• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 80 mg vyvanse; should I take more?

no_pun_intended

Greenlighter
To preface this, I'm new to BL, so I apologize for any mishaps that may occur as a result of my inexperience with the site.

Anyway, I'm a 16 year old male, I weigh about 130, and about 3 hours ago, I took 80 mg of Vyvanse XR for the first time (two 40 mg caps). I have taken them to help me overcome the mountain of homework I have to do to finish out this semester. I have essentially no previous experience with stims; I took 40 mg of Adderall about a year ago and hardly noticed a change. I can definitely feel the effects of the Vyvanse, but not to the degree that I'd hoped. Physically, my scalp is kinda tingly/itchy, and I'm typing things pretty fast, however I'm still having to pause every few sentences to plan out what to say next. Mentally, I feel slightly accelerated, however not super motivated to do work. Additionally, I have noticed that I have become slightly more socially open/conversational (I'm usually pretty withdrawn and only speak if spoken to). About 25 minutes ago, I ate dinner with my family, and although I had no appetite, my mother insisted that I eat at least some salad, which I did, to please her. The salad consisted of carrot, tomato, cabbage, lettuce, and some vinegar-based dressing. I mention this because I've heard that eating greens can combat the effects of Vyvanse, and was wondering if I could get an "expert opinion" on the matter. I can feel an extremely slight reduction of the effects, but that could be entirely based off of the placebo effect. As previously mentioned, I took 80 mg around three and a half hours ago, and am wondering if I should take one more of the two Vyvanse that I have remaining, or just save them for a later date. I've got about 4 1/2 - 5 hours before I plan to go to bed, and I've got a bunch of work to do. While I'm at my computer doing work, I come into minimal contact with my parents, to I'm not very worried about seeming too revved up or anything. I've used weed and LSD on several occasions, so I'm not concerned about freaking out or anything either. Essentially, my question boils down to three points of concern:

1) Will taking 40 more mg of Vyvanse (for a total dose of 120 mg) be helpful to me, or will it be wasted considering my current dose?
2) For a 130 pound 16 year old, will taking 120 mg of Vyvanse cause any unwanted/detrimental health (or other) effects?
3) Having already taken 80 mg (and with the possibility of taking 40 more), will I be able to get any sleep tonight if I go to bed in about 5-6 hours? (this is less of a concern as the other two; my main priority is to finish my work)

Thank you very much in advance for any help/advice; I'm looking forward to becoming part of Blue Light!

Less focus on to take more, more focus on your homework.. No do not take more as you sure as hell won't sleep. I highly recommend you get to work friend!

And don't be afraid to eat, it will help you not feel like shit and be more productive... Take care of yourself to the best of your ability!

I do not recommend re-dosing (Taking more before you come down from the initial dose) because it is a waste and will just make you stay awake longer, not any higher. If you want to get high on amphetamines, I just recommend you don't start. It can lead to addiction. However, having said that Vyvanse is special and different from Adderall in quite an intelligent way actually. Adderall is Dextramphetamine, while Vyvanse is Lis-dextramphetamine. It may seem like a small difference but it changes the way you can take it entirely. The "lis-" part is a protein that was added on so that the pill must be swallowed to allow the liver to break off the protein (essentially, it doesn't exactly work like that) but then it becomes Dextramphetamine. That way you cannot insufflate, inject, smoke, or do anything other than take it orally. This helps prevent abuse. But I would recommend staying at 80mg or so because I, personally, am 160Lbs and 80mg does the trick. It is safe to take more, but I don't know the threshold or what the dangers are so you may want to research safe doses for your weight and age.

That being said, even just taking 80mg, waiting til it kicks in, and smoking a nice indica heavy medical marijuana strain. It feels very relaxing and the Vyvanse stops the heavy sleep inducing effects from the indica so you just feel really damn high but pretty awake, If you smoke the right strain toward the end of your trip it will help with the come down. Vyvanse makes me, and many others that I know quite agitated and aggresive on the come down and it helps relax you so that you aren't as much of an asshole and you feel nice and relaxed rather than angry.

If you have trouble sleeping, I recommend either smoking more Marijuana to basically make yourself passout, or use Melatonin or other over the counter sleep aides. But again with those, (speaking of the other sleep aides, Melatonin is safe in doses as much as 50-80mg but can result in vivid or bad nightmares from high doses since a normal dose is 3mg-5mg.) be careful because in high doses they are dangerous and can be addictive as well.

Sorry for the long post and lots of info, I am currently on 80mg Vyvanse myself, and high. Unfortunately I couldn't get medical quality, but its still decent if I smoke enough.

----LoGiiK