• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos 72 hours since last dose and no WDs (Alprazolam / Clonazepam)

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Friends.

I was taking clonazepam (1-2 mg) since October 21. For something like two weeks before, I was taking alprazolam but that day I switched to clonazepam because the alprazolam made me too sleepy. This was My first time taking benzos everyday. Currently, I was going to start a tapper, taking only 0.5mg a day. On Saturday I took my last dose of 2 mg., because I felt a little more nervous than normal, but since that day I haven't taken any other dose of clonazepam or any other benzo.

I mean, it's been almost 72 hours and I still don't feel withdrawal symptoms, is this normal? Because at day 15, when my alprazolam ran out, I did have symptoms such as dizziness, stomach pain or nausea. Instead, now nothing. Is it because of the long half-life of clonazepam? So, can I quit it cold turkey or is it still dangerous? Should I keep tapering?

The truth is that if it were up to me, I would stop taking them immediately and only save them for very special occasions.

What do you guys think?

Clonazepam have extremely long half-life.
Deal with the problems as they come, don't worry about it too much.

I commend you on making a solid attempt in combatting your habits before things get dark :)

Even if you relapse or things become unclear as time passes (not saying you will--but relapsing can be unpredictable in many ways) the experience of being sober for a bit or adapting to intense changes really comes in handy down the line. Someone who has adjusted from dependency to independency knows what to expect from here on out. It really can help save your mental health in the grand scheme of things if one is forced to withdraw with seemingly no warning on a dime flip. Aka law enforcement issues and etc. Substance abuse is more than most people can bear at some points. Myself included :/ At the time of withdrawing I saw no benefit to the suffering they brought.. but it improved my capacity to handle quite a lot more from life in general. And withdrawing inevitably makes the "final" one so much more tolerable than someone who has used daily for years and years. A lil sobriety here and there unknowingly helps the last one reduce in terms of the pain meter. Not that anyone appreciates that while withdrawing though lol! Keep it up. All one needs to do regarding addiction is to just make an attempt. At times we assume we know the future and anxiety can be an arrogant emotion in some shape or form--but sobriety can lead to the unknown. This post is oddly poetic I don't know why I'm talking this way. Maybe it's this weed.

Last edited:
its unusual, did you have sky high tolerance to benzo before? it gainable with cycling (like taking 2 day/week) sorry but i think it might all this time was placebo effect and the drug did not work any espesialy with this low dose, you will not have withdrawal if the benzo was not working at all because Tachyphylaxis even if you took mega dose for months, this the only way.
Clonazepam 9h half life

No. It was my fist time taking benzos everyday. Before, I took it for recreational purposes with failed results. Basically I go bartard :LOL:

Maybe I forgot to mention that I take tramadol every day (400-2000mg). 😲 But I thought this madness half of the forum knew it.

Maybe the tramadol is covering up the WD symptoms a bit. In any case, with alprazolam that didn't happened. In fact, it was hard for me to enjoy tramadol recreational in the middle of the alprazolam WD.

Also I may be overstepping here but withdrawing from two substances at once can be dangerous. You might not be able to discern which symptoms are from which withdrawal and the depression could prove to be overwhelming. How have you felt lately?

I suppose it would kill two birds with one stone so to speak but I could never be strong enough to do that lol. Yet to experience nicotine withdrawal. Oh it'll be fun.

Also I may be overstepping here but withdrawing from two substances at once can be dangerous. You might not be able to discern which symptoms are from which withdrawal and the depression could prove to be overwhelming. How have you felt lately?

I suppose it would kill two birds with one stone so to speak but I could never be strong enough to do that lol. Yet to experience nicotine withdrawal. Oh it'll be fun.

IDK man I should make plan to do some kind of tappering of the tram thing. Cold turkey idk. I quit nicotine and caffeine (1 month) cold turkey.

I feel strangely better than with the benzos. Great energy, kinda mania without anxiety or jitters (could it be the mania a wd symptom?) I can finally feel the tramadol going up and its metabolite.

I feel strangely better than with the benzos. Great energy, kinda mania without anxiety or jitters (could it be the mania a wd symptom?) I can finally feel the tramadol going up and its metabolite.

That's why I've never understood the overdose dilemma with benzos/opioids combined to extremes. I'm guessing for some addicts it's incredibly euphoric to disregard HR in a heartbeat and not care. Or blurred inhibitions with benzos obliterating anxiety.

But yes--opiates feel better without benzos in my opinion. Elements of the opioids are blunted (find this true with stims/marijuana/anything really). To me--benzos feel like the opposite of an effect. Ultimate dullness. I'm already so calm and benzo'd out naturally so it makes me a total zombie. As opioids become more pleasurable just lookout for the seizure component of tram. I don't know why tramadol is considered the safest opioid in the USA (by many docs) but seems counterintuitive. Team... percocet? Alas tramadol feels good.

There's a limited amount of GABA in the brain. I think my logic is probably wrong but regardless the longer one is on benzos the more potential for life dependency occurs and that super sucks. One can taper down after 3-4 years of benzo use but a decade? I dunnoooo food for thought. People knee deep in the benzo game who are too late to pull out often want a redo at things. Benzos are amazing for people with intense anxiety disorders but it can get wicked dark to have dependency without one. Comforting med though. I support you getting off it and you could still save them for the rainy days if something sending you into panic mode occurs. They are useful and I tried etizolam the other day. Very smooth ;)

Last edited:
That's why I've never understood the overdose dilemma with benzos/opioids combined to extremes. I'm guessing for some addicts it's incredibly euphoric to disregard HR in a heartbeat and not care. Or blurred inhibitions with benzos obliterating anxiety.

But yes--opiates feel better without benzos in my opinion. Elements of the opioids are blunted (find this true with stims/marijuana/anything really). To me--benzos feel like the opposite of an effect. Ultimate dullness. I'm already so calm and benzo'd out naturally so it makes me a total zombie. As opioids become more pleasurable just lookout for the seizure component of tram. I don't know why tramadol is considered the safest opioid in the USA (by many docs) but seems counterintuitive. Team... percocet? Alas tramadol feels good.

There's a limited amount of GABA in the brain. I think my logic is probably wrong but regardless the longer one is on benzos the more potential for life dependency occurs and that super sucks. One can taper down after 3-4 years of benzo use but a decade? I dunnoooo food for thought. People knee deep in the benzo game who are too late to pull out often want a redo at things. Benzos are amazing for people with intense anxiety disorders but it can get wicked dark to have dependency without one. Comforting med though. I support you getting off it and you could still save them for the rainy days if something sending you into panic mode occurs. They are useful and I tried etizolam the other day. Very smooth ;)

Can quitting tramadol cold turkey be dangerous in the sense of causing seizures? Since May I have been taking more than 1000 mg almost every day.
Yesterday I took 2000 mg. Got damn. But it felt so fucking good. :love:

Can quitting tramadol cold turkey be dangerous in the sense of causing seizures? Since May I have been taking more than 1000 mg almost every day.
Yesterday I took 2000 mg. Got damn. But it felt so fucking good. :love:

I am a bad person to ask this q for BUT I believe with benzo cessation it could be riskier than normal? Someone else confirm pls. Goodnight everyone <3.

I mean, it's been almost 72 hours and I still don't feel withdrawal symptoms, is this normal?
I do not believe you are out of the woods yet, bud. Hope I am wrong but clonazepam has a long half-life and is covering for the alprazolam, IMO.
I remember one guy who was saturated with alprazolam and thought he was not going to go through the WD process... well, he did eventually, and it was reported hell.
I would think that the dose and schedule would be enough to warrant WD in this case. Hatre to be that guy but been there with benzos too many freakin times.
Please keep us posted?
Thanks and best of luck,
Ptah

You would know anyway if you are in danger. The withdrawal will be bad. You might catch a little withdrawal off 30 days of kpins. Don't think you are anywhere near the danger zone.

But kpin withdrawal is certainly more tolerable than xanax withdrawal. If you are feeling something on day 4, and feel its too much, then take the smallest increment you can.

Smart move to get away from them. Benzos are good, but not daily. At least for recreational.

I hate fucking benzos. I can't feel the opioids, it makes me munchies worse than weed (the truth is, I'd rather have anxiety than being fat :LOL: ) and the worst thing is that it makes me so sleepy. I could sleep 12 hours, when I have always slept 5-7 hours normally. I have social anxiety, but we are in quarantine here, so I see that I am wasting the pills and I don't see much sense in taking them therapeutically now hahahaha.
What do you guys think?

I think that as @TheInvisibleStoner says if some weird symptoms appear, I should take a small dose given my low tolerance and that's it (0.25-0.5 mg.).

The first time I tried a phat zanacks bar and I slept 23 hours literally. Woke up very confused. Very as I slept at night and it was 3 am... a day later when I awoke. It's hard to control benzo use with a large amount. Not the most pleasurable effect in the world but it is a comfortable way to live in a way. This is a good time to break free if you don't truly need them for daily use. Anxiety is welcome at some points of the day and I think everyone struggles with it hitting a bit hard on a regular basis. The world is not a safe place to be lol. Benzos are a bandaid that ultimately make it even unsafer :ROFLMAO: Although panic disorders can cause one to induce self harm so that's where benzos act as a godsend (for everyone's sake not just the user in some patients). If you do have prominent anxiety it will really help on the rainy days as long as you can escape daily use. If you think opiate withdrawal is bad..... benzo wd can blow that out of the water.

I guess I'm a thrill-seeking type but anxiety and fear help me feel alive. So numb otherwise sadly. Not sure if that's a guy-type problem and how we tend to bottle in emotions or it's just a me thing. Frustrating at times.

Haha. The first time I ate xanax took a whole bar too. Woke up at the dope spot. And then do not remember the slightest what happened the rest of the day. We had fun, I know that. But no memory of it. Just a few images remain.

The problem with benzos is they will make it worse (your anxiety) when you stop. Basic rebound is intense. Once you withdraw from them, it gets bad.

I just want to say that quitting tramadol sucks. Even short-term. Yeah I'm being captain obvious, but here's my experience: I used it to quit kratom, only took 100mg of tramadol for a week, maybe 8 days. Then quit, and it wasn't fun. I mean it wasn't horrific, but it was a different kind of anxiety and general malaise that was worse than if I had just quit the kratom cold turkey instead.

I had to take 2mg. yesterday sublingual because my head felt very strange, like about to seizure or some similar shit. But I think it was cause of tramadol.

Can I taken only for special occasions (like yesterday) or is it very harmful (develop tolerance or addiction?)? Shit. I'm about to sell the shitty pills. They are highly valued on my country black market.

Last edited:
What did your head feel like if you don't mind me asking. Its unikely you were going to seizure. Before that happens you are very, very shaky and your vision is going out.

Feeling pulled down (feeling like gravity is 10x more) is another one I have read.

Been luckily enough never to have a seizure in alcohol / benzo withdrawal, I just know if you are starting to see things that you shouldn't be, seizure may be coming. One story I heard from a friend was he was withdrawaling from xanax (he went cold with a 5 bar a day dependency like a crazy ass) and in his right eye, half his vision went out. He said there were complete black spots that weren't going away. 2 seizures came in the next 12 hours and was rushed to the ER.

only read half but i would just keep taking the clonazepam in the lowest dosage possible and keep tapering and at the same time taper the tramadol but with this all said, Some people can get away with this and some can't and exp seaizures during this time which can be very dangerous. For me this is when it comes down to personal exp and knowing your own body and how you respond to meds and the tappering. Some people can easily tapper down on a med and others would find it hard AF but still it is not imposssible, I wish you the best of luck and hope you conquer your conquest you on.

Much love
Coffeeshroom