• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

70 Days Sober, the road to recovery is a beautiful one

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

I decided I will no longer allow fear to run the show for my life. I will not play small for my own self perceived benefit of self preservation. The world is full of people who need help, help that has been freely handed to me on more occasions than I can count.

9 overdoses, 3 DUIs, 4 totaled cars, no seatbelts, a stroke, multiple incarcerations

No matter how far down the scale we have gone we will see how our experience can benefit others.

Just finished a 40 day treatment program, moving into a sober living extended care in NYC today.

The detective who arrested me is on unpaid administrative leave and my whole case may be thrown out. I don’t know why God has done the things he has for me but I’ll be damned if I don’t show some gratitude for all the fucked up things I’ve somehow walked through the other side of.

Hope all is well. Recovery is possible. Alone I can’t together we can.

Today I am grateful I didn’t start the day with a needle in my arm. God bless

Congrats man. Really glad to hear you're doing well, and I'm definitely pulling for your case to get tossed. That would be the cherry on top for sure.

Keep it up and stay optimistic.

We missed you. I am so happy that you are doing good.

Keep up the fight and don't be shy in updating us unless it triggers you.

This place can be very supportive but even after over 2 years clean I still get triggered sometimes and have to log off. and busy myself with other things.

We love ya kiddo. Stay focused.

Ain't it amazing?..Goodluck and you got it..I get flak for saying this but what helped me was using Nancy reagens slogan of "just say no" hahaha..it works,anytime someone offers me something,I just say NO.lol..

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

I decided I will no longer allow fear to run the show for my life. I will not play small for my own self perceived benefit of self preservation. The world is full of people who need help, help that has been freely handed to me on more occasions than I can count.

9 overdoses, 3 DUIs, 4 totaled cars, no seatbelts, a stroke, multiple incarcerations

No matter how far down the scale we have gone we will see how our experience can benefit others.

Just finished a 40 day treatment program, moving into a sober living extended care in NYC today.

The detective who arrested me is on unpaid administrative leave and my whole case may be thrown out. I don’t know why God has done the things he has for me but I’ll be damned if I don’t show some gratitude for all the fucked up things I’ve somehow walked through the other side of.

Hope all is well. Recovery is possible. Alone I can’t together we can.

Today I am grateful I didn’t start the day with a needle in my arm. God bless

love that old sayings, deepest fears.... affected me long ago, still its ringing true ty for sharing it...grateful you walked thru to the other side