• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News 7 found unresponsive in Tampa after taking bad drugs containing Fentanyl, police say

somnilicious

Bluelighter

7 found unresponsive in Tampa after taking bad drugs containing Fentanyl, police say

Dylan Abad
WFLA (Tampa Bay NBC affiliate)

Excerpts:
TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Several people who were found unresponsive near a Tampa convenience store Tuesday evening were hospitalized after consuming bad drugs, according to authorities.

Tampa police officers were called to Jackson Meat Market Tuesday just before 10 p.m. near the intersection of 34th Street North and Osborne Avenue. When they arrived, they found six people on the ground, all of whom had difficulty breathing.
The drugs were tested and discovered to contain Fentanyl mixed with Xylazine, a drug commonly used in veterinary medicine as a sedative. Xylazine also has muscle relaxant properties, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone interested, watch the video, one of the victims says everyone started dropping like flies around him after taking the drugs.

Last edited:
Wonder how many "incidents" like this happens that are not reported.
Four former associates of mine a few years ago were sharing a bag of coke in a car. All passed out one never woke up.

Ed
this incident never made the news

Last edited:
Wonder how many "incidents" like this happens that are not reported.
Four former associates of mine a few years ago were sharing a bag of coke in a car. All passed out one never woke up.
I don't know. Seven people at one place though. That's insane!

I was using with a couple of people once. The first guy shot up and fell out. His girlfriend was pissed that he was unresponsive because he usually hit her. She kept poking around untill she found a vein, even though her boyfriend is comatose next to her. She registers and immediately falls out. I'm yelling for my other friend to help and call paramedics as he is desperately trying to hit the vein in his neck, while ignoring my pleas and ensuring me he will assist my efforts in waking the others as soon as he is well. Sure enough I dial 911, cry out for my friend to help me move one to the shower and grab some ice only to see him slumped with his head resting on his chest. Paramedics arrived and revived all 3 after several shots of narcan. They had to wait for another EMT to arrive because the first one didn't have enough in the vehicle. All 3 were so sick and fixated on getting off their own shot that they couldn't have cared less that the one before them was dying after injecting the very same dope they were so desperately digging for a vein to plunge it into. Such a crazy thing opiate addiction. When it takes over it becomes a death wish.

Last edited:
Such a crazy thing opiate addiction.
Agree but one does not expect to die from a coupla key bumps of "cocaine". Point: It is in most everything these days and may be an active attempt to rid the world of all recreational drug users. Just an afterthought....

I don't know. Seven people at one place though. That's insane!

I was using with a couple of people once. The first guy shot up and fell out. His girlfriend was pissed that he was unresponsive because he usually hit her. She kept poking around untill she found a vein, even though her boyfriend is comatose next to her. She registers and immediately falls out. I'm yelling for my other friend to help and call paramedics as he is desperately trying to hit the vein in his neck, while ignoring my pleas and ensuring me he will assist my efforts in waking the others as soon as he is well. Sure enough I dial 911, cry out for my friend to help me move one to the shower and grab some ice only to see him slumped with his head resting on his chest. Paramedics arrived and revived all 3 after several shots of narcan. They had to wait for another EMT to arrive because the first one didn't have enough in the vehicle. All 3 we're so sick and fixated on getting off their own shot that they couldn't have cared less that the one before them was dying after injecting the very same dope they were so desperately digging for a vein to inject into. Such a crazy thing opiate addiction. When it takes over it becomes a death wish.
Very well said, unfortunately. And a crazy-ass story. My boyfriend went out more times than I can remember now. Each time, I died a little inside because the trauma, stress involved in these situations is nuts. I was in another room, adjacent to the kitchen where he was and had just done his shot. I'm talking to my 11 year old daughter on the phone, when I hear this loud thud. I made up some shit to get off the phone and immediately my adrenaline kicked in. He's on the fucking floor, turning blue. I'm yelling at him and calling him every cuss word in the book, which he cannot hear! I was so scared I was going to lose him and I called 911, but damn if it didn't feel like FUCKING FOREVER for everyone and I mean everyone: EMT'S, Fire Dept., cops, the works to show up. In the meantime, I am hiding shit.
Not dumping it because OBVIOUSLY...it's good shit! And I hadn't done mine yet. Took 2 shots of Narcan and an EMT to tell me that had I not called when I did, he would be dead. He goes to the ER and now feels like shit, but they need to watch him, because he could still OD. So, guess what this fucker (R.I.P., baby) wants me to bring to the hospital??!!! I never overdosed. This guy was 6'1". I'm 5'4". But he suffered from asthma, so maybe immuno-compromised??
Crazy thing, opiate addiction, for sure:cool:

Agree but one does not expect to die from a coupla key bumps of "cocaine". Point: It is in most everything these days and may be an active attempt to rid the world of all recreational drug users. Just an afterthought....
It sure makes doing drugs less recreational and more like Russian roulette:(

So is xylazine starting to become a common cut now; jesus christ.

I'm really starting to believe that this is the case. When I used that stuff it was safe to just take a bump from some random acquittance in a sketchy apartment.

So is xylazine starting to become a common cut now; jesus christ.
Sometimes it's mostly xylazine that's been cut with fentanyl:

The experience note from the guy that sent that sample in: "Feels like pure fetty". Maybe he hooked it up at the Jackson Meat Market 🤷🏿‍♂️