Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

60 Minutes story on Ecstasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.Has Paul Dillon of The Alcohol and other Drugs Council been contacted and asked to be involved as well?
Is Paul Dillon really a good choice these days? Is it just me or lately does he sound like he's sold out...

How about a story on the young youthful people getting fucked over by prescribed pharmaceuticals from doctors whom they trusted? Anyways, to Miss Lachlan (the OP) you can email me with some specific questions, and I require a mask or some sort of dimming agent to be in use if me and you were to be together, together in a sense meaning you reporting me or whatever the mumbo jumbo is. And to Mr. Blonde, sorry for being a cockhead, Miss Thomson I'm sorry for my remarks against you, saying thta you are a fat arse etc. etc. It's bullshit, I'm sorry, please forgive me and don't let the remarks of a juvenile fuck wad deter you from conducting legitimate journalism by any means. Im sorry, HeyDude12345.

Kirsty, for those who may be a tad hesitant, what information are you after/questions you'll be asking. You don't have to give specifics, but it might ally any fears that you'll be asking 20 very personal questions or expect personal information vs general usage, why/when/how much sort of stuff.

Also in terms of privacy, beyond email, are you asking for any further contact (telephone for example) for the initial discussion?

Hi there,

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I'm in the very early stages of working on a story about ecstasy in light of recent debates about reclassifying the drug in the UK.

I'm trying to find some people, over 18, who would be happy to talk about their experiences with the drug.

If you would like to talk to me, just on the phone at this stage, please email me. Your privacy will be respected at all times.

Thanks so much,

[email protected]

ha, so does Westie want a beat up or what?

So are you going to protray positive and negative experiences or just negative ones that fit the ends of the story.

Sadly a 'balanced viewpoint' usually consists of an entire story of government propaganda and user villification, then 30 seconds of some dude with his face blacked out right at the end saying 'yeah but it feels awesome!'

Kirsty does any of your story involve the following

Will you mention anything of Bluelight?
Harm Reduction?
Pure MDMA vrs street pills and adultrants.

Im guessing youve only just started so you dont know how it will flow yet. But if you could provide as much info as possiable it would be nice

depending on the content of the story and what you hope to achieve i would be happy to contribute to the research for this story as a AOD worker

I'd be happy to provide the perspective of an emergency doctor of say, the impact of alcohol vs MDMA on staff at a busy ED...

I'd be happy to provide the perspective of an emergency doctor of say, the impact of alcohol vs MDMA on staff at a busy ED...

Excellent Idea. I've heard things already about this situation and obviously others have too. Would be good to have this come up in any publication etc.

I would like to sit in a dark room and be interviewed for this apart from my complete scepticism/distrust of how it would be edited and portrayed. (I would love to be able to be identified, but that is simply not possible with work and all that)

I first had MDMA in 1991, last a few weeks ago. I have been using 3-4 times per year for the whole time. I have been testing every time for >10 years and I never have more than 2-3 on any occasion. Having never overdone it I have never lost the magic. I am 37, have a very respectable job, married 3 kids. I just happen to like to go to the odd club/event and completely experience my love of music which touches my soul. I have many similar friends to myself. All I want is a clean reliable supply and not to have the stress of buying a dodgy illegal product. I certainly do not beleive that my 'habit' has done me any harm. I drink moderate amounts of alcohol year round, dont smoke anything legal or illegal. Sure I tried other drugs along the way which I didnt really like and i never overdid anything - just normal human curiosity. All I want now is the freedom to indulge occasionally with my substance of choice. Why is MDMA illegal and a lot more harmful substances are not? I am the reason why the so called war on drugs will not work in the US, Australia or anywhere else.

But can you imagine my story on 60 minutes, i'd be a sad, hopeless, long term addict and they'd be sending the authorities around to collect the kids.

MyDietMA, my story, not as experienced as you, but similar. Older, mild user, don't smoke etc....

And I am sure there are many of us, unfortunately the war on drugs is for political gain not for harm reduction!!!!

as a professional in a "highly regarded" industry, i would be interested in speaking with you, as long as anonymity is ensured, as i think the perception that only the 'troubled youth' use drugs is one which needs to be addressed. again, HM would be the ideal outcome, but there may be a different approach to the issue as a whole when people begin to realise that their doctor/lawyer/local police officer may use more frequently than their experimental teen
alternatively, this could be turned around to diminish the trust in said professionals and make matters even worse...regardless, i'm willing to have a chat

I would like to sit in a dark room and be interviewed for this apart from my complete scepticism/distrust of how it would be edited and portrayed. (I would love to be able to be identified, but that is simply not possible with work and all that)

I first had MDMA in 1991, last a few weeks ago. I have been using 3-4 times per year for the whole time. I have been testing every time for >10 years and I never have more than 2-3 on any occasion. Having never overdone it I have never lost the magic. I am 37, have a very respectable job, married 3 kids. I just happen to like to go to the odd club/event and completely experience my love of music which touches my soul. I have many similar friends to myself. All I want is a clean reliable supply and not to have the stress of buying a dodgy illegal product. I certainly do not beleive that my 'habit' has done me any harm. I drink moderate amounts of alcohol year round, dont smoke anything legal or illegal. Sure I tried other drugs along the way which I didnt really like and i never overdid anything - just normal human curiosity. All I want now is the freedom to indulge occasionally with my substance of choice. Why is MDMA illegal and a lot more harmful substances are not? I am the reason why the so called war on drugs will not work in the US, Australia or anywhere else.

But can you imagine my story on 60 minutes, i'd be a sad, hopeless, long term addict and they'd be sending the authorities around to collect the kids.

don't feel alone there mate.

i'm nearly 40...been using MDMA for nearly 20 years too.

i'm married, own my home, run my own business and have children.

when it comes to using MDMA.... i enjoy it, especially in the company of likeminded people that can stand on their own two feet. but, as you say, i don't want to be labelled a "drug addict" by advertising the fact that i occasionally use MDMA.

tthere are a hell of alot of successful people out there using MDMA occasionally. they keep their usage discrete...for obvious reasons.

OK - time to confess. I too am 40+, own home (well paying it off anyway), run my own business, am a devoted father/house-husband of wife and two kids, and I like MDMA.

Do I consider myself a 'drug addict'? Hardly.

Do I feel I have a 'problem'? Not in the slightest.

Do I think I'm normal? Yep. Just as normal as the guy next door who might enjoy a few beers down the pub with mates on a Friday afternoon.

Do I think I'm normal? Yep. Just as normal as the guy next door who might enjoy a few beers down the pub with mates on a Friday afternoon.

I have to admit I'm significantly younger than you lot (though I am a functional member of society non-the-less!) As such my history of recreational drug use is comparativley brief (as well as rather sparse and allways excercised with extreme self-control.) But similar to what is said above, I would like to see dispelled the myth of a "drug community", as something unified in itself and seperate from mainstream society.

Whilst many subcultures identifiable as different from the mainstream are affiliated with forms of drug use, drug use/experimentation as a whole is a constituent part of mainstream society, and cannot be isolated fom it along the lines of socio-economic background, age, or various other factors.

If Aristotle was right when he said that law should not dictate anything beyond normative standards expressed in a communities customs, then our drug laws are certianly a little too ambitious in staking their vast domain.

I think older MDMA users are fucking brilliant. Never should you be ashamed to admit you use MDMA. You're successful, are married with kids, have a job and you love to roll. Older drunks annoy me tthough.

I'm 18, immature and not a suitable candidate for this program as you all would cringe with horror if I finally got a chance to be on TV. I'd make a dick of myself and fuck the program up. Plus I wouldnt call myself apart of the E Scene, just an occasional user. I'll probably get more into pills once I get better pills and start to mature a whole lot more. Good luck to the person whos gonna be on the show, just dont try to sound too smart or too dumb and be friendly and not nervous, as nervousness is mistaken for arrogancy sometimes.

I think macs statement about contacting ms Thompsom is right, if you would like to contribute to a public discussion about the topic then please do. From the start of the HR movement in AUS it has always been a challenege to get informed people to participate in discussions.

this is your chance to contribute to a discussion that will hopefully have a good outcome in revisiting harm reduction and the debate around socially sanctioned substance use :)

Do I consider myself a 'drug addict'? Hardly.

Yes I do.
Do I feel I have a 'problem'? Not in the slightest.

Not the least bit slightest, but the polar-opposite of slightest is what my problem is.
I'm not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.