• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

6-APB (1-(benzofuran-6-yl)propan-2-amine) CAS number?

I have obtained a genuine MS and IR for APB, but I want the vendor spectrum for comparison first.

lol... since the samples are only ~0.1g perhaps ocular administration with a marinade injector could be used for potentiation. Probably wanna plug a large dose of harmala alkaloids as well.

lol! :)

maybe unwise to joke about these things, some crazy people out there looking to IV a whole bag this in replacement to their beloved MEPH. Although they are probably not the type of people who know what ocular administration is so I will shut up! Yikes I sound so elitist:\

That does seem kinda likely, although I have a friend (GZero) who's sampled 6-APDB and it was definitely active, I saw him under the influence. He wrote a trip report on here, although I wasn't a member at the time so I can't remember where it was posted (I saw it via a link on another forum).

no he insists he took 6-apb

lol! :)

maybe unwise to joke about these things, some crazy people out there looking to IV a whole bag this in replacement to their beloved MEPH. Although they are probably not the type of people who know what ocular administration is so I will shut up! Yikes I sound so elitist:\

ha, and possibly true, but helping establish an LD50 would likely be the largest contribution such individuals would make to society... now i sound like the elitist ;)

luckily this doesn't seem to have the rampant abuse/redose compulsion issues that mephedrone does, so hopefully word will get out that its not the "new meph" and we can be spared the onslaught of sensationalist journalism and vehement "pro-family" politicians denouncing this as a new scourge on humanity [/rant]

Since the CAS has been posted perhaps this thread should be closed to avoid becoming another 6-APB Train Wreck thread?

Hi, ADD folks :)

Have just received a pic of the mass spectrum thingy (yeah - that technical :D) of the 6-APB that was recently sent out to some people. Hope it's of some use to those that understand such things :)

20s6lts.jpg

^ It is an NMR spectrum, thanks for posting it, I will have a look at it later.
V

My guess: chinese custom synth companies usually ask voor CAS number of the compound you want synthesized

Yeah, I already suspected something like this. Ergo: No more CAS-numbers from Murphy. :\

Can we get a higher resolution for the NMR, please?
On the first sight, it looks indeed like genuine 6-APB (probably a salt; it was measured in D2O): 5 signals in the aromatic range vs. 3 for 6-APDB. The rest is hard to deciper though. Methyl is there, so is methylene and methylidene. No signal for the amine, but that was expected in D2O.

Nice! Thanks for the spectrum! I can see several impurities though. Check minor signals at 2.1, 2.8, 3.7, 6.8 and 7.25. All these shouldn't be there, if this batch is intended for human consumption. But impurities seem to be an accepted standard nowadays. :|

- Murphy

Last edited:
... the dihydrofuran protons would come characteristically at 4ppm. And theres no N-Methyl there either, so far so good and it appears reasonably pure. But judging the isomer with accuracy is quite difficult. Asking for a higher resolution is just an excuse from Murphy, I see enough in the expanded range but I can't judge :p

^^also makes it easier for anyone researching the compound, especially given the royal clusterfuck of nomenclature surrounding this one.

Nice! Thanks for the spectrum! I can see several impurities though. Check minor signals at 2.1, 2.8, 3.7, 6.8 and 7.25. All these shouldn't be there, if this batch is intended for human consumption. But impurities seem to be an accepted standard nowadays. :|

- Murphy

Yes, I was wondering about this myself. There is a slight shift about 0.1ppm or 0.2ppm towards 0 in the higher region (maybe because of the solvent?) for the two aromatic protons nearest to the isopropylamine chain. One would predict a peak somewhere about 6.5ppm (alkenyl 1H approximate to phenyl ring) also so the presence of that is not surprising. Yet strangely the peak is quite a bit higher than expected. The peak near delta=7.7ppm really strongly indicates the the alkenyl proton adjacent to the oxygen, though, so it sure seems like the benzofuranyl amphetamine derivative.

I guess that most Bluelighters don't know how to read a 1H-NMR. Actually, you don't have to. I got a simple take-home-message for all folks, who don't have any clue what I wrote with respect to the spectrum that Shambles posted:

One can "see" impurities in a 1H-NMR-spectrum - measured at 200 MHz - when the impurities make up more than ca. 5% of the sample.

It's just a very rough, general rule of thumb.

Considering that most NMR-spectrometers used nowadays are usually more capable than that (>400 MHz), I'm really worried about that crap that doesn't belong into this spectrum. It might only be 1-2 %, but that's what you - all you Bluelighters, who buy your drugs on the internet from dubious vendors, are supposed to consume, too.

Have fun!

- Murphy

thanks for posting the spectra, looking at it quickly there are a couple of minor odd things about the spectra, I agree it appears to be mostly the 6-benzofuran.

I took the patent procedure as reference. Yes, I'm aware that there may be other routes possible, but I assumed that synthesis on demand follows just what it was provided with; and this is the only officially published procedure. Anyway, the following signals in the NMR could be attributed to the following:

- 1.24 (hidden under the methyl-signal), 2.07 & 4.14 = ethyl acetate from the crystallisation process (acc to the patent free base gets dissolved in AcOEt, then Et2O/HCl is added drowise).
- ...accordingly, ether could be an impurity, too. Signals in water are at 1.17 & 3.56 and would be hidden in the given spectrum.
- 3.70 could be dioxane if this was used instead of diethyl ether.
- impurities in the aromatic range stem more likely from the first step of the synthesis than the second one​

Still deriving from the spectrum, I have reason to believe that other intermediates of the synthesis could be present, too. I won't name them, because that is akin to synthesis discussion (I refer e.g. to the signal at ca. 1.8-1.9). The educts were named by Vecktor, so everyone can make up his own mind. The preparation is not too difficult to guess.

Conclusion (again!): Definitively not pure enough for human consumption!

- Murphy

Last edited:
Where did you get the spectrum Shambles? Was it provided by a vendor or did someone analyse a sample independently?

I'd rather not get into how I acquired it... but I believe it was provided by the lab that produced the substance rather than an independent analysis. I may be mistaken but that is the impression I was under. I will post any details that I can but that is all I can say at the moment.

Altough I wouldn't worry on the positional isomer (actually it might be interesting on its own, I think it has been tried )