• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5mg hydrocodone vs 30mg codeine

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
How would you compare eachother? Which is stronger and by how much? I know there is opiate comparison charts but they all give different calculations.

30 mg of codeine is about 3-5 mg hydro depending on how well you metabolize it. Different people will get different results from codeine based on their genetic makeup. Personally I never got much from codeine, however I've used hydro and oxy regularly so that is probably why, those are much stronger, tolerance builds fast to these.

Codeine makes my stomach feel uncomfortable and gives me a hangover throughout the next day. I´d recommend to stick with hydrocodone

What do you mean the Opioid conversion charts all give differnt answers OP? I use them all the time and I've not really had that issue to a significant extent. Sometimes you have to make sure that you adjust the level of cross-tolerance to a uniform level from one conversion tool to the next. The conversion of Codeine to Hydrocodone should be pretty straightforward. If it helps, to get a very rough estimate for yourself, you can adjust your dosage of Codeine to Morphine by dividing the dose of Codeine by ten.

This is a valuable calculation in this instance, as PO Morphine and PO Hydrocodone are roughly equipotent. Keeping in mind that these are all estimations and that cross-tolerance and individual metabolisms are always going to be factors, you can divide your Codeine dose by ten, giving you your equivalent dose of 3mg Morphine, which is roughly equal to 3mg of Hydrocodone if both are taken by the oral route.

I'm going to close this, as you can't get any better answers from the Opioid conversion charts/calculators. They are very useful and generally pretty accurate. Do adequate research though and don't ever take what one web-site says as fact without investigating other sites.

Do they still prescribe Hydrocodone in the US? cuz here in canada it is like OPANA, no approved.

Yes they still perscribe Hydrocodone in the United States. Although I'm pretty sure you can't get any refills on your script so you have to see your doctor each time.

Don't they do that with all opiates? Except like ER meds ..
I'm pretty sure it's just Hydrocodone that was reclassified to a Schedule II controlled substance which means you have to get a handwritten prescription from your doctor for each refill.