• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5meomipt redundancies

treefingers49 said:
I just sampled 5-MeO-MiPT for the first time. I was very excited about this chemical and let me tell you...boy was I wrong.
If I try it again (which I doubt I will) it will probably be at a much higher dosage (not recommended) in an effort to get rid of the rest of this miserable drug, and not be completely disappointed again.

I have to say, 5-MeO-MiPT provided the most worthless psychedelic experience in all my years of tripping. Trying DXM again would have been more worthwhile, and I can't stand that drug.

I'd say give it another go at a higher dose, most of the negative reports about this drug come from low dose trips like yours. I will be acquiring some of this substance soon so i'll be back with a report of my own in a bit. But from what I hear you need atleast 10mg to get a good trip out of it.

what is the maximum amount has anyone taken? i've tried it thrice with 6, 12 and 18-20mg doses. The first time did not produce any noticable effects: stoning feeling, troubles concentrating, inability to sleep and some mild thought psychedelia. In one word, worthless. 12mg was much more interesting: same stoning effect (talking/concentrating was very difficult), mild paranoia (went out that night and got running into all kind of problems from a bus driver starting talking with me to some random underaged girl asking to buy smokes for her. wtf?), different train of thought, tryptamine bodyhigh, mild CEVs, but no OEVs of any kind. Pleasant, but not a party drug in any way.
The next time I took something around 18-20mg and only at that dosage I can say it was truly psychedelic (+++). Still no OEVs apart from objects changing shapes mildly and getting all kind associations about the objects (all cars seemed to appear as dinosaurs at some point)..
I have around 30mg of stuff left and I was thinking about taking 25mg next time. Has anyone done anything around this dosage before? I figured out that I have kind of a high natural tolerance to psychedelics, but would not like to risk my health by being the first one taking heroic dosages of an uncommon compound. Taking it low doses seems like waste of material and my time to me, though.

^ When you take it, you develop a tolerance for the coming few days. When you abuse it, I'm sure that your tolerance will not subside untill you stop using. Why do you even ask? Are you planning to develop a tolerance or something? I suggest not to take psychedelics that often, then you don't have to worry about any tolerance either.

I got some last week, have had one experiment so far with 10mg oral at the start and then about 5mg insufflated 5 hours in. The trip was pretty good if not somewhat mild (may have to boost the dose), it seems to be a pretty recreational psychedelic if there was one. Mushroom-like visuals, albeit without all the swirling and a killer body high, really warm and tactice enchancement was wonderful. As for music it wasn't as immersive as mushrooms or LSD but it was easy to get into it and just as easy to get out (something that is impossible for me on mushrooms, it absorbs me). Social ability was enhanced somewhat, lots of talking through the trip and not too many bad vibes and a mostly clear-head with the occasional insight.

All in all i thoroughly enjoyed my first 'rc' and am happy it was 5-MeO-MiPT. Will try again soon enough and report back.

For freebasing 5-meo-mipt,check out TIHKAL.It appears less potent than oral,surprisingly.But more 5-MeO-DMT like.But it is interesting that you get effects with 2-4mg HCl salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
nanobrain said:
15mg via oral, y'all are nuts. my rat would not dream of any more than 5mg as things are definitely in the psychedelic stew / soup realm after just a couple mgs.

and while the ol' rattie loves the n,n-DMT acacialoids, it sure as git doesn't want to try smoking the 5-MEO-MiPT thinking it waay to weird for homo sapiens.

damn rats.

Makes sense to me…

Rough prosaic / banal English equivalent:

‘You took 15 mg. orally or would like to do so? You are either highly insensitive to this compound, have an impure batch, or are very crazy. My rat got plenty strong effects (seriously tripping / melting visuals /etc.) from doses on the low side of the single digit milligram range. While the rat loves DMT and/or related alkaloids found in acacia, it sure as shit does not want to try smoking 5-MeO-MiPT as it predicts the effects would be way, way too bizarre; beyond even those of smoked n,n-DMT and related alkaloids. If my rat (which enjoys DMT) can’t take it, really watch out you knucklehead humans! Damn (lab) rats.’

End translation.

I B

You don't understand, NanoBrain is a time traveler. This is how people talk in the future.

Anyway, yeah, 15mg oral? It gets weird enough for me around 6. But some people like a lot. One of my friends took like 20mg and said he enjoyed it, although it was a little intense at time.

done ALOT of this particular compound pre-opWebTryp. Had friends that took upwards of 50mg. I have to say it was fun, very psychedelic. I did not find the trips terribly meaningful in most cases. I don't find the depth in it that I find on mushrooms or 4-aco-mipt. Yes it makes you shit and fart alot. Some folks even vomit. I agree w/ f&b the the 5-meos have a weird sort of maybe evil tinge to them. I prefer 4 sub tryps.

About the 15mg oral, I find that this is prob. as high as I am ever going to go (maybe 20, but doubtful). 10mg to me is a recreational, social dose and anything less I could imagine being very similar and probably even more social. I barely got visuals off 10mg nor much in the way of general 'psychedelia'. 15mg however was a full blown trip akin to maybe 3g of mushrooms, although obviously completely different.

As for smoking it, so far i'm amazed - i smoked 5mg last night with great results.. the peak (first 15 min) was a pretty intense rush but after that i just felt damned good. Hoping to try 10 in the future, though the intensity of the rush kind of turns me off about it i'm a bigger fan of gradual comeups.

I tried freebasing it but I kind of screwed it up and freebased maybe 1% of what I intended to, so right now i have roughly 40mg of 5meomipt HCl in aqueous solution. Should have that made into freebase by mon./tues. though so expect to hear more in the future.

Freebase 5-meo-mipt

Ok, so i've run into plenty of trouble freebasing this substance - more than likely a result of my inexperience(first time doing this to any substance).

I started with ~50mg of 5-meo-mipt dissolved in distilled H2O; a slightly cloudy but mostly clear solution. To this solution I added about 2-3 drops of 6mol/L NaOH which instantly caused the formation of a precipitate (freebase I assume). However, the precipitate doesn't seem to be entirely insoluble in water, because I put it in a centrifuge and it just went back into a really really cloudy white solution. So I added some 6mol/L HCl til it went back to near clear and then added more NaOH til I saw precipitate again.

However, now i'm stuck - my experience is mostly with inorganic chemistry so maybe the centrifuge is a really really bad idea (wasn't aware if so). How do I go about getting it out of solution, just evaporate the water? Also, why does the freebase go into solution, I was under the impression it would be totally insoluble.

Please point out mistakes i'm making (prob. more than enough of them). Maybe I just did this entire thing completely assbackwards lol. Thanks for any replies on this matter

The reason the centrifuge didn't work is because the freebase precipitated as an oil (50mg of an oil is just enough to make it cloudy),it happens quite often as the base has a much lower melting point (unknown here).Don't evaporate the water as you would have excess NaOH in your freebase (or the compound is volatile with water...).The only choice you have is to extract it twice with Dichloromethane or Ethylacetate (if its not too basic from the NaOH) and then evaporate the solvent.Once dry,it might still take some time to crystallize.

I can imagine some solubility of the base in water as the amine and the methoxi adding hydrophily.

you could chill the solution and see if it centrifuges then. Is your centrifuge clean enough to run in your freezer? (I'm not saying freeze the solution tho)

I've smoked some, but I'm afraid I have to confess I don't know which it was! The bitter taste made me think it was a salt, it tasted a lot like Calea Z. leaves. Quite unlike 5-MeO-DMT vapour. The effects, anyhow, were in the realm of 5-MeO-DMT in the way that's described in Tihkal (obviously not as intense or rapid). This was achieved using a lighbulb vapouriser.

Wow. SWIM just smoked a small amount and all they can say is wow. Salt works just fine in a light bubl vaprizer :))

I'll throw in an experience I had two nights ago. I smoked unknown quantity of 5-MeO-MiPT HCL and immediately got a very "speedy" bodyload (I think anyone who has taken it knows what I mean). By an hour it had subsided completely and was a bit more psychedelic, albeit with very very very minor visual disturbances. At this point I smoked a joint, and did not feel high at all (akin to not being able to get drunk while on coke). After smoking the joint, I smoked a decent bit more than the original hit of 5-MeO-MiPT and immediately felt the need to lay down. As I stared up at my ceiling the light became very yellow and began to "spread" all over my popcorn ceiling. Patterns began to form, swirling, breathing, etc. The visuals were very fleeting, a few minutes at best, with a lasting psychedelic & tactile/sensory experience. Did anyone else have moments where they would go from completely sober to tripping pretty hard again? I got this at least three times.

Does 'moxy' make anyone else dumb as fuck? I tried some and I couldn't count out postage to put on a package- maybe I just didn't want to. This is by far the most intelligence-inhibiting psychedelic I've ever encountered.