• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5MeODMT and tolerance (to 5MeODMT and other psych's)

Achten

Bluelighter
I hope I can explain myself more or less clearly since I find the experiences I'm having hard to put into words.

Could it be that low dose 5MeODMT (4-6mg *snorted*) has an effect on tolerance to tryptamines and psych's in general ?

I'm snorting a low amount 3-4 days a week. I never notice tolerance. I have used low dose aMT (ONE mg) and low dose DOC (+/- 100-200mics). (I'm only doing this for the past 2-3 weeks and don't plan to do this continuously)

Normally I let 7days in between the aMT and DOC but this week I tried 1mg aMT on day1 and on day4 I used it again (also 1mg) and the experience is totally similar. (I had used 160mics of DOC on day -6.)
I'd even say the dose on day4 worked even better.

Now, the reason I'm experimenting in this way is because I'm trying to strengthen my spiritual exercises (which I also do when sober). Meditation, hatha yoga, listening/singing mantras, .. All these things seem to flow more, even when I'm not on a drug. Day after aMT people congratulate me while doing my job.

Or is it the other way round: because of the low dose 5MeODMT in combo with spiritual exercises my body and mind are functioning better (more clear), thus needing less of said chemicals to do their thing

I have had my honeymoon period with psychedelics and these experiences I'm having now feel definetly more real. Experiences during the honeymoon period were high dose and of an extreme nature, but harder to interpret and integrate. This time I really feel I'm genuinly working on myself.

Anyone care to chime in ?

Also others who have experience with low dose regimen are welcome to comment with their experiences.

Om namah Shivaya Om namah Shivaya Hara Hara Bole Om namah Shivaya..

edit: my chemicals are synthetic and lab-tested.

Last edited:
i have noticed that i can use 5meo several times in a night without losing any effects similar to dmt... but i'm not sure about cross tolerance
ps. while your 5meo doses are moderate amt and doc are quite low even below the threshold for me personaly

i have noticed that i can use 5meo several times in a night without losing any effects similar to dmt... but i'm not sure about cross tolerance
ps. while your 5meo doses are moderate amt and doc are quite low even below the threshold for me personaly

I know, right ? I've used aMT in doses of 1, 4, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 40mg. Even at 1mg I can distinguish the comeup (spot on 3 hours for me). Sleep is possible after 15-16 hours.

DOC the same thing, I've used it at 0.1mg, 0.2, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 2 and 2.8mg. Even at 160mics it runs its course like with a higher dose.

I was more or less aware of the fact that 5MeODMT didn't produce tolerance for itself. Do you know why ? Is it because our body "knows" how to deal with it ?

BTW, do you use 5MeODMT snorted ? Is it possible to snort 5mg, wait an hour, snort 5 again on the plateau of the first dose, and so on ? A bit like with MXE, so you can get to a high dose effect without ingesting it all at once ? Lack of tolerance should point towards yes, I presume ?

The experience is a little short for that perhaps? Also IIRC, 5-MeO-DMT acts quite a bit on 5HT1A rather than heavily on 5HT2A - source says 9x selectivity in fact..

So apart from the fact that aMT has monoaminergic action besides psychedelic (and doesn't DOC do interesting things on 5HT2C like 2C-C?) there is less basis for cross-tolerance than you might think.

I know, right ? I've used aMT in doses of 1, 4, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 40mg. Even at 1mg I can distinguish the comeup (spot on 3 hours for me). Sleep is possible after 15-16 hours.

DOC the same thing, I've used it at 0.1mg, 0.2, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 2 and 2.8mg. Even at 160mics it runs its course like with a higher dose.

I was more or less aware of the fact that 5MeODMT didn't produce tolerance for itself. Do you know why ? Is it because our body "knows" how to deal with it ?

BTW, do you use 5MeODMT snorted ? Is it possible to snort 5mg, wait an hour, snort 5 again on the plateau of the first dose, and so on ? A bit like with MXE, so you can get to a high dose effect without ingesting it all at once ? Lack of tolerance should point towards yes, I presume ?

ive mostly snorted it but also iv one time. i have done it in doses nasally 3-15mg in periods of more than an hour but less than 3h i think usually as i have almost reached baseline but not entirely.

a friend foolishly took 30mgs iv recently thinking it was the right dose... he survived even though he did meet death ;D

Yeah you can use the simple tryps without gaing to much tolerance. You just need to cycle or supplement them. Since they leave the body somewhat quickly but then it recedes quickly. I call it almost supplying and dodging!

The experience is a little short for that perhaps? Also IIRC, 5-MeO-DMT acts quite a bit on 5HT1A rather than heavily on 5HT2A - source says 9x selectivity in fact..

So apart from the fact that aMT has monoaminergic action besides psychedelic (and doesn't DOC do interesting things on 5HT2C like 2C-C?) there is less basis for cross-tolerance than you might think.

For someone as inexperienced as myself, could you explain this a little plx? I'm yet to try some of my DOC, and haven't tried 2C-C, so am curious as to what these 5HT2c effects are you speak of.

For someone as inexperienced as myself, could you explain this a little plx? I'm yet to try some of my DOC, and haven't tried 2C-C, so am curious as to what these 5HT2c effects are you speak of.

Sure, it can be found rather easily:
5-HT2C receptors are claimed to significantly regulate mood, anxiety, feeding, and reproductive behavior
[Heisler LK, Zhou L, Bajwa P, Hsu J, Tecott LH (July 2007). "Serotonin 5-HT2C receptors regulate anxiety-like behavior". Genes, Brain and Behavior]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HT2C_receptor

Lorcanserin (Belviq) is an anorectic drug and selective agonist of this receptor that was thought to be a potential recreational drug and was tried as we can read in the NSP forum, it seems to be quite nasty at higher doses.
Other than that I don't really know of drugs whose agonism or antagonism of this receptor specifically are considered to cause certain strong (side)effects, which is what probably gave us the clues for the above claim. I did not read the study and or know whether this was found in animal.

Anyway, many psychedelics agonize this 5HT2C a bit, but afaik 2C-C is one of them that takes the cake. I would say it is a major explanation for why so many people find it to give a deeply relaxing feeling somehow, one that IMO is not one of sedation or anything but rather special.

The (-)-S isomer of DOC (unless i am mistaken), or not at least for DOM was speculated to give it stimulating side-effects while the R isomer would be the much more psychedelically active one. DOX are also thought to be stimulating from other serotonin or other monoamine activity that is not comparable to actual plain stim amphetamines. Either way, this may overshadow a lot of the relaxing / anxiolytic effects we see better in 2C-C. That may be dose dependent as these qualities of the isomers are unlikely to be exactly as effective/potent. In my one experience with low-medium dosed DOC, I still found it to be serene in a way reminding of 2C-C. I am not at all surprised low dose DOC is very loved, even if it can also be awesome in other ways when higher dosed.

Activity of or on different serotonin receptors is also probably always a delicate balance since it is an integral system. So that serves to disclaim these simplifications a bit. It may be very hard to select out those qualities of DOC we are talking about without also just making it more psychedelic, or way different, etc.

And while we are at it 5HT1A activity is a hallmark specifically of 5-MeO tryptamines that I think forms the basis of the more direct cerebro energetic spiritual effects. Or at least an explanation why these compounds can be so profound without necessarily being that psychedelic on the senses like say selective 5HT2A ligands like the NBOMe class which conversely are often found to be spectacular yet hollow.

Careful, I mixed data with my own assumptions here.

Last edited:
Achten. Are you feeling any nootropic effects from your microses of DOC?

Well, hard to say if it's from the DOC, since I'm experimenting with cycling a few psych's in the last weeks, but nootropic effects are definetly there.

I should add, I take 10mg Noopept in the morning to. One month on, one month off, October is the month on for now.

It seems/feels all these chemicals enhance eachother. But I can't tell you which effect comes from which chemical, sorry..

edit: that said, when I'm on such a microdose of a psych, I don't use the Noopept that day. And anything I do definetly feels like I get more out of it (social-, work-, sports-, ... related).