• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5HT2a ligands and RC Tryptamines

blue color

OK, I know this does not really refer to that thread, but to me it is very interesting.
Anyone can suggest another thread for that discussion.

The polymer idea is exactly, what is described in the mentioned articles, and I may attach some formulae of that kind of compounds if anybody is interested.
Last weekend I was in the woods and collected (not psychedelic) eatable mushrooms esp. those with a sponge and not those with lamellae. There are so many species of funghi that turn immediately blue when they are touched or cut and are contacted with air.
So…they surely don’t contain psilocin and even so turn blue. Interestingly the blue color disappeared during cooking but also disappeared, when I put some vitamin C on the raw dark blue mushroom.
-Isn’t that interesting?

BTW: what a shame that there are no comparable Ki values and receptor-profiles of psilocybin, psilocin and psilacetin. I think this could bring light into the dark.

Maybe, this can be checked easily. But why does it turn blue in contact with air?

Homooxidation.

The process is analogous to the formation of homocysteine
(R-S-S-R) bonds between individual amino acids within a protein.

Helios. said:
4-OH-DMT gets into the brain just fine, otherwise it wouldn't make your brain trip. 4-phosphate-DMT is dephosphorylized without delay upon ingestion. Morphine also gets into brain alright, and it too has hydroxy groups.

Helios,
When attaching the Acetyl bonds to morphine using Acetic Annhydrous, the product is di-acetyl-morphine (heroin) and as I understand it, the acetyloxy bonds make it able to pass INCREDIBLY easily through the BBB and to the proper neuron receptors. The body processes the H into Morhpine the same way (I believe) that it processes 4-Aco-DMT(or 4-Phosphate-DMT) into 4-HO-DMT.

Wouldn't an appropriate analogy then be 4-aco-dmt:4-ho-dmt::di-acetyl-morphine:morphine
?
Someone please elaborate... :)8(

Lipophilicity.

Morphine and heroin both cross the blood brain barrier, but heroin does it three times better. The analogy does not hold for 4-OH-DMT/4-AcO-DMT.

IV, it might.

Last edited:
Helios. said:
Morphine and heroin both cross the blood brain barrier, but heroin does it three times better. The analogy does not hold for 4-OH-DMT/4-AcO-DMT.

IV, it might.

Yes IV is what SWIM was refering to. Thought that having 2 oxygen molecules would help it out a lot compared to Psilocin's one. Thanks for the input on this one :) =D

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question ( I am only now taking Organic Chem), but is there a way you could substitute the phosphoryll group in psilocybin for another group that will break off during digestion? If so, you would get psilocine and the DEA would have to go through the whole Analog Act bullshit to prosecute.

MadShroomer's post #16--^. :eek:

Edit: my post #817, but who's counting?

Helios. said:
MadShroomer's post #16--^. :eek:

Edit: my post #817, but who's counting?

? i am confused...
I simply wanted to point out a similar organic bond haveing a similar effect in a non similar molecuel.
the 4-ho becomeing 4-aco would make IV administration of this drug equevalent to morphihne and di-acetyl morphine being iv administerd.
AT ONE POINT in time HEROIN was CONSIDERED a less adictive alternative to morphine while still having increased effectiveness.
I wish to expand on the 4-aco vs 4-ho and its ability to do its job just as HEROIN vs Morphine.