• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe 52hrs 0 Subs//No WDs (30 days clean; 600mg OC/day) Atypical Addict HELP

Back to the question raised, no there isn't a "sweet spot" before PAWs sets in and restarting your oxy addiction won't address the problem. Instead of snorting your subs, which by the way is not a good way to accurately taper your use, take as directed and TAPER. Lowering the dosage over time without using other opiates or opiods then jumping from the smallest amount seems to reduce acute withdrawal symptoms and PAWs.

I am not dissing your partner, but it's difficult for two people with addiction issues to get sober at the same time.

I agree that your best option (and her's) is rehab.You can be medically detoxed and get the tools you both need for sobriety.

Just know its gonna be a long haul before you feel normal again.. PAWS doesn't usually start until 15-21 days off suboxone and lingers for up to a few months. I realize you wern't taking only subs but the fact you were on so much and for a long period I'd imagine it will take a solid 30 to feel decent and another 30 to feel normal. You'll be plagued by fatigue and chills. If your gonna crack then your better off taking 6-12 loperamide pills to allow the fatigue to go away for a day. It helps alot especially in the PAWS phase. During withdrawals you need alot more of it and its easy to get hooked on that... I'll try to write more later but gotta go to work.

I usually do my best to provide help and guidance, but given the situation I think you all know my response to this new member might go overboard. I will tell you one thing Atomik, DO NOT insult my friends that are here trying to help you. I will bring the wrath of God down upon you and you can find a way to deal with your addiction on your own. I am a very forgiving person but NOBODY verbally attacks the people I have come to rely on as friends and colleagues in this business of addiction. Keep your money out of it, keep your reputation out of it, and keep my members out of it. You have a substance abuse issue to resolve and it has no persona. Nobody here cares about what you do in your personal life (not as an insult but as a point of dealing with addiction) so focus on the problem at hand and stop making justifications.

It is my opinion that you need actually medical help and therapy, but if my buddies here are willing to try to help you free of cost then you need to be willing to take their advice free of harassment.

I usually do my best to provide help and guidance, but given the situation I think you all know my response to this new member might go overboard. I will tell you one thing Atomik, DO NOT insult my friends that are here trying to help you. I will bring the wrath of God down upon you and you can find a way to deal with your addiction on your own. I am a very forgiving person but NOBODY verbally attacks the people I have come to rely on as friends and colleagues in this business of addiction. Keep your money out of it, keep your reputation out of it, and keep my members out of it. You have a substance abuse issue to resolve and it has no persona. Nobody here cares about what you do in your personal life (not as an insult but as a point of dealing with addiction) so focus on the problem at hand and stop making justifications.

It is my opinion that you need actually medical help and therapy, but if my buddies here are willing to try to help you free of cost then you need to be willing to take their advice free of harassment.

Well said mad dash.

He certainly needs some form of inpatient/outpatient treatment, no question about that. And preferably inpatient treatment for 60+ days.

atomik22 I might have came off harshly and I misread your post(part of it) for that I apologize. let's start over leaving just the relevant stuff in here.
As one poster said it is very difficult quitting alone but it is exponentially more difficult trying to quit with another ,it can and has been done but it's extremely more difficult. I'm sorry to say you guys won't escape PAWS but you can minimalize it. Working out is great,keeping busy and your mind active also helps because when you sit there and doing nothing that depression creeps in and takes hold and in a strange way it feels comfortable and we can allow ourselves to get engulfed in it. Also talk therapy helps,I believe it was my buddy manboychef who mentioned AA or NA even if you just use it to get through the PAWS it is very therapeutic.
As I said before the majority f us are really good people and have come from all walks of life and we have one goal and that is trying to share our mistakes and acquired knowledge to help others. I quite honestly don't care about the other stuff except for you trying to get well and me if I can offer advice to help you.