• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 5-MeO-MiPT vs. 5-MeO-DiPT

Mjäll said:
Audio distortions were similar to those produced by LSD or HBW. Music sounded infinitely more complex, and everything would sprinkle and sparkle. I'm not sure if that's really distortion. Music would sound slower and more mellow than it does when I'm sober. More friendly as well. Musical synesthesia very noticable. 5-meo-mipt appears to affect perception of sound much in the same way it affects visual perception, IMO. Everything looks/sounds VERY important, mellow and floaty, and your appreciation of the beauty increases dramatically. In the visual department, it has some real distortion as well, not sure about audio. But that doesn't matter really much to me. It makes listening to music a pure bliss.

I've tried DiPT, which I would describe as different in that it causes actual audio distortions, but not so much change in the... Processing? Of the signal. It will sound a bit more entertaining and impacting, but mostly just distorted. Almost - but not excactly - like hearing the music go through an effect box before reaching the ear.

Okay, yeah, I've tried DiPT also (and 5-MeO-DiPT), and both produce a lowering of pitch and wild distortions, especially DiPT. I thought maybe you meant the same kind of distortions were present with 5-MeO-MiPT. Most psychedelics tend to produce a difference in the way sound is processed, however, in some way at least.

It sounds like you haven't really broken through to the level of sound distortion that DiPT can produce. DiPT is one of my favorite psychedelics and probably the most unique psychedelic I have experienced. Here is a link to my report on Erowid if you haven't read it... I plan to experience it again sometime in the future. I imagine that taking it depe in nature would be a phenomenal experience... it seemed to clock parts of my hearing while opening others up and I seemed to be witnessing communication between things on a level I had never before imagined. When listening to music on DiPT, it was nothing more than a novelty, but turn the music off and listen to the sounds of the world, and it becomes amazing.

Xorkoth said:
It sounds like you haven't really broken through to the level of sound distortion that DiPT can produce. DiPT is one of my favorite psychedelics and probably the most unique psychedelic I have experienced. Here is a link to my report on Erowid if you haven't read it... I plan to experience it again sometime in the future. I imagine that taking it depe in nature would be a phenomenal experience... it seemed to clock parts of my hearing while opening others up and I seemed to be witnessing communication between things on a level I had never before imagined. When listening to music on DiPT, it was nothing more than a novelty, but turn the music off and listen to the sounds of the world, and it becomes amazing.

Nah, I haven't had more than 50 mg of dipt.

What I meant to say was that 5-meo-mipt is a good "music drug" maybe, not necessarily an audio distorter.

There's notihing better than a good "music drug." Music and drugs go together like monkeys and bananas. I have found 5-MeO-DMT to produce wonderful synaestesia with music--even though it is not as 'visual' as other tryptamines, the pixelation and strobing colors sync up to music like an iTunes visualizer. Hence, it does not surprise me that 5-MeO-MiPT has some nice musical effects as well.

5-MeO-DiPT was more of all-purpose audio distorter--music was 'fun,' but not necessarily profound, more like it was shunted through one of those novelty audio filters (does it sound like I'm on old-timey radio?). This is one of the reasons I consider 5-MeO-DiPT to a be a novelty psychedelic. Perhaps if you are fortunate enough to have a use for its aphrodesiac properties, it would be worth something, but if you are alone, there are hundereds of better chemicals.

Last edited:
Check the Pihkal. Dosages there are pretty accurate. With 5-meo-dipt, I find 6-8mg will provide a nice peaceful body / mind buzz. A bit mind acceleration with a greater awareness of body feeling. Around 12mg is where it starts to get psychedelic, and can feel a little mushroom-like. For me, beyond 16mg is too much. It can produce a pretty astounding trip, but I found it to be too distorting of the senses. I'd keep it between 6 and 12 with this one. 12 if you wants the thoughts to go to your head (I usually like long walks at this level), or 6 if you wanna keep more towards the body (dancing, sex, hiking, socializing).

MOXY. Not so sure about this one. Would not mind finding me some of this.

Foxy will have more experiments in the future. I have not consumed in about a year. It was nice. I recalled eating a lot of food at a festival while intoxicated on foxy. The vendors were delighting my taste buds.

I think the doses between the two compounds are similar. Perhaps not! Check the pihkal or the erowid for dosage information.

I am always appalled by the bad rep that foxy has. As I said countless times, for me it is one of the best possible experiences I have ever had with a psychedelic. Never had any gut problems nor anyone I gave them to. I always go for 15 mg. 20, is a bit overwhelming but OK. Foxy is perhaps the best psychedelic that conveys "magic feeling and touch" to the skin. And if you are into that kind of stuff, it is perfect for Muladhara stimulation and Kundalini type work. Simply unbelievable. Yet, I never had sex with it (or any psychedelic) so I do not know if the rumors are true

There is only one thing that is horrible with Foxy. The taste. It is possibly the bitterest and most repulsive thing I ever tasted in my life. Even mixed with juice, I found myself gagging when drinking it. Yuck! I always use a gelatin capsule now, It takes longer for full effects, but the nightmare of drinking it is over.

I find psychedelics in general, but specifically moxy/5-MeO-MiPT, to be best experienced outdoors, and (of course) in a safe, friendly environment.

The bad trips (or, more accurately, bad patches within good trips) I've witnessed people have on moxy, have always occured very shortly after entering a building after having been outside, appreciating nature. Obviously, this could be mere coincidence. It's happened only three times, and never to me personally.

Peacelove,
Aldousage
I ingested 10mg last night and at one point I felt like I was having a heart attack and started to think that at my age I should be eating better. I also was bothered by the feeling my chest was in a vise and I wasn't breathing deep enough.
But, I mostly attributed that to just loafing around and the pent up energy of the 5-meo-mipt had nowhere to go but the only moving muscles, namely my heart.
When I get up offa my ayass the energy redistributes itself to other muscles and of course the heart muscles are now working for a reason and not hyped up for no reason, and that feels more right.

I have taken up to 25mg's with no uncomfortable heart issues, but we were hiking around at the time.

So get up offa yo ayass if your heart gives you concern.

You guys really need to try vaping this material. I have never had anything close to an experience that was stimulating/pent-up energy, etc...and I've shared the material with a few others who find it as I do.

I too enjoy vaping it. It just sucks that the dose is so much higher than oral. Most people would probably be fairly put off by the taste as well but the ensuing experience surely makes it worth it in my book! To bad my supply is only a couple hundred mgs now due to me vaping it so much. It's really surprising as well how vaping changes the effects versus oral administration. Was really fun vaping I on other psyches as well.

Hmmm, been a while since I read the TIHKAL entry. I don't think I quite realized it was that potent orally. I also don't think I realized Shulgin lists up to 20mg for a smoked dosage! I have never gone over 10mg, it's quite active for me at that level. I now feel like I don't really know the material at all!

I love this quote from TIHKAL...
They [5-MeO-DMT and 5-MeO-MiPT] are "unique and similar" and together they appear to be quite different from the rest of the pack. Nope, that is just not so! They are totally different from one another.

All you need to do, to see that clearly, is to look at that one additional observation involving oral activity. This drug, 5-MeO-MIPT, is several times more potent when taken orally than it is when smoked. 5-MeO-DMT is much less active orally than when it is smoked. As a matter of fact, it is not active at all when taken orally. No active oral level has ever been found. What a rich area for speculation. Preferential metabolism? First pass goings-on? Chemical change from pyrolysis in the pipe? Different receptors? Lipophilicity? I am reminded of the quote from Mark Twain; "I like science because it gives one such a wholesome return of conjecture from such a trifling investment of fact."

Last edited:
Where did you gleam that information about 5-MeO-DMT's oral activity? Johnathan Ott claims it's orally active without an MAOI and many have claimed its definetly active with one, though uncomfortable.

I agree though that 10mgs is plenty though on occasion it's fun to shot it up to 15 or 20. If you enjoy combo's, you should try vaping 5-10mgs whilst already tripping.

Where did you gleam that information about 5-MeO-DMT's oral activity? Johnathan Ott claims it's orally active without an MAOI and many have claimed its definetly active with one, though uncomfortable.

As I said....'from TIHKAL' that was Shulgin's word. It was written before that Ott report...although I read of psychonauts not being able to replicate Ott's experience. Jury is still out, and for some reason I never tried. One day.

Fixed the formatting to better reflect that. :)

I agree though that 10mgs is plenty though on occasion it's fun to shot it up to 15 or 20. If you enjoy combo's, you should try vaping 5-10mgs whilst already tripping.

Agree, very nice....only one nicer (alone, or in combo) was 5-MeO-MET. I didn't try it till years after I obtained it and wish to heck I knew how good it was and got more than the few hundred mg I went through. That was GORGEOUS stuff.

Ha, didn't realize you were relating certain parts from the actual entry as it's been years since I've read TiHKaL since an asshat decided to steal it from me. I would have to hazard a guess though that oral activity might be a bit hard to place since, in my experiences at least 5-MeO-DMT doesn't have the same psychedelic flavor as say plain DMT or other psyches. It certainly has the mindset but not the visual component and such. So maybe it's possibly harder to discern its psychedelic traits until a much higher dose is taken orally or maybe it is fucked with metabolically. Either way I'd imagine it would still be active with an MAOI but who knows really except those that have braved the waters themselves?

Lucky you! 5-MeO-MET has been on my list for sometime now, to bad you didn't try it orally though as that would be interesting.

More people really should try vaped 5-MeO-MiPT, it's such a fun time! I suggested it in the B&D back when I began doing so and I think a couple of users tried it but it's such a diverse experience compared to oral admin that it's really to bad it's not more poplar! Do people vape 5-MeO-DiPT? Would be interesting to see how that would work out if so.