• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 5-MeO-MiPT vs. 5-MeO-DiPT

I think the only reason 5-MeO-DIPT was one of the first "common" *IHKAL chemicals is that Shulgin said it was good for sex.

^^I could not disagree more with his comments on its aphrodesiac qualities; its hard to have sex if you cant get off the can or stop vomiting...

I haven't ever had gastric problems at all from it, nor vomiting. But I found the trip unimpressive, along with a worrisome stimulation that primarily affected my heart rate. And by affected I mean it sped it up until I could feel it thudding... it made me feel a bit weak. I did not like that feeling... as if I could have a heart attack or something.

5-MeO-MiPT is not even comparable in my book, except that neither one is a full-on ego smasher.

I actually threw away some of my 5-MeO-MiPT. It wasn't bad stuff, I guess, but I simply didn't feel like doing it again (ever). I had some nasty experiences with it. But in retrospect, I think it was just a bad time for me to do any psychedelics.
I can't really compare it to 5-MeO-DiPT, because I took that drug in large amounts (over 20 mgs), but I only took the MiPT in small amounts (a couple of mgs orally, more by smoking). I "liked" DiPT because it produced powerful hallucinatory effects, but neither drug really worked ideally for me. I do think that the MiPT is more like MDMA, but mostly because it's quite subtle and not as "intrusive" as the DiPT. If I had to take one of the drugs now, I'd probably take the MiPT simply because it seems to be more comfortable.

egor said:
The actual trip itsself from foxy just isnt really worthwhile; and that coupled with body issues makes it a poor tryptamine, at least in my opinion...

I don't get body issues, and I find it useful, oh well I just wish people wouldn't treat it as a shit drug, now legal highs, thats shit ... but foxy? :(

egor said:
^^I could not disagree more with his comments on its aphrodesiac qualities; its hard to have sex if you cant get off the can or stop vomiting...

Well sux to be you, I don't have those problems at even 30 mg :) The tip is learn to deal with this shit, I've been around the block alot, this negative feelings are pretty weak to me.

I've had 5-MeO-DiPT twice now, and I'm about to give it just one more go, to test it a last time. But after that it's unlikely that I will ever take it again (barring just a couple of specific exceptions). It's not impressive enough on its own for me. I don't dislike it and I would never actively discourage someone against it- I can see how it's enjoyable for some people- it's just not my thing. (Although I will say this- if you time it right when you're foxyflipping, the sex is absolutely amazing.)

I did Moxy a couple weeks ago.

It was sold as MDMA, but thanks to pill reports, we knew before we took it.

But I researched Moxy (5-meo-mipt), and thought it to be as a more moldable acid trip or shroom trip. Which turned out to be correct.

What I mean is, you feel trippy albeit calm. I had no anxiety, no fear, but rather - wonder and thought of things. Yes, there were plenty of visual distortions, most of which were relatively entertaining and pleasing.

Was in a Vegas night club with a good friend (LAX at Luxor) dancing to a mash up DJ. Trance/house would have been much better...had a great time sensing the room full of peoples emotions while dancing, and figuring out my deepest thoughts of people and myself. Easy to get lost, but not difficult to come back to yourself.

In fact, at times...my thoughts were almost that of a sober person! Was comforting. I could then dive back into the pool again shortly there after!

All in all it lasted about 6-8 hours completely. Some auditory hallucinations/slight sound changes, but not much - mainly a visual/body high; however, a colorful visual sight with a peaceful body high.

Only took 1.5 or 2 pills of it though. A higher dosage might be more intense or difficult.

At only a half pill it is very calming and chill.

Anyway, it was a very memorable experience, more positive than shrooms.

Can someone elaborate on the toxicity of 5-meo-mipt?

I've read a scientific report somewhere about 5-meo-dipt causing some adverse effect, which I don't remember the name of, in a 20-something male who had taken 20-something milligrams. It had to do with muscles collapsing.

Does anyone know of adverse, dangerous, long-lasting effects of 5-meo-mipt? I've taken it 3 times and haven't noticed any persisting effects (except for the mental) and I haven't read of anyone having any. But it would be nice to have some more information.

Xorkoth?

I don't have any citations or anything, but to me 5-MeO-MiPT feels much safer and less toxic than 5-MeO-DiPT. The 5-MeO-DiPT makes my heart race and gives me a weird bodyload. 5-MeO-MiPT feels very transparent, like it barely affects my body and mostly just affects my mind and mood. I find the two chemicals to feel very dissimilar... I don't really consider them related in effects. Their chemistry would make it seem that they'd work in similar ways but I'm not so sure they do.

I have taken it 1 to 2 dozen times probably in my life, and I've never noticed anything lasting at all. The only aftereffects I ever notice are a balancing of my energy and a lasting positive mindset.

I tried 5-MeO-DiPT once a long time ago and wouldn't care to repeat it. The gut-related side effects were not too horrible for me (a little nausea, the worst peripheral side was the jaw tension), it just didn't engender a particularly useful trip compared to other psychedelics. Dare I say it was almost bland--kind of fun with good music, but none of the depth of psilocin or the glorious affirmation of life inherent to LSD. Maybe it's one of those "couples/relationship" compounds like MDMA that I just don't have any use for.

All the interesting reports about 5-MeO-MiPT make me want to try it, however. I really love 5-MeO-DMT, so if this is similar, I can see benefiting from it.

Last edited:
Is 5-methoxy MiPT as bad on the guts as it's DiPT counterpart (ie hideosly disrupting in my case)? Just wondering as nigh on every 5-methoxy trryptamine I've had gave me gastric distress in one form or another, other than the DALT version, but that was hardly worth having it was so 'npthing'

Xorkoth said:
I don't have any citations or anything, but to me 5-MeO-MiPT feels much safer and less toxic than 5-MeO-DiPT. The 5-MeO-DiPT makes my heart race and gives me a weird bodyload. 5-MeO-MiPT feels very transparent, like it barely affects my body and mostly just affects my mind and mood. I find the two chemicals to feel very dissimilar... I don't really consider them related in effects. Their chemistry would make it seem that they'd work in similar ways but I'm not so sure they do.

I have taken it 1 to 2 dozen times probably in my life, and I've never noticed anything lasting at all. The only aftereffects I ever notice are a balancing of my energy and a lasting positive mindset.

Well, I haven't tried 5-meo-dipt but 5-meo-mipt gives a mild body buzz and slight heart race.

I can't wait to try it again. It's visually interesting and unique. Audio distortions for even more BANG.

fastandbulbous said:
Is 5-methoxy MiPT as bad on the guts as it's DiPT counterpart (ie hideosly disrupting in my case)? Just wondering as nigh on every 5-methoxy trryptamine I've had gave me gastric distress in one form or another, other than the DALT version, but that was hardly worth having it was so 'npthing'

I have never had any sort of distress from 5-MeO-MiPT, whereas with 5-MeO-DiPT I get some minor gastric disturbances. To me the two do not really even feel related... they're totally different drugs.

Mjall, 5-MeO-MiPT gives you audio distortions? That is most interesting... the -DiPT class tend to do that but I have never heard of an -MiPT drug of any kind doing so. Do you mean changes in pitch type of distortions or hearing things that weren't there? Have you tried DiPT or any other -DiPT drug?

Xorkoth said:
I have never had any sort of distress from 5-MeO-MiPT, whereas with 5-MeO-DiPT I get some minor gastric disturbances. To me the two do not really even feel related... they're totally different drugs.

Mjall, 5-MeO-MiPT gives you audio distortions? That is most interesting... the -DiPT class tend to do that but I have never heard of an -MiPT drug of any kind doing so. Do you mean changes in pitch type of distortions or hearing things that weren't there? Have you tried DiPT or any other -DiPT drug?

Audio distortions were similar to those produced by LSD or HBW. Music sounded infinitely more complex, and everything would sprinkle and sparkle. I'm not sure if that's really distortion. Music would sound slower and more mellow than it does when I'm sober. More friendly as well. Musical synesthesia very noticable. 5-meo-mipt appears to affect perception of sound much in the same way it affects visual perception, IMO. Everything looks/sounds VERY important, mellow and floaty, and your appreciation of the beauty increases dramatically. In the visual department, it has some real distortion as well, not sure about audio. But that doesn't matter really much to me. It makes listening to music a pure bliss.

I've tried DiPT, which I would describe as different in that it causes actual audio distortions, but not so much change in the... Processing? Of the signal. It will sound a bit more entertaining and impacting, but mostly just distorted. Almost - but not excactly - like hearing the music go through an effect box before reaching the ear.

I find psychedelics in general, but specifically moxy/5-MeO-MiPT, to be best experienced outdoors, and (of course) in a safe, friendly environment.

The bad trips (or, more accurately, bad patches within good trips) I've witnessed people have on moxy, have always occured very shortly after entering a building after having been outside, appreciating nature. Obviously, this could be mere coincidence. It's happened only three times, and never to me personally.

I've never tried foxy methoxy/5-MeO-DiPT, but I've heard bad things about the bodyload. I think that in the category of more mild, largely non-visual psychedelics, moxy is fantastic for it's euphoric and introspective qualities.

Peacelove,
Aldousage