• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-DIPT and AMT up for scheduling

Originally posted by yahazim:
And if we keep talking about how legal 5-MeO[-DMT] is it just might end up scheduled even sooner.

Who said this? I for one consider all of the "RCs" illegal owing to the analogue law.

Originally posted by morninggloryseed:

Who said this? I for one consider all of the "RCs" illegal owing to the analogue law.

Who said this? One of the more known RC experimentator in US(?), heheheh :)

5-meo-dmt is clearly a structural analog of dmt and is thus illegal under the analog act. With 5-meo-dipt however, it's structure is not very close to any currently banned tryptamine, and this is a weaker case under the analog act. Is suspect that is the reason they moved to schedule 5-meo-dipt.

Don't let this get you down guys, the cognitive terrorists may have violated us again and taken our 5-MeO-DPT and AMT, but they'll never get our Bananadrine, I won't let them...

Maybe you should get a real job and actually be of some benifit to mankind at large.
[ 02 February 2003: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

That's a good thing.
I've been telling people, AMT ain't no good, it really fucking isn't. You can feel it, that drug/chemical is nothing but a big mind/body fuck up waiting to happen. No one should have ever been allowed to eat them shits.

^^^^^^^^^
Don't worry. You are not missing much. There is NOTHING 5-MeO-DiPT can do that other psychedelics can't do better. It is a mediocore psychedelic at best.

I'm really not trying to start a debate over which drugs are good or not. I realize there are different strokes for different folks.
I'll be the first to admit that all psychedelics have their own special and unique feel to them. Having said that though, what does 5-MeO-DiPT to for you that is so special that other psychedelics can not do (better)?
While I found it largely free of side effects (and I seem to be in the minority here), the lack of interesting and deep insights, crappy visuals, and nasty bodyload make it prettty poor choice of a psychedelic for me. What is it that you like about it so much?
Having spoken to perhaps 20 or more 5-MeO-DiPT users, I found that the majority of those who claimed to actually like the substance later admitted to me that they used it mostly as a substitute psychedelic because they could not get mushrooms or LSD. Few of those had also tried some of the other synthetic tryptamines such as DPT and 4-AcO-DET. With few execptions, I doubt anyone who has had a powerful DPT or 4-AcO-DET trip would ever claim a 5-MeO-DiPT trip stands up to those.
So it seems to me that most 5-MeO-DIPT fans really just can't get better drugs, hence why they 'like' it so much. I mean it does work if you really want to trip. Just not very well if you ask me.

When I tried 6 mg of 5-MeO-DiPT (orally) with my best friend, we did have a great evening. We spent the night socializing and even had some deep and meaningful conversations. But after 4 hr or so, the bodyload crept up and I got very uncomfortable. I ended up having to take valium to relax...something I hate doing (I'm no benzo fan). All in all a great night, but nothing happened for me with that drug that a low dose of mushrooms or 4-AcO-DET could not do. And those two materials produce NO body load for me, or anything uncomfortable really. I'd rather just stick with those.
As for 5-MeO-DiPT's 'sex enhancing properties', I truly believe it is all hype. ALL psychedelics are sex enhancers (at the right dosage) and I have made love on every one I've tried I think. They were ALL incredible. I saw nothing special about 5-MeO-DiPT that made it stand out from the rest as far as being a good sex drug. In fact, the bodyload made it a bit more difficult in the end.
Again, I'm not trying to convince you that it is a bad drug. Just participating in some intelligent discussion. :)
Glad there are folks here I can do that with.

Originally posted by gloggawogga:
5-meo-dmt is clearly a structural analog of dmt and is thus illegal under the analog act. With 5-meo-dipt however, it's structure is not very close to any currently banned tryptamine.
5-MeO-DMT isn't any more of an analogue of DMT than 5-MeO-DiPT is. A methoxy group is a major change.
2C-I and 2C-B are true analogues because the only difference is one has bromine at the 4, and one has iodine at the 4. Other than that, they are the same structures.
But as far as adding completely new molecular groups to the structure (in this case, the methoxy group at the 5 on 5-MeO-DMT) it is no longer an analogue but a completely new structure. The DEA is fucked with their meaning of analogue.

From what I hear, foxy opens your senses without giving you the euphoria that accompanies ecstasy use. So on foxy you will notice more from what you touch, taste, smell, hear, see. Normally, your brain seems to screen out a lot of stimulus. Foxy takes the screen down, so you notice a lot more. Like how your tongue feels in your mouth, how your teeth taste, how your shirt feels rubbing against your chest, etc.
In a hectic environment, this is BAD. Too much stimulus can be overwhelming, disturbing, unpleasant. However, in the right environment, it can be as good as rolling. My friend did this at a strip club, and the lap dances felt as good as if he were rolling. On another occasion, he did this at a concert and when everyone was cheering at the end, it was like the cheers were a cloud that lifted his mood up and up and up until he was in a state of amazing and pure contentment and joy that was as good as the euphoria you get from rolling except that his mind was completely clear not like the stupidity that accompanies rolling. Also, foxy lets you do light shows significantly BETTER than rolling. Faster, better coordination, better pattern perception.
So, anyway, foxy is very dose and setting dependent. But if done right, it is as amazing as ecstasy.
I've also heard that, with the right doses and timing, taking foxy and e can make you super-roll harder than you ever thought possible. But please note that this combo may be dangerous, both physically and psychologically, and having been involved in one trainwreck with this combo I guess I would not recommend it unless you keep the foxy dose very small, like 6 mg, and do it early in the evening like before or with your e, so you are not peaking on the foxy when your roll fades.
Anyway, those who think foxy is one of the less useful, less enjoyable, less interesting RC's...well, I suppose to each his own, but personally I think you just have not done it in the right setting and dose.
~psychoblast~

^^^^^^^^^
What would you say the right settings and dosages are? I've had it three times.....11 mg with my g/friend alone in the house, 6 mg while sitting in a park with my best friend, and 8 mg at a Bob Dylan concert. So what did I do wrong? I still didn't like it.
MGS's 5-MeO-DiPT experiences

well, I've done foxy twice now, once 5mg intranasally (I was rolling, it was offered, yes, it hurt :( ) brought me totally to a new peak and even produced some nice flickering pattern oev's along with some great cev's
and last night, i really got a chance to try this substance. I consumed 20 milligrams orally. It was actually a very powerful psychedelic at this point...wonderful tryptamine patterning oev's reminiscent of mushrooms (intense, even), a good body high/load (felt like the energies of the universe were being directed through my skull, good and bad at different times, but usually good until it waz accompanied by a nausea (taco bell anyone?)), my friend (also on the same dosage) sat in his parked car and laughed like we hadnt in years for a good few hours, followed by a smooth comedown....so in light of this, i urge any of those who were disappointed with this substance at low dosages to try a higher dosage, just for shits an giggles.....just a thought, i know i didnt like mushrooms THAT much until i ate enough to get past only having a body high....
either way, shulgin baby's, rest in peace

The bodyload I got from 11 mg was TERRIBLE. I would never go any higher than that. If I am missing something from real high dosages, oh well. I have plenty of other quality psychedelics available to me I can chose from.

BTW, I don't consider 11 mg a low dose, at least for me. It produced a full +3 experience that left me floored. There was nothing mild about that experience. I would not want it any more intense.

5-MeO-DMT isn't any more of an analogue of DMT than 5-MeO-DiPT is. A methoxy group is a major change.

Sure... however according to the DEA 5-MeO-DMT is prosecutable as a DMT analogue so...
As long as it's vaguely similar and you're using it to get high i guess that's all they need to bust ppl.

As far as structure goes, A methoxy group is not that much of a "major change". And 5-MeO-DMT is also just bufotenine with a single methyl group added. 5-MeO-DiPT is bufotenine with five methyl groups added.
2C-I and 2C-B are true analogues because the only difference is one has bromine at the 4, and one has iodine at the 4. Other than that, they are the same structures.

And so the DEA doesn't need to schedule 2c-i.

But as far as adding completely new molecular groups to the structure (in this case, the methoxy group at the 5 on 5-MeO-DMT) it is no longer an analogue but a completely new structure. The DEA is fucked with their meaning of analogue.

The meaning of analogue is entirely subject to interpretation. Adding a single methyl group is a much better case for being an analogue than adding five methyl groups.
[ 03 February 2003: Message edited by: gloggawogga ]