Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4HO-McPT - 1st time 43mg insufflated - "A lovely amicable compound"

Sir Ron Pib

Bluelighter
Sat at the table I weighed out the 4Hydroxy-N,N-MethylCyclopropyltryptamine (4HO-McPT) totalling 43mg then tipped it out onto the clean plasticised cover of an Aldous Huxley book and fashioned it into a strike of off-white goodness and coiled a piece of white paper into a neat tube, then without further to do insufflated the entire line into my right nostril to no immediate discomfort.

There is some near instantaneous effect; there had been some speculative lay fantasy as to MAOI properties or other harmful properties of the compound which had ranged in my opinion from unfounded to plain unlikely, so I wasn’t concerned anyhow, but as soon as it was starting to jangle its way into my brain I had a strong feeling it was going to be a good and kind compound.

The effects hasten and admittedly the inner workings of my nose feel smitten. The body feels very calm and safe. A ripple rolls across the ceiling and the book shelves undulate, lines clean and colours vibrant like a selection of art supplies.

A pile of bubble wrap in the peripheral of my vision jumps into animated life and looking at the table I am aware of the pine door bulging towards me as if inflating. I am struck with a juxtaposition of pain in my face and a cool serenity. With eyes closed I feel the compound has some possibility for producing ego loss – the burning face is there but at some distance and there is the repeating motif of if not a triskelion then some Celtic knot in magenta.

By about 20 minutes in the pain – which in fairness wasn’t unbearable - was in remission and the visuals, though not wild, were perhaps increased. As for bodyload, there was none whatsoever and no concerns; I had to draw my attention to it due to lack of impact.

I moved to the other room and all our animals came to me for petting and then at 45 minutes when I felt the effects were easing off I curled up on the couch in the spare room and went into a mild closed eye drift. I remember some vague image of a Chinese sage but mostly a fairly bank canvas with some reflection on various topics. Occasionally I would open my eyes and note some drift in shapes about the rooms like the draped materials on the chair or picture frames and think ‘oh I’m still going’, so light was the bodily feel.

Another half hour and the effects are nearly gone and I would guess the total effects to total baseline barely over 2 hours by this route, although at this point I challenged relative sobriety with a dose of 5MeO-DMT; possibly my strongest experience yet, but which still defies any sort of attempt at analysis or creative description beyond simply being a jump into hyperspace.

At any rate I was quite impressed with 4HO-McPT which looks an amicable natured and pleasing compound. The level was a decent but not overly strong introduction, I would happily go higher were the opportunity to arise and think it would offer considerable reward for the venture.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4homcpt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the great report, Sir Ron Pib! :)

Sounds nice indeed... 8)

Kinda sucks that it burns when insufflated, how badly if you can compare to, let's say, 4-HO-DPT?

And what particular Huxley's book was used if you don't mind me asking? :)

To me 4-HO-DPT literally didn't burn at all... it just coated my nasal passages for a while until it absorbed which felt weird.

Thanks for the report, it's probably the report I've read so far that describes the best effects from it.

Thank you for the great report, Sir Ron Pib! :)

Sounds nice indeed... 8)

Kinda sucks that it burns when insufflated, how badly if you can compare to, let's say, 4-HO-DPT?

And what particular Huxley's book was used if you don't mind me asking? :)

Nothing very relevant I'm afraid, a 1956 copy of On the Margin: Notes and essays.
As to the other question I haven't snorted 4HO-DPT and am amazed if it doesn't burn, DPT sure as hell burns awful and so does 5MeO-DMT and 2C-B. Snorted other things but don't think I have snorted any other serotonergic psychedelics just because it's always bloody hurt and most times there are other options but on this occassion though it probably would hurt but knew it would work so just racked it no regrets, mostly it wasn't too distracting - perhaps for the novelty it added some piquancy on this occasion : )

...a 1956 copy of On the Margin: Notes and essays.

I enjoy Huxley's works a lot and don't have this one in collection, although read some of the stuff from it, apparently it's getting pretty rare and expensive now!

Back to 4-HO-McPT: I'm torn now between getting 4-HO-EPT and 4-HO-McPT on the next order, perhaps both?..8)

Xorkoth, I guess I have sensitive nostrils to tryptamines :?

Great and informative report, thanks much for sharing it. :D It looks like the insufflation route isn't that much more potent than oral, but you definitely still describe more visual activity than I readily had at 50 mg oral.... I felt that slight potential for ego loss even on my 25 mg trip, there's something real there. I can't wait to push a little further. :)

I've still got 75 mg planned as my next psychedelic trip, I just haven't had the time for it yet.... I think this week is going to go to a dissociative trip instead too. Soon though, maybe next week if I can swing it....

It's beginning to look like this material isn't going to be an arse kicker, but still might prove quite nice situationally - thanks for the report!