View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

400mg Diphenhydramine - 2nd time - feeling very strange

CrashxxBurn

Greenlighter
My vision is going in and out. It's next to impossible to concentrate on one thing for more than a few seconds. It's difficult to read the words in front of me because everything is blurred and going in slow motion. There's an odd sensation at the back of my throat (I have to keep swallowing even though there's nothing to swallow), and I'm definitely experiencing the infamous dry mouth. I took only 200mg last time and found it to be very soothing. I slept brilliantly and woke up feeling refreshed. This time I'm kind of worried, but it really might be nothing. I'm new to using Benadryl and pills in general. I haven't had any hallucinations or "shadow people." I'm struggling to stay awake. Reality is sort of skewed and I can't seem to get it balanced. Personally, I enjoy the sedative nature of Benadryl. I don't care much for this, though. Maybe 400mg is too much for me, or maybe I'm just being a wimp and worrying about nothing. I weigh approx. 220lbs, so I thought 400mg would be nothing. Does anyone think I have a legitimate reason to worry? Or am I just being paranoid?

You are high and have all the symptoms of taking a high dose of an anticholinergenic drug. You took it and it's doing it's thing. Chill out and maybe just sleep it off if you aren't enjoying it. Consider using other psychedelics, because Benadryl doesn't hold a candle to them so you'll be impressed. If you like sedation and psychedelia, try mushrooms!

Thanks Bluuberry

I ended up freaking out and calling the Poison Control Center hotline, but I've gotten a grip on myself now. I was advised to go to the ER, but my situation doesn't seem that dire at all. I've read a lot on here about people taking WAY more than 400mg, and they weighed less than I do. So, I have to conclude that I was just being paranoid. However, I probably won't ever take a dose this high again. I don't like feeling so worried and I'm afraid of liver damage. I'll stick with DXM from now on.