• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 4-MMC, 3-MMC - very inconsistent experiences

sludgekatana

Greenlighter
EDIT: Pretty certain my first batch was not any kind of methylmethcathinone after all, but potentially alpha-PVP or alpha-PHP. See post below for details, but the dosage was totally inconsistent with any X-MMC compound

I've acquired 5 different batches of 3-MMC and 4-MMC, and every single time I and others I've shared with have a notably different experience. I have my suspicions as to why, but I'm hoping someone here can give me some insight or at least comiserate. Here are my experiences, as I can remember them, by batch. All different sellers, I'm pretty sure
  • First batch, sold as 3-MMC: (the superior batch)
    • Entactogenic effects were very strong, dosage was 100 - 150mg, peak duration 2-3 hours, comedown gentle, lasting about 5 hours.
    • Euphoria was incredibly intense.
    • At one point I dosed a little too high by accident and actually had visuals - very similar to what I've experienced on MDMA: subtle crystalline texture on the borders of objects.
    • Two friends of mine tried this stuff and agreed it was incredibly good. Insanely addictive, too. I couldn't stop thinking about the stuff until it was all gone.
    • Yellow color, stinky. The smell is very distinctive. This batch smelled so loud that everything in my drug box got the same smell, I really hated it
  • Second batch, sold as 4-MMC:
    • Similar to first batch but just less intense on every mark. This contradicts what I've read from other people's experiences.
    • One friend from first batch agreed this is less intense - higher dose needed for same effect, less euphoria / entactogenic effect, shorter duration
    • Same yellow color and stink, though somewhat less intense
  • Third batch, sold as 3-MMC:
    • This batch was highly suspect because it was completely white in color, and completely lacked the smell. However, I now question how indicative this is of anything
    • Tested positive using amphetamine test strip
    • Euphoric effects much lower, much less entactogenic, not great. Every single batch I've had after this one has been about the same
    • Both friends from first two batches tried this as well, agreeing it was really lackin
  • Fourth batch, sold as 3-MMC:
    • Basically the same as third batch, but I sent this one to drugsdata.org. Test results show that it is indeed methylmethcathinone, but as stated on the page they cant identify the actual isomer
    • White in color, but the smell is preset, although weak
  • Fifth batch, sold as 4-MMC:
    • Shortest duration out of all 5, the peak is a ridiculously short 30-45 minutes. Onset is also bizarrely fast, like 20 minutes, no matter the dose.
    • Plus side is the comedown is as gentle as falling snow, it's really nice
    • Came originally as a horrifically smelly disgusting orange/brown slightly moist powder. When I first took it orally it burned the back of my mouth a bit and gave me stomach issues.
    • I decided to try to purify it a bit, not really knowing what I was doing, which had some interesting results:
      • First dissolving in hot water, then heating until all excess water evaporated. The vapors released by this process were horrible, burning my eyes and throat. I had to stick the thing right next to my window to avoid the awful sensation.
      • Chunky white crystals started to form within an hour, and within a couple days the whole beaker was a mass of pure white crystal with a little bath of liquid sitting on top, which I discarded.
      • I dried it all out with some gentle heat, eventually getting it into a nice slightly off-white powder.
      • I dissolved this back into some water, which eventually separated into a very clear golden liquid with some brownish gunk resting on the bottom of the bottle.
      • I discarded the gunk and am now left with a very clear golden liquid
    • The purified(?) liquid is a light golden color, stable (not forming crystals), has that distinctive smell but only weakly, and has no bad stomach effects, and goes down very easy - no burning sensation at all even when placing on my tongue directly. Through this process I think I lost like 30%
My theory is that the first batch was the real deal, either legit 3-MMC or 4-MMC, and the others are all a different isomer. Batch 3 may have been cut, but batch 4 was definitely pure. I'd really like to know what other users of these drugs have experienced in terms of consistency, and any other theories as to why they're so inconsistent.

Last edited:
Thank you for the well formatted detailed experience.

I just got finished doing intensive research on where to buy products because I’ve been buying Syns from my street dealer. Fortunately the stuff was legit.

Took me forever to find out what I was actually taking because I didn’t know a place to send it to.
Thought for sure it was A-PVP because of how addicting it was but had my doubts because I remember how short lived the good effects were.

I thought maybe a variant A-phip/php.

News article came out the guy got arrested for trafficking MDPV and fetty. On-site test was done to confirm the chemical compound.

So turns out for the 2 months I’ve been highly addicted to Mdpv. Where he got it from? Couldn’t tell ya. All I know is my last dose will be sometime tomorrow morning then I will have to withdrawal and lose tolerance, which will be incredibly hard considering the times I tried before.

I’ve only started recently practicing harm reduction due to the severe drug induced anxiety it’s caused me and life threatening health issues I’ve had in the past.

Personally I think your first batch may have been mephedrone instead of 3-mmc

Wish my luck in my withdrawal journey it will be hell

Thank you for the well formatted detailed experience.

I just got finished doing intensive research on where to buy products because I’ve been buying Syns from my street dealer. Fortunately the stuff was legit.

Took me forever to find out what I was actually taking because I didn’t know a place to send it to.
Thought for sure it was A-PVP because of how addicting it was but had my doubts because I remember how short lived the good effects were.

I thought maybe a variant A-phip/php.

News article came out the guy got arrested for trafficking MDPV and fetty. On-site test was done to confirm the chemical compound.

So turns out for the 2 months I’ve been highly addicted to Mdpv. Where he got it from? Couldn’t tell ya. All I know is my last dose will be sometime tomorrow morning then I will have to withdrawal and lose tolerance, which will be incredibly hard considering the times I tried before.

I’ve only started recently practicing harm reduction due to the severe drug induced anxiety it’s caused me and life threatening health issues I’ve had in the past.

Personally I think your first batch may have been mephedrone instead of 3-mmc

Wish my luck in my withdrawal journey it will be hell
Sorry to hear that, that's rough.

You mentioning alpha-PVP reminds me that I did actually discover some notes I took back from that first batch of "3-MMC". My note clearly says my doseage was only 15mg, redosed with another 15mg, with a substantial effect. So actually I don't think it was 4-MMC either, it has to be one of these compounds with higher potency like alpha-PVP and alpha-PHP. The extreme hornyness and very strong compulsive redosing are clues as well. It could've also been MDPV, but I'm fairly sure the duration was not as long as MDPV is supposed to have. MDPV is also supposed to "only have mild entactogenic qualities" (your experience?) but those effects were very strong with this drug.

Have I been chasing after the wrong compound this whole time? This would also make sense given that I know for a fact one of the compounds I tried was some kind of X-methylmethcathinone.

Only thing to do now is test the theory and actually just try to get some alpha-PVP lol

Hey @sludgekatana , it all depends on the experience you are trying to have.

Meth/coke/x…ect list goes on.

My experience? Mdpv sucks, it’s euphoric at medium doses for a short period 20-50 minutes

Entactogenic, hardly. More like coke and 50% d-meth mixed into one. Compulsive redosing and overdosing is an issue due to the short live euphoria and long lasting high (3-4 hours) peaks at around 20 minutes orally.

If you want entactogenic I would suggest giving Mephedrone another shot find a good vendor like the first batch you had. I could be wrong but I think it’s the closest you’ll get to methylon or mdma effects.

Don’t go looking for A-PVP that stuff is straight garbage. Short lived bullshit that makes you want to redose every 5 minutes it’s like crack on meth. Except you’ll destroy your body go into psychosis and end up in the pyschward (personal experience). Not to mention EXPENSIVE. No way you’ll want to pay for it.

Anyways I just ordered some 4-MMC so I hope it’s good. I wish you luck on your journey send me a message if you have any more questions. Us new blue comers need to keep community strong and grow with the elders.

Hope you stay away from the flakka

it all depends on the experience you are trying to have.
I'm just trying to have the experience I had from my first batch of "3-MMC". There are two possibilities:
  1. The dose I wrote was correct, so it couldn't have been x-MMC. It seems at least possible A-PVP could have been involved given the dose is very similar. The addictiveness and high degree of compulsive redosing seems to indicate this. I also remember the comedown being gentle, but it was a while ago.
  2. The dose I wrote was incorrect. In this case it was probably just 4-MMC, meaning I haven't actually had 4-MMC since then. My skepticism here is because I have had real x-MMC of some kind and it was noticeably inferior in my opinion and the opinion of my two friends.
If you or anyone else has some idea what else my first batch could've been besides A-PVP, A-PHP, or MDPV, I'd love to know, because I had some genuinely special and memorable experiences with that stuff, like nothing I've had since.

You're very right though, A-PVP seems to be expensive and hard to obtain. So, probably unlikely to get to try some any time soon. It also seems strange (maybe someone can comment on this) that it would be used to cut or replace 3-MMC if it's more rare, so maybe that's more evidence that my dosage note was wrong after all, and that I just need to get some real 4-MMC.

Also on a completely different note I'm starting to wonder if the latest batch I have is 3-CMC or similar... less potent, worse euphoria, short duration, bad peripheral effects at high doses...
Plus I just found out 3-CMC is directly neurotoxic. So glad I bought 10 grams. :|
It could also be Ethylcathinone... that would match better with the super low potency (I've taken like 400mg with low tolerance) really wish I'd saved some powder to send to drugsdata.