Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

4-methylaminorex, reagent indications.

ld50 vs ssri

Bluelighter
4-methylaminorex, reagent indications?

Anyone tested "known" 4-methylaminorex with all of the reagents before? If so, what colour indication was present at the time of change?

I believe it is a clear reaction under the marquis reagent. Anyone ever seen a difference in colour reaction?

Im especially interested in reactions with simons, robadope and mecke if anyone could help, as i like most others would not know if we have 4-methylaminorex unless synthesised yourself or a gc/ms sample is present.

Thanks.

Last edited:
About a month ago I was shown what was supposedly 4-MAR . If it's still around, and is what it's supposed to be, I'll ask if tests can be done.

Interesting to see 4-MAR is around. AFAIK its reeeally hard to get in oz

although i seriously doubt it, there is always a chance the two recent ice busts were decoys... only time will tell!

perth was flooded with 4-mar for the first half of this year - until the massive suva(fiji) lab was shutdown in june.

alexkid: Who said it was 4-methylaminorex?
Can you suport this with any evidence?

Did any liturature regarding the lab that was shutdown sugest it was making 4-methylaminorex instead of methylamphetamine.

perth was flooded with 4-mar for the first half of this year - until the massive suva(fiji) lab was shutdown in june.
This was crystal methamphetamine. The Commissioner of the Federal Police said so. Don't you think if it was an extremely rare "designer drug" the media would have seized on this fact and gone on and on about it. 4-MAR would be so much more salacious. (sp?)

The structure of 4-MAR is:
4_methylaminorex_2d.gif

The part with the N on the right is a primary amine - therefore robadope should react positively.

However the N in the middle is not a primary or secondary amine - it is a TERTIARY amine.

The difficulty is that I am not sure it will be a tertiary when it exists as the acidified salt. Perhaps Phase_dancer can shed some light.

It may be that tertiary and secondary amines react identically to Simons and therefore the point is moot - it will react to Simons.

If that is the case, this is about the only illicit you are likely to come across that would react to both amine tests, because it has two different amine groups! (NOTE: I am not sure if the presence of two amine groups completely interferes with Simons/Robadope tests, but that is another possibility.)

Again, as I have said many times, unless someone produces a substance with significant stimulant effects, that looks like "ice", and that fails to turn orange with marquis, I will not believe they have 4-MAR.

However, whilst it might seem unfair to others, if P_D says it is around, it is time for everyone's ears to prick up - however P_D would agree that until some test results are undertaken it still cannot be confirmed.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for all the input guys, I do not have any 4-methylaminorex or crystal methamphetamine, i was just curious to update my knowledge on reagent indications of different substances that i did not allready know. Cheers

4-MAR fizzes as it reacts with the reagent (Edit; Marquis - sorry wazza) and releases a small amount of gas. There is no colour change (solution remains clear).

I think you will find that 4-MAR is more common than some might think.

Over the past three months I have come into contact with (what I believe to be) 4-MAR on 5 occations (I am not much of speed user so this is pretty exeptional). On three of those occations I can confirm that the substance had a strong, long lasting amphetamine like effect, tested clear with bubbles under marquis and had a crystal structure of either Prismatic Tetragonal or Prismatic Triclinic with blunt uneven fracture lines (It was difficult to determine exact crystal structure... the largest crystals was still quite small). The crystals were a translucent white in colour.

:)

Last edited:
josh_nexus: Facinating! I never suspected it was around much in Australia but Im more than happy to hear reports of it. Wich would you choose if offered known methamphetamine and the 4-mar you have seen? Im curious to know how the subjective effects compare.
You wouldn't be able to photograph some and its reaction to reagents if you come across it again would you?
Its been a long standing debate around these parts as to how this drug reacts and if its around Australia. A documented case of this would be awsome!

Thanks for that josh_nexus, I would be more then interested to see if anyone can get data on primary and secondary reagent results. The fact that the molecule structure hosts both amine types it would be interesting to put a test result to back up Biscuit's theory.

apologies for not replying sooner. I'll get back to you on this, hopefully with a test report and an attempt to explain the resonance structure, tautomerisation and protonation of 4-MAR

phase_dancer said:
apologies for not replying sooner. I'll get back to you on this, hopefully with a test report and an attempt to explain the resonance structure, tautomerisation and protonation of 4-MAR

Not a problem phase_dancer, thanks very much for chasing my question up. =D

That would be great phase_dancer! Looking forward to the information.

Mongman; I would be inclined to choose 4-MAR. The difference between it and Meth is not huge, but I find that 4-MAR has a distinctly euphoric edge that I dont seem to get with meth.

However, 4-MAR keeps me awake for a long time (too long), far longer that a simillar hit of meth would.

If I get some again I will take some photos of the reaction with all the reagents in the EZ extreme kit.

Thanks for your input regarding 4-MAR vs Meth josh_nexus. I appreciate you taking a photo if you see the stuff again to. Thanks

Well, that helps, best be tippin some of the olde marquis reagent on the next bit of ice i find... ooh wait.. mate's apparantly getting ice... i'll tell him to :)

Well now conclusive with test results....

We have methamphetamine :)

Kind of handy, before about a week ago, i didn't know what 4-MAR was, but interestingly enough, i do now :)

I called my mate up, who had just come into possession of a nice quantity of "ice", told him to pull out his marquis, and observe the reaction : Instantly went bright orange.

Ice: no, Meth: yes :)

Good Disscussion