• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4-Methyl-α-PHP (MPHP)

roi

Bluelighter
1GEdjcY.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4'-Methyl-α-pyrrolidinohexiophenone

Old substance, only recently (?) appeared on the market (again?) though. Might have been around a decade ago, however I couldn't find anything on BL about it. Now it seems to be available again.

In 2010 a group of researchers from the Institute of Forensic Medicine, University Hospital Jena, Germany concluded that MPHP can lead to serious poisoning with toxic liver damage and rhabdomyolysis

ooh ekk

The is on my vendor list but I can't find NOTHING about it. Saw that may be toxic. Anyone confirm this.

Metabolism of MPHP: http://i.imgur.com/19mjv6p.png

According to academic studies, para-methylated derivatives may cause liver failure as a sad side effect, eg. MPHP (MePHP), pyrovalerone, MPPP (MePPP) because of metabolism of these derivatives: the para-methyl functional group is metabolised by cytochrome P450 which leads to toxic metabolites.
This problem does not apply to derivates without para-methyl group as alpha-PVP, alpha-PPP and alpha-PHP. So I think there's nothing to worry about, Your liver shouldn't suffer that much : )

More information:

Peters, FT; Dragan, CA; Kauffels, A; Schwaninger, AE; Zapp, J; Bureik, M; Maurer, HH (2009). "Biotechnological synthesis of the designer drug metabolite 4'-hydroxymethyl-alpha-pyrrolidinohexanophenone in fission yeast heterologously expressing human cytochrome P450 2D6--a versatile alternative to multistep chemical synthesis". Journal of analytical toxicology 33 (4): 190–7

Sauer, C.; Hoffmann, K.; Schimmel, U.; Peters, F. T. (2011). "Acute poisoning involving the pyrrolidinophenone-type designer drug 4′-methyl-alpha-pyrrolidinohexanophenone (MPHP)". Forensic Science International 208 (1–3): e20–e25.

Last edited: