• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 4-HO-MET and 5-MeO-AET

If you look closely, it was not an oral dose.

I noticed that, buy why would they list a non-oral dose as the main method of taking it? They list oral doses for almost everything else (even DPT)

They also list the dosage of 4-HO-MIPT as 6mg! I know 4-AcO-MIPT dosage is going to be different, but 6mg seems way off seeing as how I usually take 30mg - 50mg+ of 4-AcO-MIPT.

Edit: Tihkal even lists the dosage for 4-HO-MET as 10--20mg, so I don't know WHERE that other link got a 6mg dosage from...

Last edited:
Wasn't this thread about 4-ho-met and 5-meo-aet? ;) Anymore news on the 5-meo-aet.

I have sampled 5-meo-aet (and even posted a tr!). It wasn't quite as strong on a mg basis as I may have hoped but it did provide a hellacious rush for awhile. (I would elaborate but maybe questions are more fitting for my tr thread?)

4-ho-met has also caught my attention but I haven't had the good fortune to sample it as of yet. One of you psychonauts try er out and let me know what you think of it :)

This thread is a nightmare. :\ Maybe the 4-ho-met and 5-meo-aet should be spliced even.

Concerning the 5-meo-aet. kblarg you keep speaking of this rush and I was wondering if you could describe it more. Is it a hallucinogenic rush or maybe more of an mdma type entactogenic rush .... ?

Also does the rush give way to more of a classic tryptamine buzz such as 5-meo-mipt or just fade .... ?

Please elaborate.

I have tried 5-meo-aet. On its own, 80mg was... well it felt nice, and I did see some visual activity (barely, but i could notice), but, it works as a damn good sleeping aid!! I wasn't too impressed.

But, one night I decided to put about 14mg of 4-aco-mipt (which is a pretty low dose for me) in the same capsule with 40mg of 5-meo-aet. Whoa! It intensified the trip so much, it was way more intense than 30mg of 4-aco-mipt would have been (most i've taken of it), but I think it added its own flavour also. Also 5-meo-aet on its own seems to take quite a while (orally) to build up, but this mix did not, it took as long as 4-aco-mipt would normally, within an hour, i was at a high +++ and I could barely read anything and there was colors and visuals everywhere. It got to the level of being dissociating, quite a suprise, sound was echo'ing like insanity and wierd colored images would appear and move on blank surfaces. Hell, everything was moving. The experience lasted about as long as a 14mg dose of 4-aco-mipt would normally, it sure shot up in intensity really fast though when it started to come on. Quite a potentiator! (i'm sure it added its own flavour too)

That sounds very intriguing... be sure to let us know if you try any more combinations... I was wondering about that. Guess someone beat me to it!

In my experience, a-MT and 5-MeO-a-MT both have that potentiation effect... so I was hoping that 5-MeO-a-ET would as well.

Looks like it does!

Happy days! :D

MagickalKat777 sez:

> 5-MeO-a-MT is a lot like a-MT, but longer lasting, more
> visual,

more visual? perhaps...

longer lasting? what are you talking about?

amt lasts a solid 18 hours (and i have had trips that lasted up to 27 hours!!!). alpha-O lasts 12 hours on an oral dose and between 8 and 10 for an insufflated dose.

I would really be interested to hear your experience of alpha-O outlasting amt!! :)

-Maitland

*TM-321* said:
This thread is a nightmare. :\ Maybe the 4-ho-met and 5-meo-aet should be spliced even.

Concerning the 5-meo-aet. kblarg you keep speaking of this rush and I was wondering if you could describe it more. Is it a hallucinogenic rush or maybe more of an mdma type entactogenic rush .... ?

Also does the rush give way to more of a classic tryptamine buzz such as 5-meo-mipt or just fade .... ?

Please elaborate.

Sorry I took so long to reply to this one, I've been out of town at a hippyfest all weekend.

Anyways, the rush from insufflated 5-meo-aet was like a cross between a speed rush and a mdxx rush. I don't really know how to describe it really any better than that, but I can tell you that 20mg insufflated should knock you on your ass for a good 15mins or so, and it takes about 15mins for it to kick in.
I was not wholly impressed with this chemical via oral route and as I mentioned in my TR thread I would like to try it via freebase route as the only supplier I'm aware of that sells it has it in FB form.

I didn't notice any visuals from my trials with this material whatsoever. It put me in a headspace where I felt that I would be seeing visuals, but I never had any true visuals at all.

It's a very odd but novel material and I def. do enjoy it. To the poster above me that sampled it orally... give it a shot via freebasing it... try 10-20mg or so and I bet you'll be much more impressed!

So has anyone tried 4-HO-MET and if so, Please provide an experience/trip report. Very curious about that chem.

Less empathy more trippy

From what I can remember, 5-MeO-AET is a lot more like a psychedelic, with less MDMA like empathy than AET. About 18 years ago, I had a chance to rey AET, and at 120mg it was "very touchy-feely" (that's how I referred to it until I had a chance to try MDMA years afterwards), which I later realized was the empathic qualities of MDMA. It had less of a stimulant-like effect compared with MDMA, but the empathy state lasted 3-5 hours. Using for comparison the effects I've felt from AMT and 5-MeO-AMT, I'd have guessed that 5-MeO-AET would have very little to no stimulant type effect, wouldn't be too kind to your gut, and would last quite a while.

Not too spectacular, but most probably interesting

still curious about the other though... 4-HO-MET!?! Im still really intrigued to know what this chem is all about. Anyone??

Yeah, that idea got nixed a long time ago... a stupid decision, if you ask me. Sure, 4-HO-MiPT is interesting. But I still swear up and down that 4-HO-MET would have been a much better choice.

Guess we will never know now. *sigh*

I am sure that when 4-ho-dipt and 4-ho-mipt are gone under regulations, 4-ho-met will lift its head for a short while before disappearing too. I suspect it will be more or less identical to 4-ho-dmt.

Unless I missed something, 4-HO-MET never actually hit the "market".

4-HO-MiPT isn't scheduled.

Nor is 4-HO-DiPT.

Both are still readily available for those that know where to look.

I abandoned my research on these type of substances, short of literature, but they are definitely still around.

Waking the dead...

I've recently gained the opportunity to try 4-HO-MET, but there does not seem to be any more info on BL, Erowid, or Lycaeum regarding this substance. Even Google is of little help.

Can anyone share any experiences they've had with this? I'd love to try it, but not without a lot more information.

Inappropriate said:
Can anyone share any experiences they've had with this? I'd love to try it, but not without a lot more information.

Several SWIMs have reported on the related 4-AcO-MET on other boards:

daeron said:
...the 4AcO-MET was supplyed as ~20mg in caps. Naturally being the paranoid fuck as swim is, the five doses that were acquired were opened and measured revealing an off white powder, slightly yellow or maybe brownish, all measured to be 18 to 21mg. The person assured swim that the substance was made less than 7 days ago.

the overall exp was as predicted by the akathist, there was no profound "mind trip", the trip was very visual, altho rather short, some 4hrs in total.

since swim is not of a trip report sort, and elaborate stories about getting lost in the middle of rain and unknown turkish idea of soulclipse, here are the list of effects:
-nausea at come up at 3 of 5 swims and swimettes
-pronounced stimulation, which lasted throughout the trip
-increased muscus production, accompanyed by one uncontrolable crying...well leaking of eye sockets is more appropriate term, since there was a lot of laughter involved
-OEVs and CEVs
-pronounced lucidity in all of the subjects, which kinda killed the trip, if the substance lasted longer than just 3-4 hours, it would have been branded boring by the swims and swimettes, since they all enjoy a good mind fuck.

overall compared to other tryptamines swim has tryed, the closest would be probably 4aco-mipt or higher dose of 4aco-dipt, the only difference being that the 4aco-met was slighly more intense, on the physical level (the overall stimulation).

again swim, since hes a paranoid bastard, has his doubts about this exp, and since there is no way to actually confirm that the substance ingested was actually 4aco-met, altho the supplyer can be trusted, swim would like to leave a grain of doubt in the whole report.

QGdoxl said:
tests were done at 10mg and 15mg with no effect. My dog has a high tolerance for mushies too though. Often he needs to take 7g to feel effects and has never had a full blown trip, just giddy lots of laughing and breathing of objects.

soon tests at 20mg and 25mg to be conducted.

While not the exact compound, it is a fairly closely related compound.

TiHKAL has some brief data on 4-HO-MET under Entry # 21.

I did include both a 4-HO-MET and 4-AcO-MET survey when I was collecting data on other compounds, but these received 0 responses each.

I B