View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 4-HO-MET and 5-MeO-AET

MagickalKat777

Bluelight Crew
I was just wondering if anyone has had the chance to sample either of these compounds, or if they would be interested in doing so.

4-HO-MET has had my attention for quite some time. It seems interesting that Shulgin lost his notes on that chemical when writing TiHKAL, yet the one report on it says it is "Qualitatively a lot like Psilocin..." which makes me even more curious.

5-MeO-AET has had my interest for awhile as well, as in my experience, 5-Methoxy-tryptamines are much more potent than their base cousins, and AET itself sounds like a wondrous compound.

Just curious if anyone has tried them and if so, what the effects were. If not, I am wondering how many are curious about them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt many people have tried them. Tryptamines in generalare very hard to synthesize, and to myknowledge these compoundsare not on the market.

I am not too interested in 5-MeO-aET myself, as most 5-meo's show more toxic effects than other tryptamines. maybe people will find otherwise, but I wouldn't jump at the chance to try it.

having never done aet I would have no clue what its 5meo is like, but AMT sounded like the ultimate psychadelic, it was interesting but definatly not all it's cracked up to be. But I'm still very interested both. Plus 4hoMET would probly b real good, but just cuz shulgin said it was like psilocybin doesnt amount to shit. He thought just about every 4-ho-?? was just like psilocin, they're all pretty cool but each is very different from the last. love to get my hands on both somday

I have a feeling that 4-HO-MET will prove to be the most interesting of the 4-HO series, and my feelings are usually right. Just like how I feel that 5-MeO-AET will be another rolly tryptamine, and 4-AcO-MiPT quickly became my favorite psychedelic, as did 2C-E. I hated 2C-I, just like I thought I would, and I love(d) Alpha-O, just like I knew I would.

I have had quite an interest in 4-HO-MET, though I think Iprocin (4-HO-DiPT) will still have my vote as #1. 4-HO-MET, from everything I've read, seems most like Psilocybin than any other Tryptamine.

^^^^^^^^^

By "everything I have read" I assume you mean what is in TIHKAL? I do not know of anything else out there on 4-Ho-MET.

This is slightly off-topic, but another one that interests me is simple MET or N-methyl-N-ethyltryptamine. While it does not have an entry in TIHKAL, MET is mentioned in the entry for another psychedelic as being a positive experience. Shulgin says of it, "Lying midway between DMT and DIPT is the ethyl compound, N-ethyl-N-methyltryptamine, or MET...The free base, as an oil, shows oral activity in the eighty to one hundred milligram range."

So I know it's been used by humans, and Shulgin has said he has some notes (not handy) on it, but he does not remember anything specific about it. While the oral potency is low (like MAOI + DMT, and the higher homologues DET and DPT), there is a good chance this could be a very interesting material when the freebase is vaporized (like DMT), or if the salt was given by IM injection (like DET and DPT.)

MET is a true hybrid of DMT and DET. DMT has two methyls (the N,N-dimethyl part) hanging off the amine chain and DET has two ethyls (the N,N-diethyl) at the same place. MET has one methyl and one ethyl.

A quick search through some abstract indexes showed me there has been some animal testing with MET, but I could not see anything that indicated human tests with it.

While other N,N-disubstituted tryptamines (DiPT, DPT, EiPT, and MiPT) are available now, or in the past have been, I'm surprised this one never made it out. I think both MET and MPT would be logical and interesting tryptamines to explore. Both are closely related to other, active psychedelics with the same substitutions, so I see no reason why MET and MPT would not also be.

I was reading about it in TIHKAL, but I did find another source that reviewed it briefly. MET sounds like it may go onto my list if I ever have a chance of obtaining it.

^^^^^^^^^^^

What else did you read? Please share with us. If not, could I talk you into sharing you MET information via private message?

Thanks. :)

I will most definitely be obtaining some 5-meo-aET, hopefully very soon. I will certainly post my experience with it as soon as I have a chance to try!

morninggloryseed, I'm sorry, but I cannot find the source. I tried searching Yahoo where I found it, but I couldn't. I may have it saved at home, and I'll check later. I'm still going to search for it though. The page was a summary, similar to TIHKAL, but with far less chemical information. It was more just a brief overview of the experience. It had many Tryptamines on it that were used by a certain person. I stumbled upon it while reading about Iprocin. It listed Iprocin as being an intense psychedelic at doses up to 25mgs, and I found that to be very true. It said that 4-HO-MET was very much like Psilocybin. I will look more for it and send it if I find it. Sure, you can PM me. Plus, I wanted to share in brief, an experience I had the other day.

..I'm back. The closest thing I could find was the Tryptamine FAQ at Lycaeum. There was something else that I found though.

Just because alpha-ET sounds really nice from all reports does not mean 5-MeO-AET will be good. Based on my personal experiences with DMT and DiPT and their corresponding "5-MeOs," and reading about MiPT, AMT, DET, and their 5-MeOs...it is enough to convince me of something. And that is that N,N-substituted 5-MeO-tryptamines lead to very different places than their corresponding N,N-substituted tryptamines with no 5-methoxy group.

I'm keeping an open mind. I really learned to do that after taking 2C-D, which I found to be a most useful and positive psychedelic after convincing myself it would be a "dud" and I'd only be trying it the one time. I guess Shulgin calling it "pharmacological tofu," and reading the seemingly boring reports presented with that comment in PIHKAL kinda biased me. ALso some reports on Erowid on 2C-D didn't help. PIHKAL and TIHKAL are good giudes, but they are by no means the "final word" on the action of a material. In the end, 2C-D has become one of my all-time favorites.

DiPT is another good example of a psychedelic which proved to be very different than described by Shulgin. What he described as a simple auditory distorter with no real mental or visual actions was to me a profound psychedelic (mind-manifesting) chemical with incredible depth and richness. As a side-effect, it also had a profound effect on my hearing. But in reading TIHKAL, I only expected auditory distortions but no psychedelic effects.

I wonder how many other substances dismissed are actually really good materials. Shulgin (after only trying one) dismissed the entire 2C-O family. But based on the reports for escaline and proscaline, I think 2C-O-2 (the 2,4,5 positional isomer of escaline) and 2C-O-7 (the 2,4,5 positional isomer of proscaline) would be very interesting things to explore.

Shulgin also describes methylone as being nothing like MDMA, that it is more "anti-depressant-like" in action. Well the description of "anti-depressant-like" is very vague, but I find methylone to be just as magical and rewarding as MDMA. It is different from MDMA, yet it is also very similar. But Shulgin describes something very different than I experience when speaking of methylone's psychoactivity.

morninggloryseed said:
Just because alpha-ET sounds really nice from all reports does not mean 5-MeO-AET will be good. Based on my personal experiences with DMT and DiPT and their corresponding "5-MeOs," and reading about MiPT, AMT, DET, and their 5-MeOs...it is enough to convince me of something. And that is that N,N-substituted 5-MeO-tryptamines lead to very different places than their corresponding N,N-substituted tryptamines with no 5-methoxy group.

I was going to point thatout before I read your post. I reallydon'tknow where people got theidea that a 5-MeO substitute is identical to the parent substance yet with higher potencies. If I where to go by this logic, then I will haveto judge DMT and DiPT as being total crap, becaue their 5-MeO counterparts are crap. Potent crap. However, DiPT is a wonderful material, and though I have not sampled DMT yet, something tells me it is much better than 5-MeO-DMT.

Oh, and MET is one of my holy grails too :D

4-ho-met and met do look interesting. Structurally they are about as close to psilocin and dmt as you can get. 4-aco-mipt is the nicest orally active tryptamine I've tried so far. I also wonder about revisiting mipt in higher doses. I've done up to 35mg and only experienced a ++, but with no negative effects at all. When you look at the suggested oral doses of other N,N-dialkyl-trypts such as dipt, met, dpt or dmt (dpt and dmt with maois), they go considerably higher than 35mg.

5-meo-aet I'll let someone else try, considering the apparent toxicity of 5-meo-amt, and the general wierdness of 5-meo-T's.

Wow, this thread has grown a lot more than I expected it to!

Anyway, I disagree with the general consensus that all 5-MeO's are bad. While I agree that they aren't usually like their base chemical, some of them are. For those that have experienced both a-MT and 5-MeO-a-MT, you should know what I mean. 5-MeO-a-MT is a lot like a-MT, but longer lasting, more visual, fluctuates on body high, and only slightly more toxic, at least for me and all of my friends. This is the reasoning that I am using in guessing that 5-MeO-a-ET will be something good, or will at least be good to mix with other things.

Don't always look at the structure of a chemical and condemn it because of that structure. Just look at PMEA compared to PMA!

I too disagree with how a lot of people seem to group all 5-Meo's together and look down on them... For one thing, you can't group them all together as similiar just because they all start with 5-Meo... They're all totally different chemicals, and some of them can be quite beneficial. Whether you like the current 5-meo's or not is irrelivent, 5-meo-aet is a totally different chemical and could be quite interesting - or it could be worthless. There's really no way to know until you try it, that's why I am interested in exploring it to find out.

^^^^ Hmmm... strange. They list the duration of 4-HO-MET as less than an hour. In Tihkal, it's listed as 4-6 hours.