• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 4-AcO-DMT vs. Psilocin

i dont find it stimulating per se. And the experience an seem drowsy (same with mushrooms for me), but im unable to sleep after the peak.
Its not a stimulation physically as much as my mind wont shut up.

I have not tried 4-ho-dmt, its harder to get a hold of than its acetoxy counterpart (obviously), but it seems like the 4-ho-xxx tryptamines (4-subbed psilocin homologues/analogs) are more "in-your-face" whereas, psilacetin seems to be friendly and more inviting and comfortable, but still has most of psilocin's "shattering" effects, but they are def. less harsh IMO. I would guess 4-aco-dmt is better, but again, this is based off things like 4-ho-mipt and other 4-ho derivatives vs 4-aco-dmt. It doesnt have that same "edginess" that miprocin has. What I wonder is: does every acetoxy-substituted psilocin analog (4-ho-dipt, mipt, det, met, etc) vs their aco counterpart essentially have the same feel, but a more "friendly" onset? This has been my observation and I wonder if anyone feels the same way

Well I think in general, yes, the acetoxy counterparts are much more gentle and forgiving. However, like I said before, I don't find 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-DMT to have basically the same feel at all. I find 4-AcO-DMT to feel like slow smoked DMT, and 4-HO-DMT feels much different, not DMT-like at all in feel. Much closer to mushrooms. I don't find many similarities between mushrooms and 4-AcO-DMT.

In general though the acetoxy counterparts feel much like the hydroxies though. Another exception is 4-AcO-DiPT/4-HO-DiPT.

my friend got total loss of ego and grasp of reality on just 30mg of 4-aco-DMT were as anyone else i know that has taken that ammount has just tripped hard.

4-aco-DMT is a fantastic experince and it has been so long since i tried mushrooms to compare but id say 4-aco-DMT was better.

i thought some of the visuals off it putside were slightly similar to sum subtle 5-meo-DMT trips and cant compare to n-n-DMT as i have never been able to source it.

I'm not sure evrything reduces to chemistry. Scientific reductiontism leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Just my personal viewpoint. :)

Splendid! the perfect point when comparing substances, differences in subjective experience can be... impossible to pinpoint!

It's weird... for me, 4-AcO-DMT is pretty sedating. I've actually passed out on very strong experiences and gotten very drowsy during low-dose experiences. DMT doesn't have this effect but it is still relaxing. However, psilocin and mushrooms make me pretty stimulated (except for a few mushrooms I've had) and very wanting to move around.

Yes! Someone else like me! Shrooms only a little sedating during come-on, but ultimately stimulating.

However, while I can sense 4-aco-dmt's potential, when I get up to effective doses, the stuff at anywhere near or over 20mg usually knocks me right out like someone held a ragfull of ether over my face. I can avoid this if I remain standing and continually fidget, but all that effort just to stay awake kind of ruins the trip. At times it's been sorta frightening, like I was being sucked into a black hole or whirlpool of tar. And a TOTAL waste, too... its not ego-loss either. Just total empty unconsciousness. I wake up a few hours later remembering exactly nothing but the blackout.

People have suggested I try it with a little stimulant of some kind... somewhere someone noted they'd had excellent repeatable results taking 4-aco-dmt at the point in a dose of 2C-I (1.75 - 2.25 hours) when its plateau phase is starting, in order for the stimulant aspect of the 2C-I to counteract the sedating effect of the 4-aco-dmt. I really like 2C-I so I think I need to get more of both and try that recipe, which sounds like a great idea to me. Kinda like "Hippie Flip, The Next Generation" haha =D

Last edited:
this stuff is not the same as mushrooms. My effects were completely different.

yeah, cased closed. But for many of us the case has been closed since the around the middle of the first 4-aco-dmt thread when the iv onset profile was discussed, if not before that in a different thread.

Maybe a new thread should be started, but i'd like to hear some of the add people comment on how rate of absorption alone might influence a psychedelic's qualitative effects (what butane calls 'pattern' as contrasted with "quantitative" descriptions like 'speed' and 'intensity'.) i assume the idea would take the general form of: Neurophysiological process x (maybe stress hormone release or something) occurs in response to substance a only if a enters the brain faster than some rate q. Where x and a has qualitative psychological effects (pattern) that are distinct from the effects of a and not x. I have no idea what x might really be though.
ya really.... 8(

and add a 2C-X to have the stimulation counteract a heavy dose of 4-ACO-DMT...... NO!

The only way to "help" a bad trip is sufficient benzodiazepine on hand for an emergency comedown attempt. Mushrooms drop my bloodpressure, (low to medium). Paradoxically, excess of any tryptamine will increase heart rate, which raises the blood pressure a bit also instead of lowering it, if somehow panic-stricken. All phenethlamines increase blood pressure, especially accidental overdoses. At the wrong dose, the two combined could put you in shock. Better know what you're getting into. 1.5 hits of good LSD, combined with 50 mg of 2C-B was a very scary trip. I felt so tense and overstimulated, I knew both my heart was racing too fast and my blood pressure was too high. The two came on both at the same time, and 30-45 mins after dosing the two chemicals were both working my brain HARD and overtime, seemingly against each other. I physically could not take and had to do emergency slow breathing technique for a couple hours. I didn't have any downer meds on me... it was the Worst panic attack I've ever had.

1mg of Xanax (no tolerance) was enough to bring me out of a bad mescaline hcl trip that was also too overwhelming mentally, EXTREME panic attack dissolved to hours of bliss. Now I always have at least 10 x 2mg clonazepam just in case any doses for an entire tripping group of fellows could be eased down off an overwhelmingly tense high if too much is taken.

Last edited: