Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(4-AcO-DMT / Repeated 9-18mg) - Experienced - 21 days of Psilacetin

MyExcuse

Bluelighter
So it has been my intention for some time to investigate the medicinal, nootropic and otherwise therapeutic value of repeated dosing with a psilocin analogue. I received 260mg of 4-AcO-DMT Fumarate for this trek and dissolved this into 30ml of 40% Ethanol (Vodka) giving a standardized dose of 8.6mg/1ml. Daily dose was 1-2ml, 5-6 days a week with 1-2 days of rest between use.

Experimentation began Jun 05 with a 1ml dose and ended today Jun 26 with a 2ml dose.

A bit of background:
I'm a 24-year old polydrug (ab)user and have been using psychedelics for over a decade. I prefer classical psychedelics and dissociatives over the newer synthetics but I'm not picky. I take phenibut, Lamictal and cannabis daily for PAWS/Bipolar II. I have been stable on these drugs for 1 year and have found little effect on other drugs. Infrequent use of diazepam or etizolam for transient anxiety and insomnia.

Most of these doses take place after 3pm. Often I'd get off work and immediately take my dose, then go out for a walk or hike for an hour or two.

Week 1:
On the first day the effects were typical for the substance, I had a short trip lasting about 6 hours from 3-9 with peak effects reached after 1.5 hours of come-up, lasting roughly 2 hours, with a rapid decline and lingering effect for 2-3 hours. Visuals were minor, CEV's were present but nothing impressive. The effects on my mind were tough to function with, I couldn't really keep track of any thought for too long. No real revelations or depth of thought, and often I would have to retreat indoors once peak effects took hold.

Week 2:
I've noticed that my mood is changing. My base mood is rather aggressive and exacting. I often get told I'm an asshole or arrogant, which is fine because it's true. I've become more soft. I recognized some behavior, which I had noticed bothered some people, was maladaptive and so I took effort to correct it. My memory has begun to get a little fuzzy but my daily mood has improved significantly. Random bouts of hypomania (usually expresses itself as an overwhelming emotional response which is not warranted), which I sometimes experience, are lessened in intensity and frequency. My thoughts are more fluid and anything philosophical flows quickly through my mind. Sometimes I can get off on a tangent or lose track of the original point in a conversation, but this has changed and I am able to stay verbose while not losing track of the topic.

Week 3:
Mood improvements withstanding. I've been dealing with a lot of stress and found that my level of psychological discomfort has decreased significantly. Even on a day when my vehicle was broken into, I was able to keep a cheerful demeanor which would not have been the case prior to the experiment. Memory issues have become worse and mental fatigue sets in much quicker. I find myself mentally tired halfway through the day. My long-term memory seems to have improved significantly and I am able to explore my past in depth.

Overall pro's:
Increase in mood
Increase in philosophical thoughts
Positive changes in perception
Increased endurance

Overall con's:
Memory issues
Time dilation*
Intestinal upset
Feeling of boredom increased while not on drug

*The time dilation effect began as a lengthening of perceived time but switched towards the end of week 1 and became the opposite, with a shortening of perceived time. By week 3 I was losing hours at a time doing simple tasks. It was great for work, the day flies by, but it made my free-time fly by equally. This combined with benzo's would be a great way to "time-travel" into the future.

Final thoughts:
I would love to try this again but with a more structured dose plan. My inspiration comes from a guide and information over on the Shroomery about a grower who supplied MS sufferers and mentally ill people with Sclerotia which were taken every 3 days in doses of 2-3 grams (equivalent to roughly 30-50mg of psilocin). Accordingly, after the first few times there would be minimal if any effects with the doses. One of the days I took approximately 51mg of 4-AcO-DMT (spaced over 3 hours) and the beneficial effects were increased, lasting for 3 days and with less negative side effects. The time I took 51mg imparted the greatest degree of anxiolytic and anti-depressant effect.

I'm unsure if it is due to this ester possibly having it's own method of action, but I never truly lost effect. I would love to experiment with real psilocin to see if I lose the psychedelic effect as was mentioned in the shroomery thread.

Personally I felt this experiment was a success. I feel that for depression/anxiety, if one were to combine psilocin or an ester, used every other day or every 3 days, with daily CBD (5-10mg), it would provide excellent relief of symptoms.

I also plan to attempt a similar experiment with 4-AcO-DMT and Memantine, taken daily in low doses (2-5mg of psilacetin), as a nootropic. I feel that the pharmacology of both substances will work splendidly together.

Last edited: