View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-AcO-AET

Xorkoth said:
Well, if possible ;)

But no, I meant a picture of the chemical. I know that won't necessarily tell us anything, but I'm just curious.

Unfortunately I do not have a working camera at the moment.:(

^^ I sent the supplier another e-mail that was a little more urgent, hopefully the fucker will reply this time. If not, I will just get rid of the sample barring definite analysis.

Xorkoth, it is a very fluffy off white (a hint of yellow is present) powder (I know, awesome description)

Odd, my AET is a granular white powder, not yellow at all and with definite little sand-sized grains, just like AMT. My AET is freebase. Yours sounds like it looks different, but of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

morninggloryseed said:
None of the 4-substituted N,N-dialkyltryptamines had any indole odor. Can we make the same claim about 4-AcO-AET? I dunno, I wouldn't have expected it to have an odor. I have no clue as to the 'scientific' reason...but none of the 5-MeO or 4-XO compoounds ever had an odor and so that make me question. I guess you never heard back from them to confirm what you have?

I really would try to get this authenticated before you start messing with it....if anything so as to not spread misinformation...but also for the comfort of knowing what in the hell you are actually tripping on.

Total agreement here.

I have also sampled several 4-Ho-tryptamines from different suppliers - none of which had any smell.

Egor: I am worried about you. Please do not mess with this chemical untill you know what it is for sure.

I remember once, when going through pubchem, I found a program that would draw a molecule according to IUPAC names. Unfortunately, I cannot find it... but if I do, I will post it here.

^^After reading the last few posts, I decided to do the smart thing and went to where these things are kept, and sealed the little vial in a way that will not let me open it without destroying the vial. I wont open it until I am 100% sure of its identity.

Hopefully I will get a reply from the vendor shortly

MGS: Could you please try and post a drawing if the material at hand?

Egor: Thanks for being responsible. Also, do not trust the vendor - always do an independant testing when things are iffy.

Jamshyd said:
MGS: Could you please try and post a drawing if the material at hand?

Egor: Thanks for being responsible. Also, do not trust the vendor - always do an independant testing when things are iffy.

At this point, I am just curious what the vendor will say, if the fucker replys at all.
I would be greatly appreciative of that .png file if possible mgs!

AMT and 5meoAMT can be white - brown in color and both are stinky. It is not a stretch to think that this would apply to other alpha-substituted tryptamines, butt who knows. It would be really easy to substitute the latter 2 easily available chems, and who would know without a GC or NMR ?

EXCELLENT!

So it IS 4-AcO-AeT. Thanks a bunch MGS... if you don't mind, could you share as to how to obtain this program? (even via PM if you prefer?)

Just because someone has misinterpreted a chem name does not mean one should ditch the vendor. Quite a few trusty vendors work with non-IUPAC names to stay under the radar, so to speak.

They are not selling chemicals to consume, remember.

I've changed the name of the thread to simply "4-AcO-AET", untill someone else posts about the same material. We will then merge them and make it a big-and-dandy type of thread.

Good idea, Jamshyd. I'v been toying with changing the name away from Big and Dandy, but I didn't want to lose track of the thread.

MGS: Thanks for drawing the molecule! It appears we've really got 4-AcO-AET then. I did think it was odd that his powder is fine, as the AET I have is definitely granular like fine sand.

Jamshyd said:
EXCELLENT!

So it IS 4-AcO-AeT. Thanks a bunch MGS... if you don't mind, could you share as to how to obtain this program? (even via PM if you prefer?)

Woah, I think we're jumping the gun here. I'm pretty sure nobody has confirmed that this is 4-AcO-AET. I'm no chemist, but I still feel like something is wrong here.

MGS, is this what you plugged in ...
3-[2-(alphaethylamino)-ethyl]-4-acetoxyindole

We agreed in another thread that the proper name for 4-AcO-AET would be
3-(2-aminobutyl)-4-acetoxy-indole.

3-[2-(ethylamino)-ethyl]-4-acetoxy-indole would be 4-AcO-NET.

See this thread for details:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=291434

Oh, no I didn't use that program. I used my other program, drew 4-AcO-AET, and the program named what I drew. There is no confirmation on anything! Other than I know how to draw 4-AcO-DET, and press the naming function.

PS...the name I provided is the correct name...I very much trust this program to name what I draw.

I will run those other names into my other program when I get home tonight. But none of the names above are the correct IUPAC names

^^You are correct. The proper name would be 3-(2-aminobutyl)-1H-indol-4-yl acetate. The point was that the original compound name made no sense, where as the above names are understandable IUPAC abbreviations.

The correct name doesen't guarantee its the correct chemical,so I'm with Dondante,it needs to be assayed.