• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

300mg lithium + lsd (1 week off lithium, is it safe?)

anya444

Greenlighter
I have been on 300mg lithium for a couple of weeks as well as tapering off of my old medication (200mg zoloft). For type one bipolar. I have tripped several times and have these tabs with kit.

If I stopped taking tonight would I be able to trip in one week safely? if not, how long would I need to wait?

the half life of lithium is 24hr so by then only ~2.3g will be in my system. I'm 5'4, 100lb, also on 30mg adderall and 22.5mg mirtazapine (remeron). I've tripped on these tabs before, I would estimate 150ug? not super potent for gels. Thank you so much

You would want to wait til you have 0 mg of lithium left in your system. So this will probably take a couple weeks. In one week its still risky.

You would want to wait til you have 0 mg of lithium left in your system. So this will probably take a couple weeks. In one week its still risky.
are you familiar with potential risks from having Lithium in system while tripping? or are there any sources I could read

are you familiar with potential risks from having Lithium in system while tripping? or are there any sources I could read
Increased risk of seizures, and its been documented that those who have lithium in their system are at larger risks of psychotic or mania reactions under LSD. Alot of lithium users have reported terrible trips when taken with LSD. Its best to get it totally cleared to avoid these risks. The greatest risk can be death from overheating

0 mg Lithium in your CNS means death. We consume it every day.
Especially eggs, milk, butter, etc have a high Lithium content (of around 500µg of Lithium per around 500g of said food)
While I would certainly wait for Lithium-levels to return to normal in your body, it's very important in our CNS, and Lithium-deficiency is one of the main causes of severe depression.

If you are bipolar do not trip or take psychedelic drugs, and combining LSD with lithium is dangerous, as people have seizures and bad trips, or go into psychosis. It takes a month or multiple months for Lithium to be out of your brain and body.

Increased risk of seizures, and its been documented that those who have lithium in their system are at larger risks of psychotic or mania reactions under LSD. Alot of lithium users have reported terrible trips when taken with LSD. Its best to get it totally cleared to avoid these risks. The greatest risk can be death from overheating
So Lithium, LSD, MDMA, and hot sunshine or a sauna= recipe for major neurotoxicity if the seizures don't strike.

As it happens, before the internet harm reduction era, I unwittingly used to visit a sauna and steam the morning of a heavy MDMA session.

And those summer festivals and indoor raves we were baking!

so it's ok if you are a fresh baked blueberry muffin. but humans should stay off psychedelics if they use lithium, which I thought was only prescribed in difficult cases of mental strife, and that takes no holiday for rec. drug use.