• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin 30 hours into heroin withdrawal, not feeling much. is this it?

e92

Bluelighter
i've gone thru some nasty withdrawals in the past, all from opiates and twice from heroin

i just got off a 2 week moderate heroin binge, last dose was 30 hours ago.

+7 hours after the last dose i started feeling the withdrawals
+10 hours i felt horrible went to get some loperamide, took 20mg. made me feel a bit better.
+14 hours i was out, and just wanted to go home and relax. took a klonopin
+16 hours feeling sad and depressed, wanted to escape reality, but no real physical withdrawals.
+18 hours felt 100% ok. went to sleep
+22 hours woke up in the middle of the night from some restless leg discomfort but then i just fell back asleep

+30 hours, here i am. laying in bed. i dont feel any physical withdrawals at all i just feel depressed really and a bit of anxiety and i took 1mg of klonopin. thats pretty much it.

am i basically in the clear? is this it?

First, I don't do h. I take oxy. Ima go ahead and say you are not in the clear. Day 3 was always the worse for me.

Now that was my opinion. I hope I'm wrong. I hope you are finished with the withdrawals.

First, I don't do h. I take oxy. Ima go ahead and say you are not in the clear. Day 3 was always the worse for me.

Now that was my opinion. I hope I'm wrong. I hope you are finished with the withdrawals.
i hope so too but you also have to remember that oxy has a way longer half life than heroin. WAY longer. i know from past experiences when withdrawing from H i was fucked up like 3 days (physically)

Well, you *could* be at the worst..from a 2 week binge. Had you not taken the loperamide I'd give it a high probability.

But loperamide binding to the peripheral receptors takes away about 80 % of the wd. It doesn't take away the lethargy, or depression, and it doesn't give you energy. It can last up to a day from a dose. So--you may find that when it wears off you feel worse again. On the bright side?? If you feel worse, take another loperamide dose.

Like someone above said, I always found my worst day of heroin wd to be day 3. Sometimes 3-4 if it was a long run. You're not coming off a long run, but once you had a previous dependency a 2 week run can give some nasty symptoms.

If you get lucky and don't feel worse, count your blessings lol. I've had a few of those "easy" wds, used again and oh boy the next one makes up for it. And not in a good way... :(

Stay hydrated, make sure to eat, and move around even if it's just taking a walk. The more you lay around in mild wd the worse your brain tries to talk you into using cause you "don't feel good". Keep the brain occupied.

And hang in there ! Sometimes getting thru that first day is a struggle. You're (hopefully) on the downside now

i hope so too but you also have to remember that oxy has a way longer half life than heroin. WAY longer. i know from past experiences when withdrawing from H i was fucked up like 3 days (physically)

Heroin has a T1/2 of 3-5 minutes with the resulting morphine's half life at 2-3 hours which is nearly identical to Oxycodone. Now morphine's effects might outlast oxy but niether differs much in T1/2.

You're masking the worst symptoms with loperamide and Klonopin. If you didn't have those, you would be in much worse shape.

Is the op saying they have been using heroin for 2 weeks in total?

^ No, just his/hers latest binge..

Yeah the lope and klonnies are making you feel better.

I'm surprised no one has asked about the ops use before the 2week binge. It would make a difference if there had been a long period of not using or just a few days.
If the op hadn't used for months before or a few days before the binge would afect duration of wds.