• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

3 Years out and still suffering

chenka44

Bluelighter
Aplogies in advance if this is a repeat post
I finished a 3 year withdrawal of a five year ish vlium abusive habit 3 years ago
Since then, I suffer from persistant low mood, random morning anxiety and, just lately, a sense of it all being pointless, mostly because pretty much everything I try to address my physical issues,
without fail, will give me either nightmares, or anxiety...I'm talking about Fish Oil, Vitamin D etc..FFS
I don't understand whats going on, when pre valium, I could use pretty much any supplement, and it would either work or not..no bloody nightmares or anxiety
Does anyone know of any links to studies etc on this please?
I dont smoke or drink, and my diet is mostly ok, but exercise can make me feel wasted

I'm talking about Fish Oil, Vitamin D etc.
May I ask what the "etc" will represent?
Any other licit or otherwise substances in the mix?
What doses of fish oil and vitamin E are we consuming daily?
If the "etc" could be expounded upon a little it may also offer some clues... maybe not.
Peace

No illicit substances, I'm to terrified to even get drunk,because apparently, that could send me back into withdrawal
Only ever use things once, because I'll get nightmares of anxiety next day, so I stop
Have tried Curcumin, fish oil, vitamin D , all seperately,and have just started CBD oil 2 days ago, with minimal THC ..still debating if that is making my sleep worse

Why don't you just not take supplements if they are causing you problems?

It sounds like a psychosomatic issue to me, obviously that's wild speculation but that's about all anyone can offer here.

Congratulations on getting and staying clean.

Sorry to beat ya on this but what dosages of each listed are you currently on, please?
Try stopping the THC/CBD for a couple days. I find that weed products do have the ability to keep my mind racing long after bedtime... like everything at once. Not a horrible state as some thing's come that are helpful. Other times it's just a waste of time with no sleep....
Take care.

Seems like there's a permanent GABA downregulation in your brain from your past benzo use. I don't want to scare you or anything but it's the result of benzo abuse. Eventually it will get better but I don't think u will ever feel 100% normal like when u where younger and didn't do drugs. This is one of the reasons why i will most likely never quit clonazepam, I'm cool taking em till I die.

Sorry to beat ya on this but what dosages of each listed are you currently on, please?
Try stopping the THC/CBD for a couple days. I find that weed products do have the ability to keep my mind racing long after bedtime... like everything at once. Not a horrible state as some thing's come that are helpful. Other times it's just a waste of time with no sleep....
Take care.
I'm on no dosages as each time I react badly, I immediately stop

Why don't you just not take supplements if they are causing you problems?

It sounds like a psychosomatic issue to me, obviously that's wild speculation but that's about all anyone can offer here.

Congratulations on getting and staying clean.

Trying to address insulin resistance, and inflammation that has been seen in bloods but doctors cannot figure out where it comes from, plus high cholesterol and ferritin levels

Seems like there's a permanent GABA downregulation in your brain from your past benzo use. I don't want to scare you or anything but it's the result of benzo abuse. Eventually it will get better but I don't think u will ever feel 100% normal like when u where younger and didn't do drugs. This is one of the reasons why i will most likely never quit clonazepam, I'm cool taking em till I die.
That's what I'm afraid of
Surely there's a way to unregulate GABA receptors
I'm 65 now, and feeling really hopeless

I gotta get some rest and sleep but will come back to this.
In the meantime if everyone will keep this thread respectful, healthful, friendly and without unproven info I would appreciate it very much.
Content that has no place here will be deleted.
Much love

@chenka44 I stumbled across a few well researched You Tube videos a few days ago, basically saying that the benzo PWS can take 3 months to 4 years for the brain's GABA systems to restore its equilibrium following benzo use, as fucking up GABA can take a long time to recover from. But they all agreed that a full recovery is possible, only that it can take a long and painful time.

I will find those links and post them, but the point is that you have got through the worse. At the very worst you only have one year of PWS left. But it could start clearing any day, week, or month now. THere is no way of knowing.

I didn't know any of this when i fell off my benzo quit wagon 6 months in. I might have stuck it out a bit longer at the time if I'd known.

Thanks for that .I'm really feeling quite hopeless ATM, so some good news would be welcome
I also had some very bad reactions to the 2 Astra Zenica covid vaccinations I had in 2021, plus coupled with my age, things just seem to be bleak, as far as a decent state of health goes