View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3-MeO-PCP and vivid dream recollection

Nervewing

Bluelighter
Hello, I am curious as to whether anyone here has experienced anything like this from 3-MeO-PCP:
(I wrote a report on this but I am asking now because of a concerted effort to observe this effect) (A previous experience I've had with this can be found here: https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=107731 (the third report on the page))
Essentially, I have an extremely coherent and intense recollection of my dreams when I combine a high enough dose with cannabis. It's like I get to replay them from several snapshots in my memory, as though I am leafing through an album where each entry is a different dream. I can latch onto any of them and follow them through their progression as if I'm watching a replay from the first person. It's not explicitly THAT vivid, but it's like I am sailing along the essence of each oneiric experience through my memory. It feels as though I am recalling my dreams with the same acuity as I an recall my waking memory. Some of them I had forgotten, but they were retrieved from deep in my memory, as if they are all stored away somewhere. T
hey flow into each other like free association- little snippets from one can create continuity with another, and I do not necessarily control which ones I remember or think about, they just flow freely into one another based on those points of continuity.

A general theme I've had with dreams my whole life is a sense of continuity and a constant revisited setting. When I am dissociated enough on 3-MeO-PCP it feels like I can explore this dream world through the stories that I've acted within it. The strangest thing to me is how these were all seemingly forgotten but have been dredged up. I do indeed have no way to prove that this isn't just delusional false memories, but the sense of familiarity is breathtaking.
I have not observed this effect with any other dissociative or any substance for that matter. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah, me too - with dreams it's almost like they are saved in a different "file system" or a "hidden folder" if you get what I mean, once I have access to one snippet it's much easier to recall other seemingly lost ones, and pretty much independent from the time when they were dreamt.. and dissociatives make it much easier, but they also facilitate other things like creativity, fluency in foreign languages or comprehension of complex matter, with the right dosage they're almost nootropic for me - but slightly above that the memory disturbances begin to take over ... (what gives it a gambling factor too)

No, but when I began my disso journey with MXE I had that, vivid recall of past memories. It's quite unique effect when it comes to drugs... and seems to be the first to go when you use more and start gaining tolerance. I haven't had it after those first few times with MXE (which was my first dissociative).

Never with 3-meo-pcp even though I abused it until I had psychosis.

Not with 3-MeO-PCP, no. However when I did ibogaine (which has dissociative action through kappa-opioid agonism, and moreover it just feels very dissociative), I have had much more vivid dream recall ever since (and on the trip).