• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 3-CMC Short Term Neurological Adverse Effects - Anecdotal Report

Diamox

Greenlighter
Hello all,

With the now 1-year old ban of the beloved 3-MMC in the Netherlands, it has become almost impossible to source on the streets in France and european NPS webshops have been shoving down our throats 3-CMC as an alternative.

Being lucky enough to have access to reliable labtesting, I've made a habit of testing every substance I intend to consume. Seeing how scarce 3-MMC had become online, I decided to give it's chlorinated substitute a try and placed an order. Upon receiving 2 grams of it, I labtested it and it was indeed 3-CMC : 2 days binge greenlighted.

As far as effects go, I wasn't really impressed. But here's for the interesting part : two days after that, I woke up to a shooting pain (8/10) in my right shoulder not receeding to acetaminophen, and barely alleviated by 60mg codeine. The pain subsided for about a month though decreasing gradually. I had a somewhat substantial loss of function of my right upper limb and NSAIDs were a big help going through all that time; some paresthesia was present throughought and my right soulder blade wasn't moving in the same way that my left one, in a manner called Scapula Alata.
After the pain had been completely gone, I still had a somewhat limited movement capacity of my left arm though nothing really hindering in everyday activities.

Not having particularly enjoyed my experience with 3-CMC, I sticked with 3-MMC for a few months until I received some that turned out to be 3-CMC. Not wanting to throw it away since, in my opinion at least, it still has some (limited) recreational potential, I still decided to consume it. And, lo and behold, my condition worsened and I felt my left shoulder movements were once again diminished, though this time without the pain.

After discussing my symptoms with a friend who happens to be a neurology intern, he told me about the Parsonage-Turner Syndrome which is, in broad terms, a nerve inflammation that causes pretty much every symptoms I experienced (https://www.edimark.fr/Front/frontpost/getfiles/24780.pdf this link goes into much detail about this syndrome. Though it is in French, I'm pretty sure you can find an English version).

Now as you may or may not know, there is some in vitro evidence that 3-CMC and meta/ortho Chlorine-Substituted Cathinones in general show some amount of neurotoxicity. And maybe this can explain part of all of those symptoms.

So I'm curious to hear if anyone here has had some kind of similar experience with 3-CMC or maybe even 4-CMC.

Anyways, thanks for reading through all of this. Stay safe and cheers !