• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ketamine salts solubility

Status
Not open for further replies.

An interesting modification of dextromoramide. It's a shame that the most facile synthesis still involves an SN2 reaction which results in a mixture of positional isomer. The PLUS side is that both the (R) and (S) enthiomers are virtually equal in activity so the raecemate is very likely a reasonable target.

Dextromoramide is generally accepted as being x3 morphine in potency and the above apparently has slightly higher affinity although interestingly, since it's an in-silico design, the researchers calculate in the energy lost due to binding rather than the more traditional Ki. I would be interested to know if the Ki can be calculated by energy value and vice versa.

2-aminobenzoic%20acid.png

PURPLE_GRAPE_FLAVOR
2-aminobenzoic acid

1-(2-aminophenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

THE_GRAPE_APE
1-(2-aminophenyl)-2-aminopropane

If It Smells Good, Then Do It.

^ not a new compound at all. However the potency in vivo is nowhere near as high as is suggested by in vitro. ED50 32ug/kg in guinea pigs. In humans it is not that potent (fentanyl level potency)
Patent is 1972 to Sanko company, Chem Pharm Bull (Japan) 2050-2057 (1970)

I don't understannd this obsession with in vitro potency over everything, are you playing some kind of smackhead top trumps?

Safer opioids would be a good thing and super potent /= safer
Dezocine based compounds with reduced respiratory depression and or ceiling effect would be a better approach if harm reduction really was your priority

I never claimed it was a new compound and actually included hotlinks to the references.

I am simply attempting to provide anyone interested with ALL the hotlinks I have access to so that they can study the various classes of opioid.

Sorry for the late response, I missed your post.

BTW elsewhere I have repeatedly stated that hugely potent opioids are extremely dangerous. Many people still rely on eyeballing doses so anything more than about ten times morphine in potency carries the extreme risk of overdose. When you reach compounds like carfentanil that are now on the street, it's reaching the limits of dilution when in a solid format. There are ways but it's not much of a surprise to realize that such compounds, compounds which find legitimate use in veterinary are produced as solutions.

It's also worth noting that potency varies between individuals and so while the press is keen to list carfentanil as x10000 morphine, the variability can be quite massive. It's a known issue within the field of anesthesia.

2-(4-methoxyphenyl)-1-aminocyclohexane.png

A_REAL_ASS_KICKER
2-(4-methoxyphenyl)-1-aminocyclohexane

N-allyl-2-phenyl-1-aminocyclohexane.png

FASTER_PUSSYCAT
N-allyl-2-phenyl-1-aminocyclohexane

N,N-di-allyl-lysergamide.png

HARVARD
N,N-di-allyl-lysergamide

2-(4-methylphenyl)-1-methylaminocyclohexane.png

BILLY
2-(4-methylphenyl)-1-methylaminocyclohexane

1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-4-aminocyclohexane.png

YANA
1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-4-aminocyclohexane

Last edited:

Above is a link to a fantastic paper which not only comprehensively documents the QSAR of every cocaine homologue documented, but it also correctly identifies the fact that methylphenidate and mazindol which chemically distinct, produce psychostimulation via the same pathways.

The other major class of psychostimulants are the amphetamines but people sometimes don't recognize that desoxypipradrol and homologues, nomifensine and homologues and various other stimulants such as fencamfamine (and homologues), phenmetrazine (and homologues) and even the 1,2-diaryl-2-amino-ethan-1-one derivatives all contain within them the alpha methyl phenylethylamine (amphetamine) scaffold within them*.

*In a few examples the benzene ring is replaced by other aromatic rings but such a modification appears to universally reduce activity.

Is it a kappa agonist? 😮

A good question. The thing is, diprenorphine (M-5050) was discovered in 1965 as part of Dr. Kenneth W. Bentley's extensive QSAR study of the ethenomorphinans which he and his team began studying in 1962 and which are generally referred to as 'Bentley compounds'.

What I've just noted is that it was a Belgian researcher who decided that applying the Diels-Alder reaction to as many natural compounds as they could think of. Obviously nature is a great source of dienes and so thebaine and oripavine were interesting targets as a decade before US researchers had noted that modification of the C-ring in phenanthracene opioids could significantly increase activity.

What it's important to know is that what Bentley was originally seeking was a cheaper alternative to codeine specifically for use in compound analgesics such as co-codamol. After all, if one could replace 8.4mg of codeine phosphate with, say, 1μg of etorphine (M-99), at scale it would prove to be a worthwhile saving. Obviously the logic was that being compound analgesics, the paracetamol would stop someone from simply eating a whole box full of tablets...

But of course he was disappointed that very few of the compounds discovered were active orally. In fact it was 7-PET and not etorphine that ended up being the candidate but by that point it was recognized that people had worked out how to extract the codeine from co-codamol and the same technique would have allowed 7-PET to be extracted and that would not be a good thing.

I believe a lab accident in 1965 in which almost the entire team were accidentally poisoned by one of the more potent homologues that meant that someone in the team decided that finding an effective antidote was an important task and diprenorphine had displayed the most potent antagonist activity of the series.

I feel it's a terrible loss that their is almost no record of the events surrounding the discovery and development of these compounds. Snippets have been written including how buprenorphine was tested - members of the team were used as subjects which is when they discovered that nausea and vomiting were a particular issue.

It's worth noting that etorphine is always supplied with an equal amount of diprenorphine to treat accidental poisonings. In nations where carfentanil is used to sedate large animals... diprenorphine is also supplied as a treatment for such accidents.

5-phenyl-2-amino-4,5-dihydro-3-aza-4-methylfuran.png

U4EUH
5-phenyl-2-amino-4,5-dihydro-3-aza-4-methylfuran

5-phenyl-2-amino-4,5-dihydro-3-aza-4-methylthiophene.png

MUFFIN
5-phenyl-2-amino-4,5-dihydro-3-aza-4-methylthiophene

5-phenyl-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylcyclopent-2-ene.png

RALPH
5-phenyl-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylcyclopent-2-ene

5-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylcyclopent-2-ene.png

MOSS
5-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylcyclopent-2-ene

5-(4-methylphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylcyclopent-2-ene.png

STERLING
5-(4-methylphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylcyclopent-2-ene

5-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylcyclopent-2-ene.png

BUTTERS
5-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylcyclopent-2-ene

4,5-dihydro-5-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene.png

CARMEN
4,5-dihydro-5-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene

4,5-dihydro-5-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene.png

PANCHO
4,5-dihydro-5-(4-methoxyphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene

4,5-dihydro-5-(4-methylthiophenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene.png

LEFTY
4,5-dihydro-5-(4-methylthiophenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene

4,5-dihydro-5-(4-methylphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene.png

DEXTER
4,5-dihydro-5-(4-methylphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene

4,5-dihydro-5-(3,4,5-trimethylphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene.png

TERRA_INCOGNITA
4,5-dihydro-5-(3,4,5-trimethylphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene

4,5-dihydro-5-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene.png

BERSERKEN
4,5-dihydro-5-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylthiophene

4,5-dihydro-5-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylfuran.png

BOYSENBERRY
4,5-dihydro-5-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenyl)-2-amino-3-aza-4-methylfuran

For All I Know, This Series Is As Toxic As Anything.

Last edited:
1-phenyl-1-(methylthio)-2-methylaminopropane.png

JAIME_SETH_EVANS_TROXLER
1-phenyl-1-(methylthio)-2-methylaminopropane

He's A Smooth Operator!

1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-1-(methylthio)-2-methylaminopropane.png

JIM_AARON_BAAL_EMORY
1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-1-(methylthio)-2-methylaminopropane

Think Applebee's.

diallylsulfur.png
diallylsulfur.png
CH2=CH-CH2-S-CH2CH=CH2

ALLICIN_WONDERLAND
diallylsulfide

Antimicrobial found in Garlic.
Wards off vampiristas.
May be an anesthetic gas.

Last edited:
N-(2,2-dichloroacetyl)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-1-hydroxy-3-oxo-2-aminopropane.png

ALFRED_NOBEL
N-(2,2-dichloroacetyl)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-1-hydroxy-3-oxo-2-aminopropane

Oral antibiotic (ring activated chloramphenicol analog).

Plan B:

N-(2,2-dichloroacetyl)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-1-amino-3-oxo-2-aminopropane.png

ALEXANDER_FLEMING
N-(2,2-dichloroacetyl)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-1-amino-3-oxo-2-aminopropane

1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-methylamino-1,3-dioxopropane.png

KING_ANDRIEUX_THE_X
1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-methylamino-1,3-dioxopropane

I was looking for a robust antibiotic with recreational and anti-Parkinson characteristics. Don't know what I found.

Last edited:
1-phenyl-2-aminopropane.png

SIMPLY_ANDREW
1-phenyl-2-aminopropane

He Who Understands AMP Understands All Things.

1-(3,4-dimethylphenyl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

NEW_CAR_SMELL_AMPHETAMINE
1-(3,4-dimethylphenyl)-2-methylaminopropane

1-(2-methoxy-3,4-dimethylphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

EMILY_STORY_JOHNSON_PENNINGTON
1-(2-methoxy-3,4-dimethylphenyl)-2-aminopropane

1-(2-methoxy-4,5-dimethylphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

JASON_LINKIN_PARK_JONES
1-(2-methoxy-4,5-dimethylphenyl)-2-aminopropane

THE_JASON_MNEMONIC: July August September October November

Ugi reaction for the synthesis of 4-aminopiperidine-4-carboxylic acid derivatives. Application to the synthesis of carfentanil and remifentanil

Tetrahedron Letters 2010-jun vol. 51 iss. 22, 2010

Author(s): Sandra Malaquin; Mouhamad Jida; Jean-Claude Gesquiere; Rebecca Deprez-Poulain; Benoit Deprez; Guillaume Laconde

Anyone wondering why carfentanil is now becoming common on the streets of North America need look no further. It's worth noting that the scope of the synthesis allows for the pendent benzene to be swapped for other aromatics AND the inclusion of a beta-hydroxy moiety which renders the products 6-8x more potent.

2-propylamino-1-phenyl-1-methoxypropane.png

JAMES
2-propylamino-1-phenyl-1-methoxypropane

One Time, Beavis & Butthead Said, "We're Sorry, James, You Suck."

I Would Try It, Though.

Status
Not open for further replies.