View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2cb for chronic pain??

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
not sure if this is the correct place to post...searched but couldn't find much.

does anyone have experience or knowledge on the subject of 2cb use on chronic pain? especially auto immune, inflammatory, or arthritic pain.

apparently 2cb is a weak agonist of 5ht2a or possibly an antagonist (according to wiki ?)

I've read the studies on tryptamine use and TNF as well as end of life and rheumatoid arthritis.

do phenethylamines share this same property? specifically 2cb?

- 2C-B greatly enhances bodily sensations for me so at least during the experience it doesn't seem great at all for painful conditions (but of course if it were very medicinal it could be worth it, but you would have to give plenty of background info on what the studies or claims are that you are wondering about?)

- iirc psychedelics like 2C-B can modulate the immune system but I couldn't begin to tell you how or if it is positive or negative or of any possible help other than that yes 5HT2A agonists can inhibit TNFalpha. But as 2C-B is not a proper 5HT2A agonist that is a second reason why it wouldn't be a good candidate. You can't generalize all phenethylamines. Enough of them should be suitable being proper 5HT2A agonists. I guess see if you can track down some sort of list to get an idea of the efficacy on 5HT2A agonists and pick a high efficacy one that is still safe enough and manageable. I would skip NBOMe's even if they are likely candidates. Of course dosage does compensate for all that efficacy, but only to a certain extent. It's reasonable if no amount of 2C-B turns what it does at 5HT2A into what you're looking for.

I don't know if you'd always want to be tripping though and if non-psychedelic 5HT2A agonists would be better as experimental medication. Like ones that do not inhibit mGluR2 or ones that are only peripherally active.
Like maybe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AL-34662 ? Although the question is the exact mechanism of TNF alpha inhibition, also of course this is just an example and probably not possible to track down, nor can I encourage taking random substances. In the end, psychedelics may for now be a better bet if you want to avoid somehow missing the effects on TNF alpha with atypicals.

Last edited:
I have a sneaking suspicion that psychedelics actually enhance the immune system. I believe they also diminish pain to a great degree. Your mileage may vary, though. I think if you believe it will work, then it just might. I definitely wouldn't want to take 2c-b with any sort of great frequency, because variety is the spice of life, and moderation is key.