• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C unknown, HEALTH PROBLEMS: Breathing Difficulties/ Chest Discomfort side effect

zerogravy

Greenlighter
Hello folks,

I am posting today about an unfortunate event which occurred to a friend of mine recently.

They took an unknown chemical believe to be 2C-B or 2C-E, and had a very unpleasant experience. They reported feeling extremely hypertensive, with vasoconstrictive feelings in their legs, a massive heart rate, and seemingly difficulties with breathing. This was desribed as a heavy feeling, similar to a mild asthma feeling.
Two days later, they are still feeling these effects to a more minor degree, but are concerned that this could be a permanent side effect.
Estimated dose was 10mg.

Has anyone else experienced this before? And with which 2C-x?
They also described a 'blinding' effect during the trip, where everything seemed more blurry in their peripherals, very spun up.

Any thoughts?

-zerogravy

2c’s are a wide range with differeing effects from the dangerous 2C-x-nbomes to generally gentle things like 2C-B,C,D - yes side effects are possible with many 2C-E included but it’s pointless anyone trying to guess an unknown drug (and not forum policy I believe) and maybe not a good idea to take one either

Actually I've had that with 2C-C when I i.m.ed it so it doesn't have to be an NBOMe to produce that. (Well the breathing thing and malaise, I don't think I was "extremely hypertensive" but somewhat), rather than a body load it was more like a bad sign from my vitals. I was not particularly anxious.

I will not be i.m.ing phens again personally as a choice. It's not helpful that you don't know what drug it was and only estimate the dose, because now you don't know what you can choose to avoid. Yes it could have been a potentially harmful drug, or it could have been a benign one like I took but taken in a way that makes it gnarly. Was it insufflated? If so, don't do that, cause it can make the effects heavier including harsher on the body.

Yes, this is definitely not going to happen again!

Interesting that you've experienced a similar thing, Solipsis.

However, this event happened after a oral ingestion.

The phenethylamine class seems to carry substantial health risks that are more apparent in some people. To me, I feel like poisoning is happening at some level when I dose them, so I just keep to low dosages and avoid the more uncomfortable ones. Perhaps trying a tryptamine like 4-aco-dmt or 4-ho-met may be a safer route for some.

Worrisome feelings are not necessarily dangerous effects and also, last weekend I took 4-HO-MET which I hadn't done in a long time and got similar effects, feeling really weird and unpleasant in my chest. That is definitely not normal for me and it has not happened often to me at all.
I guess it was a little different in the sense that 4-HO-MET didn't just make me feel like I was having some allergic reaction but also that I had no idea about being able to breathe on my own just like DMT can 'take my breath away'. The latter is about as harmless as hyperventilation I think.

Point is: I don't think you can generalize or assume that phens carry substantial health risks based on how they make you feel. If they are able to make you feel quite bad, that you can take seriously itself.