• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-I Subthread] Combinations

2C-I and LSD is a really nice combo. Very bright visuals.
I'd say drop the LSD and take the 2C-I about 2 hours in. If you took the 2C-I before the LSD, you would definitely come down while still decently feeling the effects of the LSD and I could imagine that has potential to not go too well.

I've only taken 2C-I and LSD together once, this past new years at a warehouse party. I was prepping for the event earlier in the night, and somehow my last 30mg of mxe that I loaded into a syringe to bring with me leaked out of the syringe. I got really agitated so I dropped my LSD (400mcg) a bit earlier than intended (around 9pm) and then IMd 40mg of k right after I threw the microdots in my mouth (I was pretty pissed off about losing that MXE... LOL) Smoked a bong and then my friends came over and we finished prepping and left. I took 14mg of 2C-I around 11pm and then 100mg of MDA around 1am. Was bumping k all night, and puffed 3 joints of high quality weed (one had some hash oil) as well. Was very good... Intense visually, and mentally but I had no problems socializing, which I found myself wanting to do often. Very analytical. I would sometimes stand up close, on the side and just watch the DJs mix for a bit which greatly heightened my desire to start producing my own music.

I think 2C-I is the best 2c to combine with LSD... I find 2c-i to be quite similar to lsd, a bit more visual and stimulating but not as mentally deep. A small dose of 2c-i to supplement low dose lsd as you have planned should compensate for an otherwise weak lsd trip, but adding a nice element of it's own that doesn't clash at all

Last edited:
2C-I and LSD is a really nice combo. Very bright visuals.
I'd say drop the LSD and take the 2C-I about 2 hours in. If you took the 2C-I before the LSD, you would definitely come down while still decently feeling the effects of the LSD and I could imagine that has potential to not go too well.

Great to hear that you liked them together. All the feedback I've seen is quite positive, so I'm pretty excited about the combo.

As for timings, I generally feel OK when I come down from 2C or other psychs, so I'm not too worried about the tail end. My biggest concern is not getting much oomph out of the 2C-I if I take it second, since this is what some of the posters in the acid & 2C-E thread were saying.

It seems like taking the 2C-I second worked fine for you, but you were full-on crushing your dome with everything you could get your hands on, so it's hard to say what was going on in there. Haha. Have you ever taken them together without any other substances (or maybe just with THC)?

Unfortunately I haven't taken 2c-i and lsd together besides that one experience.

What were your planned dosages, since you said you're concerned with not getting enough out of the 2c-i?
I think anything over 20mg, even in combination with a small/moderate dose of LSD (250mcg) could be a bit intense.

2c-e lasts a little bit longer than 2c-i for me, and maybe it's the same for the posters in that other thread, which is why they recommended you switch the order.
I couldn't see how taking the LSD first would drain the receptors, not letting the 2c-i work to it's full potential. It's only the case of 3 hours, tops. I believe the synapses would still be firing and little to no tolerance would have built up at that point, but that's just speculation.

I was planning on taking a drop of acid (about 100 mics) and around 16 mg of 2C-I. These are both much lower than my preferred doses for either substance (300 mics and 20-25 mg), but it's all I have at the moment, which is why I'm considering the combo.

The concern expressed in that thread was not about depletion/tolerance but the acid's stronger affinity for the same receptors, which would prevent the 2C-I from binding successfully. However, to be honest, I'm not sure why this would matter when both doses are way below saturation. I'm probably just over-thinking it.

Those doses seem fine. I would guess that it will probably "feel" like at least 300mcg of LSD, but obviously with the 2C-I element. I usually like to take higher doses of 2c's (25+mg of 2c-e, 22+mg of 2c-b) so I could see why you feel like it may not be strong enough but there is definitely a synergy present, and both drugs are potentiated. I had only done 2c-i once (at 50mg nontheless...) before I decided to take it with LSD, out of a gut-feeling that it would be reaaaally good. (I think of 2c-i as like "party-acid" lol)

Another reason I'd take the LSD first, is because you want to have an LSD experience. If you take the 2c-i first, that will serve as the "background" so to speak, and then you'd just be adding bits of the lsd to the 2c-i, especially since it's 100~mcg, it won't be like redosing... just subtle bits of lsd to the 2c-i.

Again this is just speculation as I don't have firsthand experience. Regardless, I'd say you're in for a good time and hope you have a nice trip.

Also; you could always plug the 2c-i if you don't think it will be enough orally... If you do decide to do that though, I would definitely take the LSD first, then wait 2-3hours and plug the 2c-i.

Is the combination of 2c-i and MDA dangerous?

I am asking in regards to the article "Morbidity involving the hallucinogenic designer amines MDA and 2C-I" published on PubMed. Apparently the woman had an underlying condition which contributed to the death, but I was wondering how many of you had experiences with the combination of MDA and 2c-i, and what your opinions were.

I've tried 2c-i in dosages of up to 30 mg oral and 10 mg insufflated, and MDA at 100 mg oral (didn't have a profound effect on me). I plan to try the MDA at 150 mg, and then was considering trying a later combination (weeks later) of maybe 100 mg MDA and 10 mg 2c-i.

Pharmacologically, it doesn't seem that the combo would be neurotoxic or otherwise dangerous, unless of course taken at very high dosages, and in conjunction with previous underlying circulatory problems.

What are yalls experiences with this combo? I don't seem to see too many on here or Erowid.

I can't speak for the combo myself but idont think it would be dangerous. The only thing I would be worried about is overstimulation. 2ci is extremely stimulating by itself for me. Keep the doses of both low and you should be fine.

I've tried 2c-i and MDMA, and it was great. Wasn't overstimulating and I don't think that's such a big risk, as 2c-i and MDMA are both only mildy stimulating in reasonable doses.

I'm not 100% sure about MDA but I don't see why it would be different.

No, there are no specific dangers for this combination, only the usual ones for combining psychedelics and SRAs

I took some pills with mdma and 2c-i in them. Took two friday night and then took two the next night. Was fine the first night then the second night really got way too overstimulated and freaked out quite a bit. I geuss if you just do a reasonable or small dose you won't have any trouble.

Agreed about the overstimulation. I have taken 2C-I with methylone together with a friend in the past and it was a little much, he freaked out but I am positive it is because we also added ketamine, nitrous and possibly cannabis at some point during the experience. That was back in the day when pushing the envelope seemed like a good idea.
His issues were purely psychological though.

Anyway I think there is just added unpredictability and multiplied stimulation risks but nothing special.

I can think of better 2C's to combine with MDA.

Does anyone have any experience combining 2c-i with MXE?
I might try this out soon because I'll have both. I have combined psy and dis together in the past, and it never fails to be an intense trip :D
I could only find a total of one trip report on it and was wondering if anyone else could chip in.

I preloaded with 5 HTP and Vitamin C, and postloaded with 5 HTP, Vitamin C, and L-Tyrosine.

My first experience was really great at 10 mg 2c-i insufflated and 20 mg MXE oral with 10 mg bump every hour to 2 hours for a total of 70 mg lasting 12 hours. The 2c-i was not very profound during this trip apart from the beginning before the MXE kicked in. I feel like the MXE mellowed the 2c-i out and I had a really great, relaxed, controlled trip. It was very enjoyable, and I just had a great feeling of content and peace. There was a long lasting feeling of well-being for over a week after this trip...although nothing too crazy or profound happened during this trip.

Now with only a slight tweak in dosage (and I believe more potent MXE) I experienced COMPLETE EGO DEATH. I did 10 mg 2c-i rectally (I know, but I really hate snorting it!), 5 mg 2c-i snorted (I could tolerate this small amount), and 30 mg MXE (with no redose!). I remember lying down and when I woke up after a while I really thought I had died...I accepted the fact, and begin to ascend through these levels like a video game which got more and more intense and more and more psychedelic...I feel like I experienced everything and had the most beautiful visions/visuals I have ever encountered (similar to amazing fractals and heavenly vision art I have seen on the internet)-and they were very real. At points I was a god, a ball of light, some strange electrical entity, electricity--there were points where I had fully discovered the matrix, and traveled through it...eventually (after about 4-5 hours) I woke up, but was still very much tripping-I thought I was one of the few human survivors left behind after a massive escape from the matrix-like I was a martyr left to distract all that was to destroy mankind and somehow make it back to the rest of the human species. I experienced heaven, hell, death, birth, robotic states, animal states. At one point I spoke to a friend on skype, and I swear he was artificially intelligent program that was glitching and playing recorded responses...at one point I went outside and could see the framework of the universe as well as the physical environment reacting to my thoughts-like I was controlling rain, wind, and animals. I seriously think I was in my own controlled universe--but this was my real body walking around. I would NOT have been able to handle this had I not had a lot of experience in the past with strong doses of psychedelics (LSD-trips ranging from 2-8 hits, DMT, 5-Meo-DMT-ego death but not as long or profound as the MXE/2c-i, psilocybin-doses from half-eight to a quarter, 2c-i alone with largest dose being 30 mg oral, MXE alone-10-20 mg doses with redosing every 1-2 hours, salvia 50x). The reason I list all of these is because I feel I was able to take every experience I've had, including general life experiences to survive this trip...it really took a strong mindset and took a lot out of me. I felt weak after the trip, and scared like a baby. The day after I was thankful for all that I have and have a very gentle approach to life. I feel stronger and stronger gradually while maintaining my ego. Maintaining the ego is most important, because a trip will PUNISH you if you don't. Respect all that is holy, the drug the universe, energy, and the reason we are here--to be an ever flowing energy.

So does anyone have any experience with the 6-apb/2c-i combination? I've got some experience with both, and they seem quite synergetic due to the long duration.

I have a question about MDMA + 2C-i combination. I would like to try this but i don't know how much i should take both of them and in which order. I haven't yet tried 2C-I so I think i'll try 2C-I alone (15-20mg?). What kind of doses have you been taking with MDMA and 2C-I combo?

Whenever I've tried combining the two (always taking the 2ci first), the 2ci actually obscured the MDMA (though the MDMA made things nice and comfy). Never had a problem with overstimulation, but I tolerate the adrenergic effects of stimulants quite well.

(pro-tip for tweakers: get a lot of aerobic exercise on a regular basis. . .your body will far better weather the pharmacological insults you throw at it)

ebola

I have combined 2c-i and molly and had a blast but the MDMA euphoria seemed a dimmed down so either the 2c-i drowns some of the euphoria or I was sold Bk which is more likely as both were bought at a club in houston which was flooded with methylone and booty coke at the time lol. Either way it was fun and in no way seemed dangerous.

I'm thinking about getting some 2C-I to combine with bk-MDMA when my 2C-B runs out (which will be very soon unfortunately). I really loved 2C-I on its own, much more than 2C-B, so I hope I will enjoy it with methylone more than I did 2C-B, though that combination seems extremely magical and hard to top.