View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-I as an anti-inflamatory?

perpetualdawn

Bluelighter
DOI is known to be a potent anti-inflamatory. Other psychedelics are also meant to have an anti-inflamatory effect. I'm wondering if anyone knows about 2C-I in this regard. Is there any reason to think that 2C-I should also be promising as an anti-inflamatory? It's very close in structure to DOI, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm wondering if it would be a better candidate for being an anti-inflamatory than say 2C-E or LSD.

Most psychedelics are anti-inflammatory to a degree. DOI is one of the ones that has a study behind it because it's got a pretty wide spectrum of 5h2a receptor activity, iirc--it's the posterchild psychedelic for studies on how psychedelics affect the body.

I suspect 2c-i would have an anti-inflammatory effect, but not as strong as DOI.

Why do you ask? While psychedelics are anti-inflammatory, they are usually not a good candidate for regular medicinal use. (I've tried it.)

A lot of psychedelics but especially 2C-X seem to have immunological effects, not sure though what benefit or disadvantage there is?... Careful when you're not feeling well I guess, but can it also be a 'remedy' by activating the immune system?

Why do you ask? While psychedelics are anti-inflammatory, they are usually not a good candidate for regular medicinal use. (I've tried it.)

I ask because mostly out of curiosity, but also because I was thinking of using a sub-threshold amount to help keep down inflammation during a long run, instead of ibuprofen, which can be hard on the guts. Thanks for sharing your link.

I think this is a really stupid idea.

There is very little know what happens when you do these drugs regularly, even in low doses. Additionally, you will get impure stuff on the black market and the impurities pose a serious risk. For legal drugs like you will get pharmaceutical grade chemical.

Please discuss this with a doctor. Perhaps she or he knows better routes of administration or other drugs to help you.

For me 2C-I and pretty much all psychedelics dramatically cause inflammation and I usually take Advil during almost every trip.
However, I also get random bouts of extreme muscle tension/ cramps every day so I very well may some sort if inflammation disorder.
Nsaids are my bread and butter.

I find that 2C-x compels me to drink a ton of water, and if I don't keep up with these urges I can get headaches. I'm not sure if you're using the advil for headaches specifically, or for inflammation in general, but I thought I'd mention that in case it helps you with headaches.

Come to think of it, this need to drink a lot of extra water might preclude me from using 2C-I for a long run, as it's hard enough to stay hydrated as is.

I think this is a really stupid idea.

There is very little know what happens when you do these drugs regularly, even in low doses. Additionally, you will get impure stuff on the black market and the impurities pose a serious risk. For legal drugs like you will get pharmaceutical grade chemical.

Please discuss this with a doctor. Perhaps she or he knows better routes of administration or other drugs to help you.

Hold up! I never said I was going to use this regularly, I'm talking about a on-off thing as an experiment to see how 2C-I performs as an anti-inflammatory. Also I'm not talking about impure black market material as you said, as there's nothing illegal about it in my jurisdiction. If you'll excuse me saying so, talking to the doctor about taking 3mg of 2C-I is a stupid idea.

Please discuss this with a doctor.
Right. Like his doctor's gonna know what 2c-i is or be amenable to being explained to about it.

People have reported mescaline-containing cacti being really good for long distance runs/exercise. Maybe take a chomp out of a cactus before running :p

^ Good call. I think peyote is pretty important for Tarahumara (indigenous people from N. Mexico, famous for their impressive endurance running), and they are said to use the mescaline cacti for endurance.

My recollection of 2C-I from long ago was that it was generally inflammatory. You are looking for medicine for a long run? I recommend skipping the drugs entirely and look into Osha root. Within a few seconds of chewing a piece you will have increased oxygen to your brain. Not going to look up scholarly articles for you on this but they exist. Ligusticum porteri. Also great for altitude sickness! I chew Osha on hikes and bike rides and it is the shit. I think I even read an article where they were trying to decide if it counts as a performance enhancing drug due to it's amazing effects. It's also a really great antiviral, it's my first line of defense when sick fucks are around.

edit: also Osha is strongly anti-inflammatory

^ Good call. I think peyote is pretty important for Tarahumara (indigenous people from N. Mexico, famous for their impressive endurance running), and they are said to use the mescaline cacti for endurance.

I remember once after eating cactus I went running through the woods, and it felt entirely effortless. I ran fast with an easy, natural gait, for quite some distance, and when I stopped I was not even breathing hard, it felt like I hadn't exerted myself at all.

I couldn't tell you, however, I have taken mushrooms while i was very congested and it only seemed to make it worse

I think mushrooms cause a kind of histamine response, which causes the runny nose. This is based on no science, just my hunch from observing my body on mushrooms. There's a topic on this right now on this forum that I haven't gone through yet. If it is a histamine type of thing, that would be separate from anti-inflamatory properties, ie. mushrooms could cause a histamine response, yet be anti-inflamatory.

I've never noticed the runny nose or congestion from the synthetic tryptamines, so I wonder if there's something other than psilocybin that's causing this in mushrooms.

I had used 2c-e, and sometimes other 2c-x compunds, for about 4 months when I was younger. It worked well for my chronic pain, as a good minor stimulant and I stopped having migraines after. Now I can assume the first two were a direct result of the use, the third easily could have been the time in my life. (growing out of my teens) I was using it at like 2.5-5mg doses daily.

I found it to be not too hard on the body. I wouldn't suggest it because the mental effects start to leave you... off. The bad kinds of "creative thinking" starts to emerge.

Hope this helps!