• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] Comparisons to Other Substances

With 2c-e, the closed eye visuals were just absolutely absurd, and totally phantasmagical, if that even makes sense to anyone.

The one thing that I really noticed with 2c-e compared to other substances is how profound its synthesia is,
I was literally seeing sounds, feeling music, tasting colors... any combination you could think of was essentially happening.

I've only done 2ce twice now. A 20mg dose and a 15 mg dose. The experiences were so wildly different. Everyone saying how malleable 2ce is. I thought it was just a function of the different dosage.
I found 15 mg to be visually a lot like acid, but without the anxiety and novel thoughts.
20 mg had me floating in and out of 3d hallucinations for a few hours. For like 15 minutes I really thought my brain had been implanted in a cybernetic panther and that I lived in a future, sand-swallowed Beijing. The illusions were so tactile and real, it was an amazing experience.
The funny thing was I expected a speedy psychedelic the first time I took it (the 20mg time) so it totally blind-sided me. I almost went to a movie for Christ's sake.

Higher doses of 2ce can be like ketamine, except way more speedy and tactile.

So I'm buying more 2C-E soon, but I also want to get another 2Cx just to try something new. I have I, T2, T7 and B available to me (with B being the most expensive so I would prefer one of the others on this occasion at least). Which is the most profound, "spiritually" enlightening, etc.? I am looking to really explore reality here and figure some things out, I live my life basically in pursuit of truth. Which would be the most suitable for these ends? Also has anyone tried combinations of these with 2C-E, I would be interested in trying that as well since I will have two molecules in my possession. Thanks a lot in advance. <3:) oh also this is my second post, glad to be here! just joined today... namaste

^^ I'd say 2C-T-7 seems to be more "profound" than 2C-B or 2C-I, but I only tried 2C-T-7 once. However, I think others that have more experience will agree with me.

all of the above may have the ability to become 'profound' when the set and setting are conducive... but honestly the 'truth' is inside yourself so you'll probably be disappointed if you expect too much. mushrooms have taught me that while the Truth may be visible or accessible in the altered state, you will not be able to interpret or apply it without extended presence here in this realm.

the Truth that lies beyond this plane of existence? you have been given a gift to live out your life in this plane of existence. don't waste your time looking for answers that don't mean anything for the here and now :)

Yes, I totally know what you're saying and my search for truth is continual no matter my state of mind. I am not particularly experienced with psychedelics, but I am past the point of being inexperienced for sure. I just was wondering which of these substances is most conductive for learning. Thanks for your advice l_s_d (heh<3) I have heard good things about t7 from other sources as well... then again I have heard good things about t2 b and i as well. t2 and t7 seem the most interesting to me, though. besides aren't they two of shulgin's "magical half dozen" along with e and b?

I've only tried 2c-e once (13-14mg orally) and I have to say it was almost indistinguishable from 4-aco-dmt which I've tried 3 times before (all orally). If I didn't know any better, I would think that I got jerked by my supplier in that 4-aco-dmt was what he actually gave me. But there were some reasons to think it wasn't 4-aco-dmt (that it was 2c-e is another matter). For one thing, the come up time was about 3 times longer than with 4-aco-dmt. For another, the duration was about twice as long. Third, the intensity at 13-14mg seemed about equal to my experiences with about 20mg of 4-aco-dmt (so if it was 4-aco-dmt it was unusually intense).

A last thing that seemed different was that my thinking became somewhat more philosophical, and I don't remember being that way on 4-aco-dmt (though I can't be too sure of this. I'll have to try 4-aco-dmt again and watch for this). OTOH, I tend to be a philosophical thinking kinda guy to begin with, so it's hard to say whether my philosophical thinking was from the 2c-e or just my natural predisposition coming out.

I feel a bit more confident that it really was 2c-e after reading a few trip reports here on BL as they seem similar to my experience. But I was really expecting something different since this thread seem to convey a dominant theme that 2c-e was a very spiritual (which I don't necessarily equate with philosophical thinking) and emotional experience (emotionally, it wasn't that intense at all), that it made one very introspective (which I guess might describe my experience), and was overall everyone's favorite phenelthylamine. This I don't understand if their experiences were anything like mine. My one 2c-c trip I had before the 2c-e was way more exciting, emotional, spiritual, and highly visual (another thing 2c-e was lacking) than my 2c-e trip (those are the only two 2c's I've tried so far), and 2c-c received hardly any recognition in that thread.

OTT, the philosophical frame of mind I experienced was, in some respects, similar to my thinking on 4-aco-dmt in that it felt very confused and disorganized (unlike my 2c-c experience in which my thoughts felt very clear and centered) and the impetus to philosophize felt like my way of trying to sort out my thoughts, though in the case of 4-aco-dmt, the impetus was to sort out emotional issues rather than to philosophize. It makes me wonder whether what one thinks about is a matter of what one has recently been through, which would make sense out of both my 2c-e and 4-aco-dmt experiences. Another recurring theme in the above thread was that 2c-e has barely any body load, and this was not the case for me. Like 4-aco-dmt, the nausia was definitely noticeable. It was still tolerable and I got through it within an hour or so, but this was all too similar to my 4-aco-dmt experience (maybe this is not what's meant by "body load"). And finally, I'd have to say the visuals were pretty much the same on both 2c-e and 4-aco-dmt, unlike my 2c-c experience in which the visuals were amazingly intense.

Anyway, maybe others can shed some light on this for me. Is it normal for 2c-e to feel somewhat like 4-aco-dmt or does this come as a surprise?

Another recurring theme in the above thread was that 2c-e has barely any body load, and this was not the case for me. Like 4-aco-dmt, the nausia was definitely noticeable.

Anyway, maybe others can shed some light on this for me. Is it normal for 2c-e to feel somewhat like 4-aco-dmt or does this come as a surprise?

No, it certainly does not seem normal for 2C-E to resemble 4-ACO-DMT in effects. At least they are very different for me...

But you really can't accurately assess the qualitative aspects of a psychedelic from just one experience. It usually takes several experiences for the 'character' of a psych to fully unfold and manifest. And sometimes later experiences can seem to almost contradict the earlier ones.

Also, while reading your post, I got the sense that maybe you could benefit from not trying to define the effects of these chemicals quite yet... both 2C-E and psilacetin are more or less "full spectrum" psychedelics... they are both emotional, philosophical, spiritual, etc, at different times for different people. Don't get too caught up in descriptive generalizations... especially with very broad terms such as "spiritual" or "philosophical"... it doesn't seem to communicate very much, and anyways the map is not the territory you know ;)

And I really don't know where you got the idea that 2C-E doesn't have a body load. I think most people agree that 2C-E's physical presentation can often be bizarre, disturbing, and uncomfortable...

Thanks PP,

Are there any chemical tests I can do to determine whether the sample I've got is genuine? I'm not a chemist and I don't have a lot of money, so I'm hoping there's something relatively simply and inexpensive that a layman can do.

for me, the bodily sensations that 2C-E gives are FAR from 'bizarre disturbing and uncomfortable'. they are amazingly enjoyable!

during the come-up, i would call it a negative body load, with jittery stimulation and body temperature problems.

but once the trip is in full force (T+3H orally) the amount of tactile enhancement is unmatched by anything i've ever sampled. i was just lying in my bed tripping my face off on the feeling of sheets against my skin. sex makes my entire body flush and glow. warm shower or bath (especially with aromatic oils and salts) is phenomenal. also there is an interesting enhancement of sense of smell, which can be good if you are around delicious food but can bring up nausea if you're not in the mood

4-aco-dmt is more 'philosophical' for me, and while there is indeed some tactile enhancement, it feels more strange and less euphoric than the one that 2c-e gives me.

^as far as tests, you can look up marquis/mecke reagent reactions for most 2c-compounds here on bl. 4-aco-dmt and 2c-e should be easily distinguishable, especially if you still have a sample of each to compare.

I've only tried 2c-e once (13-14mg orally) and I have to say it was almost indistinguishable from 4-aco-dmt which I've tried 3 times before (all orally). If I didn't know any better, I would think that I got jerked by my supplier in that 4-aco-dmt was what he actually gave me. But there were some reasons to think it wasn't 4-aco-dmt (that it was 2c-e is another matter). For one thing, the come up time was about 3 times longer than with 4-aco-dmt. For another, the duration was about twice as long. Third, the intensity at 13-14mg seemed about equal to my experiences with about 20mg of 4-aco-dmt (so if it was 4-aco-dmt it was unusually intense).

13-14 mg of 2C-E could very well be equal in intensity to 20 mg of 4-AcO-DMT. Everyone reacts differently but it is agreed upon that 2C-E is more potent by weight than 4-AcO-DMT. Sounds like 2C-E if the come up was 3 times longer than 4-AcO-DMT. 2C-E usually comes on in about 2 hours and then builds up and 4-AcO-DMT usually comes on in about 30 mins and then builds up for me. Where did you get the idea that what you took was 2C-E when you noticed the come up time was 3 times as long? :\ That's a sure fire way to tell the difference between 2 drugs. I mean honestly!

My one 2c-c trip I had before the 2c-e was way more exciting, emotional, spiritual, and highly visual (another thing 2c-e was lacking) than my 2c-e trip (those are the only two 2c's I've tried so far), and 2c-c received hardly any recognition in that thread.

Do you know what dose of 2C-C you took? If it was highly visual compared to 13-14 mg of 2C-E I am very interested in what the dose was. Al though 13-14 mg of 2C-E is normally fairly visual for myself.

Another recurring theme in the above thread was that 2c-e has barely any body load, and this was not the case for me. Like 4-aco-dmt, the nausia was definitely noticeable. It was still tolerable and I got through it within an hour or so, but this was all too similar to my 4-aco-dmt experience (maybe this is not what's meant by "body load"). And finally, I'd have to say the visuals were pretty much the same on both 2c-e and 4-aco-dmt, unlike my 2c-c experience in which the visuals were amazingly intense.

If you read the thread thoroughly along with pretty much any other thread on 2C-E you will notice that a a recurring theme is that 2C-E most definitely does have a body load. I find the two chemicals extremely distinct, come up wise, duration wise, dose wise, visual wise and the general nature of the trip. IMO 2C-E has less in common with 4-AcO-DMT than LSD has with psylocibin mushrooms.

How Does 2C-E Stack Up Against Other Hallucinogens?

Can 2C-E be compared to other Halucinogens Such as DMT,LSD,Mescaline,Shrooms?

If So Than What Would You Campare it to in terms of Visuals?

If Not then What Would You Campare it to?

It is closest to mescaline but definitely has LSD like qualities to it. Some find the body effects to be a bodyload, i personally find that it energizes me perfectly and gives me a great body feeling. I find the visuals to be made of these neon pastel sort of colors, lots of yellows, blues, purples, reds...if you have ever seen the animated Final Fantasy movie The Spirits Within, the way they depict the ghosts in that movie really resonates with the types of strange geometrical cavorting energy blob thingies that I see all the time on 2c's in particular, but with any psych really. I guess they compared to mushrooms a bit for me too, there's a certain trancey nature to both 2c-e and shrooms for me.

DMT is no comparison really, but I've recently tried DMT while on a combination of 2c-c, 2c-b, and 2c-e and seen something that a voice told me I wasn't supposed to see until I was dead...oh shit, sorry wrong door, my bad. I'll just go back now. lol. Compared to previous dmt experiences without anything else involved, the 2cs seemed to greatly add to the sense of immersion for me. I also found myself listening to myself thinking, the sound of my voice speaking, in my head. I was explaining (to who? I am not sure) that I only wanted to get closer at what I was observing, this shimmering incandescence that seemed to mesmerize me, and I kept maneuvering myself closer and closer saying I just wanted to look closer at it. But the funny thing was, I was watching all this and hearing myself think and react out loud, as if I wasn't really me anymore while I was watching and hearing me do his own thing. I still felt like myself tho while observing myself do all this. The point of all this, the combination of dmt to a 2c was powerful and had me engulfed entirely for a few moments so long as I kept my eyes closed.

hahah, fun times.

Haha Sounds like You had a fun exp.

How many times have you tried 2C-E? Did You Enjoy the trips?

I Have yet to try it yet because i cannot find a reliable supplier unfortunately. -_-

Happy tripping! %)

i've never tried mescaline, and i have limited experience with shrooms. i can say that 2ce has visuals that are comparable in intensity to those of LSD. for me, i've actually gotten more intense visuals on 2ce, but i prefer the LSD trip overall. 2ce comes with some negatives that i don't get with L (headache and stomach pains)

A last thing that seemed different was that my thinking became somewhat more philosophical, and I don't remember being that way on 4-aco-dmt (though I can't be too sure of this. I'll have to try 4-aco-dmt again and watch for this). OTOH, I tend to be a philosophical thinking kinda guy to begin with, so it's hard to say whether my philosophical thinking was from the 2c-e or just my natural predisposition coming out.

I feel a bit more confident that it really was 2c-e after reading a few trip reports here on BL as they seem similar to my experience. But I was really expecting something different since this thread seem to convey a dominant theme that 2c-e was a very spiritual (which I don't necessarily equate with philosophical thinking) and emotional experience (emotionally, it wasn't that intense at all), that it made one very introspective (which I guess might describe my experience), and was overall everyone's favorite phenelthylamine. This I don't understand if their experiences were anything like mine. My one 2c-c trip I had before the 2c-e was way more exciting, emotional, spiritual, and highly visual (another thing 2c-e was lacking) than my 2c-e trip (those are the only two 2c's I've tried so far), and 2c-c received hardly any recognition in that thread.

OTT, the philosophical frame of mind I experienced was, in some respects, similar to my thinking on 4-aco-dmt in that it felt very confused and disorganized (unlike my 2c-c experience in which my thoughts felt very clear and centered) and the impetus to philosophize felt like my way of trying to sort out my thoughts, though in the case of 4-aco-dmt, the impetus was to sort out emotional issues rather than to philosophize. It makes me wonder whether what one thinks about is a matter of what one has recently been through, which would make sense out of both my 2c-e and 4-aco-dmt experiences. Another recurring theme in the above thread was that 2c-e has barely any body load, and this was not the case for me. Like 4-aco-dmt, the nausia was definitely noticeable. It was still tolerable and I got through it within an hour or so, but this was all too similar to my 4-aco-dmt experience (maybe this is not what's meant by "body load"). And finally, I'd have to say the visuals were pretty much the same on both 2c-e and 4-aco-dmt, unlike my 2c-c experience in which the visuals were amazingly intense.

^ This sounds EXACTLY like my initial comparison between 2C-E and 4-AcO-DMT. They do feel quite similar, however I'd have to suggest trying higher doses of both - at higher doses there are more differences than similarities, particularly in the visual and mental departments (though I find the body high and euphoria to be almost identical) - for me the OEVs on 4-AcO-DMT comprise of halos, glowing objects, minor waving/morphing, and at high doses I almost always see an overlay of eyes over my vision. 2C-E on the other hand has very intense morphing, but in terms of overlays the common image I see is of ancient - aztec-like patterns, rather than realistic looking eyes.

In terms of CEVs, 4-AcO-DMT seems to more consistently produce realistic but deformed imagery, like people with no faces, trees with no trunks, round squares, etc - there is also a focus on bright neon colours. 2C-E on the other hand is very artistic and colourful, less abstract and surreal. Lots of swirling colours, and when I do see realistic imagery, it usually is accurate rather than deformed.

As for the head high, I agree about the philosophical thing. I remember on my first trip I said "This makes me feel like I'm Plato or something" - as that was the most distinguishable effect between the two at a lower dose. It is confusing but in a different way to 4-AcO-DMT, on 4-AcO-DMT it feels like my head is an empty vacuum that is absorbing it's surroundings - a very weird trippy feeling that I often used to get on Ketamine too. On 2C-E it's more like "wow too much information" - and I agree about the philosophical thoughts almost being a way of trying to process as much of that information as possible in the short time in which it's given to you.

Given that you said 2C-E wasn't very visual, I have a feeling you eyeballed or used an inaccurate scale and took too little - I did this my first couple of trips and was rather disappointed with 2C-E, then I upped the dose a little and WOW. One thing I will say though, is if this is the case - get a scale or use liquid measurement before upping the dose - it's better to dose too low than too high.

I actually don't hallucinate much visually on LSD, I see all sorts of stuff in my "mind's eye" though. 2ce OTOH has great visuals that beat out shrooms.

LSD headspace is more lingering, it screws with one's sense of reality. Whereas 2ce headspace is more grounded, you know you're tripping even if it's a total mindfuck.

You wake up the next day after 2ce and have a nice molly-like afterglow. You wake up the next day after LSD and your world is still turned upside down.

LSD is awesome, it's like having the Akashic library on tap. But it is also scary because it seems to permanently alter your perspective, whereas 2ce's insights are more grounded.

I believe I have a high tolerance for 2ce due to my 5+ years of ecstasy use which could've been mixed with any other type of drug (never know with pills). so my first time I took the recommended dose 12.5mg. It didn't get me to where i wanted to be so I doubled. It was alright just like e on the come up on the peak I had visuals (first time ever having visuals). the next day I was felling brave and upped my dose to 70 mg, wow I mean all my senses felt extremely amplified I would talk to people and swear I heard what they were thinking. I could smell very faint odors and locate their source sort of like a dog. Of course my vision was was way distorted ,but when i was riding my friends bike wit was like I could see a couple of seconds in to the future (and the world moved forward like on limitless). Ive never rode a bike with so much skill. Also my thoughts took on a life their self ,but thats a little to deep to talk about.I wouldn't do much more than that my girl tried to copy me and ended up with a bad trip swearing that someone was telling her to walk into the light, i wouldn't do over 70 mg. compared to any other drug Ive took 2c-e kicks major ass.

^ This sounds EXACTLY like my initial comparison between 2C-E and 4-AcO-DMT. They do feel quite similar, however I'd have to suggest trying higher doses of both - at higher doses there are more differences than similarities, particularly in the visual and mental departments (though I find the body high and euphoria to be almost identical) - for me the OEVs on 4-AcO-DMT comprise of halos, glowing objects, minor waving/morphing, and at high doses I almost always see an overlay of eyes over my vision. 2C-E on the other hand has very intense morphing, but in terms of overlays the common image I see is of ancient - aztec-like patterns, rather than realistic looking eyes.

In terms of CEVs, 4-AcO-DMT seems to more consistently produce realistic but deformed imagery, like people with no faces, trees with no trunks, round squares, etc - there is also a focus on bright neon colours. 2C-E on the other hand is very artistic and colourful, less abstract and surreal. Lots of swirling colours, and when I do see realistic imagery, it usually is accurate rather than deformed.

As for the head high, I agree about the philosophical thing. I remember on my first trip I said "This makes me feel like I'm Plato or something" - as that was the most distinguishable effect between the two at a lower dose. It is confusing but in a different way to 4-AcO-DMT, on 4-AcO-DMT it feels like my head is an empty vacuum that is absorbing it's surroundings - a very weird trippy feeling that I often used to get on Ketamine too. On 2C-E it's more like "wow too much information" - and I agree about the philosophical thoughts almost being a way of trying to process as much of that information as possible in the short time in which it's given to you.

Given that you said 2C-E wasn't very visual, I have a feeling you eyeballed or used an inaccurate scale and took too little - I did this my first couple of trips and was rather disappointed with 2C-E, then I upped the dose a little and WOW. One thing I will say though, is if this is the case - get a scale or use liquid measurement before upping the dose - it's better to dose too low than too high.

I love this comparison! It's very similar to what I would have said. While on 2C-E I have stated multiple times, "I now understand Aztec art." One of the fixtures of a trip I had was a tree that had morphed into a tribal-looking man (my Tulip Man), in an Aztec style.

I find I am also very philosophical and introspective on 2C-E, even when I can't talk. My thoughts become a whirlwind of revelations and ideas. On the other hand, on 4-AcO, I feel like I cycle between moments of some introspection, and wild euphoria. But maybe that was due to the dose I took.

Also, I feel you on that, OrphicTrench. How have I not seen this thread before?