• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Side Effects and Aftereffects

^ Ginger tea seems to be quite common way to combat nausea. It's strange that you never heared about it.

Personally, I tried it only once, ~1/2 of cup didn't prevent any 2C-I nausea. Maybe I took too less, or maybe tea wasn't correctly prepared, I don't know. I would recommend you to find a recipe.

Does anyone feel that you can't eat before taking it, or else waste it? It seems that with something in the stomach, it is not absorbed enough. I never eat before, never got sick from it, and just enjoy the nasty bodyload that some people don't seem to like.
It doesn't cause much nausea for me. And for the first trip I took 16 mg on full stomach, and believe me, it wasn't a waste. Also despite I feel not really nauseated, I vomited.
I think the only reason for taking psychedelics on empty stomach is avoiding GI discomfort.

I am far from chemistry or pharmacology, but AFAIK generally oral bioavailability(for most drugs taken this way) is higher on full stomach rather than on empty. Of course, recreational use of PEAs may be a different story, as chemicals can have higher bioavailability, but slower absorbance.

Anyway, I didn't notice any significant changes in trip intensity depending on stomach content.
Also, I love your nickname :)

Haha thanks.

I usually have it on an empty stomach, I'll try it differently next time. I'm tripping pretty hard right now. I never really vomited, but I don't at all from anything, even when I try to. Ehh thats not true though, one I threw up really fast when I was drinking haha.

Last edited:
^ Lol, until I tried other drugs, I vomited so many times on alcohol. I often chased the "high" and drank too much, so I vomited. It happened maybe 30-40% of all times I drank alcohol. :)

2C-E and allergies

I am semi-experienced with 2C-E. I also suffer from typical year-round allergies with histamine-related symptoms coming and going all the time. Sometimes psychedelics affect my allergies, sometimes they don't.

On my last 2C-E experience (15mg oral), I experienced a very odd reaction. I was walking around a busy city in the daytime, feeling pretty good but somewhat anxious, and out of nowhere I felt as if I suddenly got "hit" by a micro-allergy attack. It seemed to hit me instantly, as if it was triggered by something I just inhaled in the air (quite possible due to the urban setting). It literally felt like a swarm of itchy particles - think dust or irritating fuzz - was flying around my face. It was such a pronounced feeling that I literally felt like a physical substance had been sprayed at me - obviously this may have been a hallucination unto itself, triggered by anxiety. But I can safely say I never felt anything this pronounced before - again, it felt very "sharp" and I could feel many specific points of irritation. This feeling only lasted for about 30 seconds to a minute, then instantly disappeared.

An hour before the 2C-E experience I took 25mg benadryl as I have heard many suggest this. Typically benadryl doesn't help me much, and I'm not sure if this is related to my reaction. I experienced virtually no body-load during this experience, although my body tends to tolerate 2C-E pretty well, with or without benadryl.

Overall I feel that this reaction was a result of my typical allergic symptoms combined with anxiety. The link to benadryl is as of yet unknown to me. Overall I felt like this experience suggested an interesting link between 2C-E and allergies.

Over the past 3 months, I've taken 2ce 7 times. As others have suggested, I find 25mg - 50mg of Diphenhydramine (bendadryl) to work wonders at combating the body load and nausea; I've never puked from 2ce + diphenhydramine but without the combo, I always do. Ginger tea is also fantastic. Lately I've been a bit more adventurous with my dosage, last time I took about 60mg and came the closest I've ever been to ego death. I started writing notes to "myself" to remind me of who I was. Fun stuff.

Also, it might just me, but I find that my sense of smell is heightened on 2ce. Maybe its just because I always drink tea when I'm on psychedelics, but on 2ce I seem to pay more attention to the more subtle smells of food/tea/my apartment.

Yes, it's definitely a scent-enhancer. Usually this comes with positive results, but it can be overwhelming in uncontrolled settings.

With regards to those reporting Puking from snorting 2c-e

I tried this last night:

- Snorted 4mg of 2c-e
- Waited a few minutes till the effects were already kicking in but BEFORE the taste in my nose made me nauseated
- Blew my nose
- Went on to trip for a solid 5 hours

Typically you don't blow your nose after snorting something, but when the effects of the drug are already well along their way, it's safe to clear out that passage without any fear of "wasting your high" because you are already feeling the effects.

hangovers.. never had one trip that didn't end in a migraine. But damn were they good=). I never get them otherwise. That's the way I view ms. ethylphenethyl. The more gut wrenching nausea I feel coming up the better the trip will be, and expect a headache equally pummeling marking its conclusion.

got new stuff in, i usually do 30mg to get off, dropped 10mg alone and got off way harder than i thought, this trip had more sinister lagging and bad cable reception vision than iv ever seen before eyes darting around uncontrollablly, was deff like a video game

Also, it might just me, but I find that my sense of smell is heightened on 2ce. Maybe its just because I always drink tea when I'm on psychedelics, but on 2ce I seem to pay more attention to the more subtle smells of food/tea/my apartment.

Yes it makes me smell things much stronger. I got sick in my mom's car because it was so overbearing.

Took a 20mg dose of 2C-E 2 days ago and had a rather strange side effect, completely lost blood flow to my index finger and slightly in my pinky as well, the feeling persisted for a good 40 minutes and the finger started going grey and i almost lost the ability to move it, under the influence of the 2C-E as well it felt eerily like my finger was suffering from rigamortis and when it was numb that it didn't even belong to me. The reason that this worried me moreso than normal was that everytime in the past I have come back from having a seizure my left arm feels completely numb and the same sensation is present in my fingers, later on in the trip when blood flow came back I experienced sharp stabbing pains in my chest when breathing, I do really enjoy the deep analytical headspace of 2C-E but am wondering whether its worth it if im in any physical danger although from what I have read I would be one oddball statistic dropping dead from an 18mg dose (This being my prefferred dose I believe, the bodyload from 20mg was much more uncomfortable than I remember 18 being although I see alot of you saying that the bodyload is primarily psychosomatic, am I just channelling my negative emotions incorrectly or is it the drug?)

Hello all, I have done 2C-E three times now, and I always have a great experience, but my muscles get so tight that I feel like I am made out of plastic. Does anyone else have this kind of body load? 20mg was especially intense when it came to feeling like a plastic doll. I think this is just how the chem reacts to me, but I wonder how many people it affects this way. Do you have any tips to reduce this muscle tension?

Hello all, I have done 2C-E three times now, and I always have a great experience, but my muscles get so tight that I feel like I am made out of plastic. Does anyone else have this kind of body load? 20mg was especially intense when it came to feeling like a plastic doll. I think this is just how the chem reacts to me, but I wonder how many people it affects this way. Do you have any tips to reduce this muscle tension?

Have you tried to relax your muscles with you mind?
I don't experience the body load in a bad way. The come-up can be rough though.
My muscles get a little bit tighter than usual and I can feel some jaw clenching.
I kind of enjoy this...

Took a 20mg dose of 2C-E 2 days ago and had a rather strange side effect, completely lost blood flow to my index finger and slightly in my pinky as well, the feeling persisted for a good 40 minutes and the finger started going grey and i almost lost the ability to move it, under the influence of the 2C-E as well it felt eerily like my finger was suffering from rigamortis and when it was numb that it didn't even belong to me. The reason that this worried me moreso than normal was that everytime in the past I have come back from having a seizure my left arm feels completely numb and the same sensation is present in my fingers, later on in the trip when blood flow came back I experienced sharp stabbing pains in my chest when breathing, I do really enjoy the deep analytical headspace of 2C-E but am wondering whether its worth it if im in any physical danger although from what I have read I would be one oddball statistic dropping dead from an 18mg dose (This being my prefferred dose I believe, the bodyload from 20mg was much more uncomfortable than I remember 18 being although I see alot of you saying that the bodyload is primarily psychosomatic, am I just channelling my negative emotions incorrectly or is it the drug?)

This happened to my dick.^^
Also since this happened my left arm numbs from time to time with or without reason. Sometimes it gets numb from just walking, sometimes i wake up with my arm totally numb for sleeping on a bad position (which had never happened to me before anyway).
So yes, ugly vardiovascular side effects. Very ugly indeed.

I get RIDICULOUSLY stiff muscles on 2C-E as well. I paradoxically also get a very pleasant and nice feeling body load at the same time, that feels directly connected to the energy tremor that is also making my muscles stiff.

It feels quite similar to how MDMA makes ones jaw clench, however with 2C-E, I feel like the contracting muscles are mostly my inner thighs, and my fists and fingers. You can consciously and mentally focus on relaxing the muscles, which partially works. Usually I just try to think of something else and do minor stretches throughout the trip.

When I used to do 2C-E a lot, I noticed after many 2C-E trips that my muscles just always felt more tired and stiff. Not all the time, but it seemed like when I would trip once every week or two, sometimes for 6-8 weeks at a time. Other psychedelic drugs were also used during this time, but I found with 2C-E it was most noticeable. But during those times of high use, it seemed like the day after effects upon my muscles would intensify the further into the binge I went.

i throw up every single time i do 2ce, but don't consider it a bad side effect because it happens once or twice after the first hour, and then doesn't happen again. if it was continuous i would hate it. I get very few side effects ever, never had to go to the hospital and never felt like going, but then again this is with dosages 20-36 mg. I'm extremely intrigued how the differences in purity and synthesis of 2ce can produce almost 2 different drugs. And just like LSD its increasing popularity has led to many different makes and batches which in turn produce batches with more/less bad side effects. I could see people starting to say "that was the speedy 2ce, that was the trippy 2ce, and that was the pure 2ce. However LSD's popularization led to its downfall, now most people are more likely to get DOx, or nBOME, or 5-meo-amt, sometimes all they get is paper :(:(:(

You claim different batches of 2C-E may contain impurities that explain the subjective variation in experienced speediness, side-effects, trippiness, etc? I really don't think there are active impurities in it that we know of, or that these are variations special to this. Mescaline (though this may be a bad example) shows similar differences in reactions and also many more 2C's.
I think big variations in side-effects come with a bigger component of body load. Body load is a peculiar effect of psychedelics that seem to be able to be channeled positively and produce things like trippiness, spiritual phenomena, OBE's, speediness / stimulation but also negatively. I'd say that is more like a lack of channeling.
There is something akin to a flow of energy sometimes felt that aligns with this body load, if it cannot flow there may be involution that produces effects like anxiety, nausea, a feeling of heaviness, etc. I think that on the comeup this energy manifests itself in such a way that it is unexpected and the rise can typically not be handled, so there is some catharsis and the tripper gets some opportunity to catch a grip on it. If you are tired, unmotivated, unwilling or ignorant to the interaction or almost cooperative quality of this body load / energy / the drug manifesting itself in your system... the bad flow is felt as negativity.

Of course this isn't a scientific explanation but it's something that explained a lot for me (it fits) since I realized it and there is no mismatch with having to explain these effects from impurities that have never shown to be active.

In the past I have been a follower of the 'good and bad acid theory' that is the opposite of this and does suppose impurities to have an effect (side-effects). I guess I changed my mind... or what explains even more is if both sides of the story are true and body load channeling type of explanations matter and impurities matter as well.

Question for those who have experimented with 2C-E: does it give you headaches or the sensation of pressure building up in your skull? I've only tried to other 2C-X compounds so far and they both produced that side-effect to a certain extent.
From what I've read in this thread people seem to mostly get nausea and anxiety from this one.

Tried 2C-B on two occasions: once at 10mg (light headache, no noticeable mental effects) and another time at 20mg (annoying feeling of pressure on my head, awkward tactile sensations, close to zero psychedelia) - needless to say I've quickly given up on that one and won't bother again.
2C-D always gives me a slight headache but is interesting enough to revisit.

Should I expect more or less the same from 2C-E were I to encounter it?
In other words: are headaches inherent to the 2Cs or to my own reaction to them?
(Feels like I'm answering my own questions!)