• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] 2C-B Storage and Solubility

You cant extrapolate info from DOC to 2c-b. I dont know exactly how souble 2c-b is in ethanol, but 67mg/mL seems unlikely IMO.

That sounds a little excessive... you'd probably need more alcohol than that. But you can try, it might work. If not you can always add more alcohol, mL by mL.

Is this for dosing by drops? As mentioned elsewhere, a "drop" is not a standard unit of measure. Each one can range in size, so dosing is fairly inaccurate.

Merged in a question about dissolving 2C-B in alcohol

You cant extrapolate info from DOC to 2c-b. I dont know exactly how souble 2c-b is in ethanol, but 67mg/mL seems unlikely IMO.

I never said you could. I gave an example to help you better understand what I was asking.

I said DOC because DOC is very soluble in alcohol, dissolves quickly and doesnt fall out of the solution very easily. I could get up to 350mgs DOC into 3ml.
I never said 2c-b is the same, I was asking a question.

I understand your concern about the drop being an inconsistent form of measurement but I have had it work for me before and I know the possibilities, however thats not what I am asking about.

But seriously, why do you tell me answers to questions I did not ask? I am not trying to be rude, just asking why?

I never said you could. I gave an example to help you better understand what I was asking.

I said DOC because DOC is very soluble in alcohol, dissolves quickly and doesnt fall out of the solution very easily. I could get up to 350mgs DOC into 3ml.
I never said 2c-b is the same, I was asking a question.

I understand your concern about the drop being an inconsistent form of measurement but I have had it work for me before and I know the possibilities, however thats not what I am asking about.

But seriously, why do you tell me answers to questions I did not ask? I am not trying to be rude, just asking why?

I understood exactly what you were asking, an example wasn't necessary. Frankly, it dosen't matter how much DOC you can dissolve in alcohol, this has nothing to do with 2c-b and it's solubility.

I understood exactly what you were asking, an example wasn't necessary. Frankly, it dosen't matter how much DOC you can dissolve in alcohol, this has nothing to do with 2c-b and it's solubility.

No shit buddy thanks for giving me an answer that has nothing to do with my question, AGAIN.

That bold part is true but it is also a waist of space in this thread. Please do not repeat that again like a broken record. I NEVER SAID DOC HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH 2C-B.

I asked if 2c-b would take to alcohol as well as DOC does?

Its a question and not a statement. You can tell by the question mark at the end.

lol.

Amazing I've never seen this old thread. Rather serendipitous, too, as I just got 250 mg of nexus and only have the use of a milligram scale for a short while.

At approximately what temperature would 2c-b start to degrade? I want to saturate the dH20 with it.

ODB: I'm pretty sure 2C-B is significantly less soluble in alcohol than DOC. I haven't tried, but I base this off of the fact that I have seen that 2C-B is significantly less water-soluble than DOC.

I'd say your best bet might be to just try it, and you'll end up with some sort of solution.

ODB: I'm pretty sure 2C-B is significantly less soluble in alcohol than DOC. I haven't tried, but I base this off of the fact that I have seen that 2C-B is significantly less water-soluble than DOC.

I'd say your best bet might be to just try it, and you'll end up with some sort of solution.

Thanks. I might have to give it a try with a small amount, maybe 1ml and 67mgs.

I was able to dissolve 310mg of 2c-b into 10 ml of sterile saline yesterday. This strikes me as rather high, especially since the water already contained a solute (NaCl). It took some shaking and immersing the vial in a hot water bath, but it's completely dissolved.
Does this sound improbable? I used a mg scale that I have never known to be inaccurate, and a graduated oral syringe for the water. 31mg/ml? Could this be right?

Also, will sterile saline and 2c-b alone prevent or inhibit bacterial growth, or is there some othe ragent I could add a couple drops of to do so? I'm keeping the vial in the fridge for now.

any updates?

anyone tested the solubility of 2c-b in alcohol or distilled water? what saturation points have people reached? is it possible to dissolve say 100-200mg/ml and dose 5-10mg in a single drop?

That's a really high concentration.

Why are you so determined to have doses measured by drops.

Drops are notoriously inaccurate and even if you get 5mg in a drop you're going up by 5's. You want to be able to measure any milligram number you want.

I highly recommend you measure with a solid amount of liquid. If you put 10mg/mL of solvent you'll know that 2.5cc's (mL's) is exactly 25mg.

Just get yourself a syringe do the the dose measuring. Doing it by drops has fail written all over it.

thanks very much for all the advice not to use a dropper to dose 2c-b. i have heard you and taken your points on board. however the question i asked was

"anyone tested the solubility of 2c-b in alcohol or distilled water? what saturation points have people reached?"

the other question i would like someone to speak to is "how can dosing lsd by drop be so commonplace if dosing by drops is such a bad idea?"

Which is more water soluble.. 2CB Hbr or Hcl?

I want to know if I have Hbr or Hcl 2CB. I just added 10ml to 500mg and I'm having trouble dissolving it. When I looked through the B&D @cb thread there were conflicting posts claiming either Hbr was tricky to dissolve or Hcl was trickier. I need to accurately figure out doses and I know Hbr is less potent. Thanks :)

...no idea...

though i'm not sure this is an accurate way to determine which you've got, and the potency difference isn't much.

JUST EAT SOME.

I also think it's not really the salt form differential here.. I definitely think 50mg/ml is too high. Are you using dH2O or EtOH? Have you tried mixing the solution in a warm water bath?

I want to know if I have Hbr or Hcl 2CB. I just added 10ml to 500mg and I'm having trouble dissolving it. When I looked through the B&D @cb thread there were conflicting posts claiming either Hbr was tricky to dissolve or Hcl was trickier. I need to accurately figure out doses and I know Hbr is less potent. Thanks :)

The only way to know for sure is to ask the person/organization you got it from. You most likely have Hbr though. I've never seen 2c-b sold as Hcl.