View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25x-NBOMe harm reduction??

Bromohummingbird

Greenlighter
I wanna ask for some feedback to the guys here on BL.

Scince the NBOMe have become a common drug in my country (buying, selling and taken as real LSD without people even knowing it), i've been wondering if there is a way to reduce the harm of this chemical product to human health-physically and mentally-, in addition to stop taking it of course (seems to be a hard-to-remove tumor in some users). I know that it's an RC, but maybe there are some 'in vitro test'.¿?

PS: Sory if this has been discuss already or if this is the wrong place to post this thread.

Everyone complains about the nbome series but from my hippys experience they are wonderful, fun, and trippy when taken in the right amount. As far as harm reduction, I would not exceed 2mg of any of these chemicals, nor would I mix this with any other seratogenic or vaso-constricting chemicals.

Nothing will make these series any less harmful, but from my hippys experience benzos ( such as xanax in his case ) have really helped with the uncomfortable come-ups and when he felt he was "frying" a bit too much. Waiting two weeks at the minimum but the longer the better on an untested and not very well known chemical class.

I do not sling fear tactics, but reports have shown these chemicals to damage organs with long term or frequent use. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4002208/

I am sure as you know aswell people have died from these chemicals, most from another underlying cause such as ODs, asphyxiation from choking on vomit during seizures, or cocktails with other drugs. Also, nasal ROA has been proven to be a MUCH stronger form of administration with these chemicals, I would advise blotters to be cut in half and allergy tested first before taking a full dose. 1mg can easily fit on a single blotter and this is not a light dose at all.

I haven't heard of anyone who prefers NBOMe to the alternatives like the novel lysergemides, 2C-x etc, plus they're definitely a lot more dangerous, so why bother? This is my snarky protocol for NBOMe harm reduction:

-dilute NBOMe compound into toilet bowl water
-flush toilet
-buy some bitcoin
-order a lysergemide from a reputable source on the internet

^^ what he said.

Personally, I don't plan on touching an NBOMe ever again. I like intense trips, and given for some shit reason I'm a hard head, the dosage required to achieve that intensity brings far too many side effects and quite simply feels bloody toxic. FWIW, this is ~2.4mg. Even 1.2mg (single blotter of 25i) was a terrible trip thanks to the constant discomfort from side effects.

Even if I personally found a dose I considered to be spot-on or enjoyable without side effects, I still wouldn't want to touch the stuff more than once a month thanks to know how it's made me feel previously.

Any chemical that is active, and potentially lethal, at sub milligram dosages is so inherently dangerous in the first place, that the only way to truly reduce harm is to avoid it. The potential for dosing mistakes is high! This stuff is available in powder form to anyone with an address and internet, so basically some chemmed out sleeze bag is out there creating these blotters. Every time you eat a dose you put your life in his hands.
LSD can be faked, shrooms cannot!! Eat Moar Shrooms Friend

I wanna ask for some feedback to the guys here on BL.

Scince the NBOMe have become a common drug in my country (buying, selling and taken as real LSD without people even knowing it), i've been wondering if there is a way to reduce the harm of this chemical product to human health-physically and mentally-, in addition to stop taking it of course (seems to be a hard-to-remove tumor in some users). I know that it's an RC, but maybe there are some 'in vitro test'.¿?

PS: Sory if this has been discuss already or if this is the wrong place to post this thread.

There are reagent tests you can use to differentiate between lysergics such as LSD and phenethylamines like the NBOMe series. Get such a kit.

Other than that, we have this huge announcement warning: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...e-warning-Taking-unknown-blotters-sold-as-LSD

Does that kind of cover the ground for you?

Of course this matter is far from over as long as people are mistakingly taking these chems, but yeah it gets increasingly difficult to promote this HR... people should not spread rumors about mystery blotters they should spread information gotten from sites like these and try to warn, to promote the use of reagent tests.
But of course dealers / vendors / pushers / sourcers won't help that cause..

Harm reduction?
Start low - titrate slowly.

They're not a safe or wonderful family of psychedelics, but if you knowingly take them (as many of us have) there are safer ways of approaching it.
Obviously tabs midrepresented as LSD pose a unique problem - all the more reason to, as above, test your stuff.

Yes:

first line of defense = lab testing
if not possible second = reagent testing
if also not possible (are you poor or a cheapskate? this is your health potentially!) third = titration, always possible, you can dissolve even one paper trip in a volume of alcohol and then measure a part of that to slowly work your way up.
fourth line of defense = symptom treatment if problems occur
--> abstain

Whenever I get nbome compounds my favorite method of harm reduction is to put them in the garbage. I know that's not helpful, but a garbage bin full of the stuff is far less traumatizing than the side effects can be. On a more helpful note, I would A) Test it in a lab B) take a super small amount to see if I was allergic, then start with a tiny dose and work your way up to avoid a bad trip.

My harm reduction technique, I avoid any of the hyper-selective 5HT2 agonist. They cause fatalities abnormally frequently. .

Last edited:
This sounds like a "just say no campaign" - it is fair to say they are dangerous (at least compared to other catagories of psychedelic) and point out that as in my case I had the possibility to try them and decided it wasn't worth the risk but I do prefer and consider more worthwhile the posts that offer some advise on HR - As pointed out I don't have any first hand experience but beyond avoidance for finding alternatives going for lower end doses, benzos on hand and having someone able to call emergency services (the sober sitter) are a good start.

It's unlikely you'll suffer health implications from a 'normal' dose; unfortunately however, the fact there are any statistics for this is a small worry.

Take half a tab (likely around 5-600ug if from darknet). That'll still be enjoyable, and somewhat safe. Should you choose to try it again, consider how you felt with regards to side effects on half a tab, and perhaps try a full if you felt fine. Just don't exceed a single tab of 25x-NBOMe, for safety's sake.

Yeah a metric shit ton of this has been consumed the world over - some talk like death is a done deal - like I say I am curious but there are safer options and many say it doesn't live up to others on the whole and more bpdyload so can leave it.

First, thanks everybody to the answers(i lmao with the perpetualdoawn technique).

Personally i dont take this tabs anymore, I used to(i have like 5 or 6 experiences), but users od the population in general, dont know about the damage, actually most part dont know that isn't real LSD, so that became a huge problem.

My idea is to find supplements, like "[SIZE=-1]Cynara scolymus and [SIZE=-1]Peumus boldus extracts[/SIZE][/SIZE], to protect liver"(this product here is sold as Hepatalgina:http://saludquillota.cl/vademecum/PRODUCTO/P8279.HTM)
Thats the reason why yesterday, i asked for 'in vitro tests'. With some professional help(and the right equipment), we would know at least, all the side effects(all ones).
Again, thanks everybedy.

My harm reduction technique, I avoid any of the hyper-selective 5HT2 agonist. They cause fatalities abnormally frequently. .

Yes, the full agonists can cause seizures a lot more often compared with the classics, and in worse case scenario death.

Imo there is little hr possible for a chemical like this other than take it. But if your serious about trying it please research how taking this 'could' effect your life and future nearby trips.

First, thanks everybody to the answers(i lmao with the perpetualdoawn technique).

Personally i dont take this tabs anymore, I used to(i have like 5 or 6 experiences), but users od the population in general, dont know about the damage, actually most part dont know that isn't real LSD, so that became a huge problem.

My idea is to find supplements, like "[SIZE=-1]Cynara scolymus and [SIZE=-1]Peumus boldus extracts[/SIZE][/SIZE], to protect liver"(this product here is sold as Hepatalgina:http://saludquillota.cl/vademecum/PRODUCTO/P8279.HTM)
Thats the reason why yesterday, i asked for 'in vitro tests'. With some professional help(and the right equipment), we would know at least, all the side effects(all ones).
Again, thanks everybedy.

I would recommend against trying liver tonics acutely combined with NBOMes, liver failure is not the major problem anyway with toxic reactions that I am aware of. Also minimizing the amount or number of substances is best in these cases.. You may end up actually accomplishing what you are trying to avoid.

It seems medicinal treatment for acute toxicity is still experimental, there is a thread in neuroscience and pharm about this... If there is too much 5HT agonism, indeed quite possible the revered 2a subtype, sedating with benzos is a good bet to counter the sympathetic nervous system reaction.. (note that when not in professional care setting there is risk of setting off benzo amnesic black hole with potentially harmful behavior).. I still question if proper antagonists are the logical move, I mean what does one do in case of fentanyl OD?
Anyway dont mean to make a copy of the advanced drug discussion thread.

My point is just to be very careful with any added drug unless you are directly relieving toxic action.
That means: even if we accept the odds for just taking like 750 ug of 25I.. Do not be a fool to experiment with drug combos to achieve synergy. Do that with drugs that dont really allow reaching that ceiling so easily.. Hey even acid with nitrous can be iffy

Take a minimal dosage, preferably use something like Tween to enhance solubility. It's my gut sense that if you stay at 500 micrograms or less, (0.5mg) you should be fine.

If you have a good method for making liquids like I do (again, Tween 20 or polysorbate 20, 1% in water, 1000mg/mL 25X-NBOMe HCl) I could get full blown psychedelic effects at 500uG of 25E-NBOMe (similar for 25C and 25D)... 1000uG or more is super overkill, and it seems a lot of blotters are laid at ~1000uG/square. And then people double dose...

NB2OMe is safe if taken in very low doses. 750µg or below if safe and should not cause problems in otherwise-healthy individuals. It is important to know the exact dose of what you're working with. Doing blotters is stupid with anything (including LSD) unless you laid them yourself, but with NB2OMe, there is real physical danger. Buy powder and put it into solution. The solution can then be laid onto blotter. Note that with NB2OMe, doing a halfass job when laying won't just give someone an overwhelming trip (like with LSD), it could easily kill them. This means that blotters should NEVER be soaked in solution. Each blotter must be distinct and must be laid individually by placing a drop of concentrated NBOMe solution onto it.

~200ug vaporized was the lowest dose I experienced physical complications from. The negative effects involving unstable temperature and blood pressure lasted several days. This was the last occasion I used NBOMe drugs. At the time for me the sum of those problems, what happened then, could have resulted in hospitalization if I consumed doses higher.

Now my go to drug is DMT. The afterglow is sweet and overdoses are tolerated better.

Just as Sekio suggested knowing your dose (EXACTLY) helps. Start low and find a sweet spot...... I would not trust blotters and I got in on this a while ago when the powder was still available and quite proper. I dissolved it in fine Vodka and now I know exactly what I am doing.

I of course had access to pretty damn nice sub milligram scale which was helpful. I say if you are a healthy individual who knows this is not a PUSH THE LIMIT drug you are probably going to be safe

At first I went with sublingual ROA ( held under the toung and in the mouth for 20 minutes ) the taste is bitter and the amount of saliva created is not pleasant. 500 ug was pleasant and steady BUT the difference between 500 ug and 1mg was NIGHT AND FUCKING DAY.... not unpleasant but no need for me to ever push past 1mg for an initial dose.
25I was my first RC ever and I found it to be quite interesting. I now find that 500 to 700 ug taken up my nose (insufillation) is great.

With LSD I would still feel comfortable taking 3 to 4 hits with 25I - never but 3 to 4 hits of LSD would melt my brain at this point I think, plus I have no desire to be mentally fucked for hours and hours 25I gives nice intense visuals but doesn't give you a crazy headspace if you keep the dose low.

Now I have moved on to 5-MAPB (RC answer to MDMA) which again is not to be pushed much past the safe dose range. While I like both of them based on what I have read there is no need to try this as an RC candyflip........ they may not place nice togeather