View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25i molly + shrooms ruined life! HELP.

iLLiZeXX

Greenlighter
Please help me.. These drugs have changed my life for the complete worst and I have no idea what to do. So about two years ago in the year 2014 I started to what most would call "abuse" the substance known as 25i NbOME. Me being the idiot that I was at the time I thought the whole time that what I was taking was pure LSD and didn't think anything else of it during this binge period. So anyways, for about 3-6 months I took the substance anywhere from around 15-20 times all at different dosages. Some being higher some being lower. I also used during this three month period what is known as "Molly" or "MDMA" about three times. But the last time i tried that i freaked out and so did everyone else i was with so it was obviously bunk shit and I had stayed home from school the whole next week after that and I stopped my "binging" but not because I felt bad or "fried" but because of the scare that it put me through and i knew i would never want to go through that again.. Time kept on however and I found myself trying pure lsd and shrooms about 5-6 times all together.

Then I decided it was time for a break.... Once the year 2015 started i completely stopped my drug use as far as phycs and "Molly" go but continued to smoke weed because i always have almost everyday since I was a sophomore in highschool and I still even do it to this day. Anyways once the year 2015 started basically shit just hit the fan. I'm not the same person i once was and I'm afraid I never will be. My anxiety, depression, irritation and anything of that sort is just completely through the roof. My short term memory as well as my long term memory is also completely destroyed. I can't smoke weed anymore socially because it just makes me weird and I almost feel like im having flashbacks. I'm also more anxious then I have ever been in my entire life. I feel like thats from all the tripping though but I don't know.. I just feel like the magic from my life is completely gone. Almost as if my reality has changed and life will never be the same. I think about this almost everyday and about how my life was before tripping and doing all these drugs and it just makes me sad. I've heard stopping smoking weed and keeping a clean and healthy diet as long as exercise comes a long way but I haven't even wasted my time yet because I'm afraid the damage is permanent. I could go on all day about the issues I'm dealing with but that would take forever. I just want to be myself again..Can anybody help me?

The two most important things you can do are to get aerobic exercise and to meditate. Many people have these sorts of issues after non-neurotoxic substances and even emotional trauma so there is no reason to panic and think that you have permanently damaged your brain or anything like. You are still very young and your brain is still making new connections all the time - your brain will still be developing even in your early twenties. So don't think that how you feel now is how you will feel the rest of your life.

Exercise and mediate. The goal with meditation is to shut off the thoughts and just focus on the way your breathing feels. It will take practice.

As the above people have said, and I'll also add if you are really having problems please see a professional, whether it be a family physician or psychiatrist. I do hope you get, feel and stay better.

To be honest though, the drugs didn't ruin your life - your overuse of them has (hopefully not permanently). How old are you; mid 20's? You've got a long life ahead of you and should, with time and help fully recover.

Best of luck.

Tom

I literally just turned 20 on the 14th and did all this drug binging when i was 18 during my senior yr of hs.

Yeah dude. You'll be okay. I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist because they specialize in things like these, besides that self-care and reaching out to people you can trust is a must. Exercise, eat a fucking pop tart once in a while, and nurture yourself because you are clearly going through a rough time. One thing to keep in mind is that it will absolutely get better with time. You're loved.

Like everyone else said, eating well is a key in your situation. Exercise as much as you can and try meditation. I was going through a lot of panic attacks when I dropped meth and it helped me a lot.

You can try to do this respiration exercise to experience a little what meditation is about. 3 to 5 ''cycles'', 3 times a day. Breathe in when the ball is going up, breathe out when the ball is going down. Synchronize your breathing with it. You'll be surprised how you'll feel relaxed after this simple vid.

Take care of yourself.

You could see a psychiatrist if you want to, but you should definitely try to heal on your own if you feel that it is possible. A psychiatrist will want to put you on psych meds, potentially causing more problems for you in the long run. Assuming you had no prior mental health issues this is certainly something you can recover from on your own. Exercise. Meditate. Eat well and drink plenty of water. Try not to worry so much.

Please help me.. These drugs have changed my life for the complete worst and I have no idea what to do. So about two years ago in the year 2014 I started to what most would call "abuse" the substance known as 25i NbOME. Me being the idiot that I was at the time I thought the whole time that what I was taking was pure LSD and didn't think anything else of it during this binge period. So anyways, for about 3-6 months I took the substance anywhere from around 15-20 times all at different dosages. Some being higher some being lower. I also used during this three month period what is known as "Molly" or "MDMA" about three times. But the last time i tried that i freaked out and so did everyone else i was with so it was obviously bunk shit and I had stayed home from school the whole next week after that and I stopped my "binging" but not because I felt bad or "fried" but because of the scare that it put me through and i knew i would never want to go through that again.. Time kept on however and I found myself trying pure lsd and shrooms about 5-6 times all together.

Then I decided it was time for a break.... Once the year 2015 started i completely stopped my drug use as far as phycs and "Molly" go but continued to smoke weed because i always have almost everyday since I was a sophomore in highschool and I still even do it to this day. Anyways once the year 2015 started basically shit just hit the fan. I'm not the same person i once was and I'm afraid I never will be. My anxiety, depression, irritation and anything of that sort is just completely through the roof. My short term memory as well as my long term memory is also completely destroyed. I can't smoke weed anymore socially because it just makes me weird and I almost feel like im having flashbacks. I'm also more anxious then I have ever been in my entire life. I feel like thats from all the tripping though but I don't know.. I just feel like the magic from my life is completely gone. Almost as if my reality has changed and life will never be the same. I think about this almost everyday and about how my life was before tripping and doing all these drugs and it just makes me sad. I've heard stopping smoking weed and keeping a clean and healthy diet as long as exercise comes a long way but I haven't even wasted my time yet because I'm afraid the damage is permanent. I could go on all day about the issues I'm dealing with but that would take forever. I just want to be myself again..Can anybody help me?

It took me 13 years from ecstacy abuse before i even decided to try a research chem.

give it time. and this is why you use responsible

what is responsible . for empathogeons onces every 3 months or longer, three months is minimum
psyches once every 3 months or longer is probally best however , if a newbie at psyches, once every six weeks minimum

I see way too many people on all the boards abusing stuff and they wonder why shit doesnt work work and they re all fucked up and yes I eel i fucked my mind up back in 2000-2001 with ecstacy abuse. cognitive and logical problems seemed to effect me the most, ignorant decision

The young guys ive seen comes and go, even personal friends, end on in prison for over a decade ultimately over drug abuse, and newbies in there first 1-2 years re ignorant and abuse stuff, then dissappearand go on to tell society how drugs are bad bc they abused them.

from talking with a lot of older responsible users just about all ive seen the continually use few and far between. These things are meant to be used as a positive to enhance life

my best advice is years awat from touchign anything then maybe if you re edcuated in responsibility then maybe see if its a personal value you want to keep or give up, the choice is yours

This is normal, you don't need rehab and you don't need a psychiatrist. It's a matter of having a basic understanding of the body.

It's called neurotransmitter depletion, and happens to drug users when they over-use drugs.

Sobriety, healthy living, eating well, exercising etc.. they all charge the brain with something that we will call 'fuel'.

Drugs burn that fuel!

Find the balance.

Consider this before telling your doctor about drug use.

reddit said:
Something to consider before admitting drug use to your regular doctor.

First of all, if you're situation is unique and your health/safety depends on you revealing this information, then do not hesitate. They cannot call the cops. EVER. And, if they ever did, you could sue the living daylights out of them.

What the Dr. can do is document your substance abuse history in your medical records, which then get submitted to your insurance agency. Your insurance agency can then use that information to deny payment or coverage for certain conditions/procedures. For example, if I tell my doc I use cocaine once a month, and then 15 years later I need a heart operation, I can easily be denied coverage by my insurer because I have used a controlled substance that is known by the medical community to cause heart problems with regular, long term usage.

But don't worry; if you trash your liver from drinking everyday, or your lungs from smoking your entire life, that's fine because those are legal for use. Your operation is covered (rolls eyes). So fucking dumb.

Some of you may disagree or have other points on this note, but this is a well documented thing. Medical marijuana patients are often denied organ transplants simply because they use mmj. Anyways, my mom has been a health care professional (RN, Case Manager) for 25 years and was telling me about it. This might not be true for all cases, but just something to consider. I would just refrain from mentioning use to your doctor unless the outcome of your condition/health really depends on that info. Otherwise it's not really their business.

Just looking out, have a nice night/day peeps.

More about telling your doctor you've used drugs here.

They cannot call the cops. EVER

Just fyi: confidentiality has a few exceptions notably the Tarasoff one involving you being a threat to yourself or others. But yeah drug use in itself or anything reasonable like that would be safe.

@OP:

Your life is not ruined, although I'm sure you feel like you might not recover... What's incredible is both how it's sometimes hard/impossible to look ahead for a person and also what a person can recover from that is not injury of the deepest level.
I've been through terrible shit, but repeatedly found myself eventually relieved that it appears I have something like 9 lives, like a cat. I don't know if it's 9 and with every pseudo-fubar episode I try being more wise, doing my best, basically wishing that I will not have to find out if I have any lives left.
Trust that you have more lives than you know, I promise.

For the love of gods, don't smoke anymore weed - it will exacerbate some of the problems you mention. Don't use any other drugs either (of course), but I believe a beer once upon a while will be a lot less of a problem than weed. Follow the other mentioned advice like shifting most of your dedicated attention to healthy food, sleep, exercise.. this will speed up recovery and make you feel more vital.. the more attention you pay the quicker they help. Mentally the meditation, breathing exercises, talking about it regularly with someone (don't overproblematize beyond a certain point though) help.

In some parts of the world / or of your country odds may be high that a psychiatrist will quickly reach for the medication. I'd personally say that as long as you can try seeing a psychiatrist and just stopping to see him/her if it quickly leads to him/her sort of insisting on treatments you set out to avoid, there is no harm in seeing someone - talking, and evaluating what can help you with functioning, health and making sure worst case scenario's never play out.
Set out putting your 'backup battery energy' into recovering and trusting that abstinence and time and the things mentioned should really be enough - then only if after quite some time passes, you still waste backup energy and see no progress... then it may be time to fall back on last resort measures.

Last edited:
You could see a psychiatrist if you want to, but you should definitely try to heal on your own if you feel that it is possible. A psychiatrist will want to put you on psych meds, potentially causing more problems for you in the long run.

This is true.
After leaving detox I had drug induced psychosis and was put on Olanzapine.
Yeah it helped for a while. But dopes you right up, made me fat. And coming off of it was a struggle and took a couple of attempts.

What your describing is very similar to what I felt back when I came out of detox.
And today I feel pretty good again.
And I'm sure you will too. If I had the option again to have started Olanzapine or just waited for it to pass, I would have chosen to not take Olanzapine.
But saying that, at the time I had the same thought in my head "have I changed my head for ever?"
The answer was no. It just took a while to recover.

Looking back you may certainly feel that way and be pretty much right in what you say, and like I suggested above myself I would only look into general counsel and resist throwing medications at the 'problem'... but just let's not overgeneralize that healing without meds is always the safe play if only you can hack it... in serious cases it may be very hard to say if you can hack it and psychosis isn't something to gamble on, only make educated decisions if you are educated e.g. people know for good reasons that it's only drug induced and time is plenty enough of a healer (and probably a safe environment / sitter is necessary!).

That said, sorry about if you suffered from 'unnecessary' meds and consequent complications - I was very much lucky to just live through my only drug induced psychosis only with very erratic and weird, loosy goosy behavior without either accidents happening or being medicated. Still in my case I might argue that I would opt for any intervention if I had posed a real risk to myself on top of just being the most insensitive goofy nutcase ever (from what I was told), though I guess I was also mostly blacked out rather than psychotic.

Last edited:
Indeed.
But when I said " If I could go back and not take it I would" it's because I now know it wasn't permanent. But back then I wasn't sure, so obviously would take the meds.

Counciling has helped allot for me when I was younger with shit that happened to me.

you aren't going to help yourself at all by smoking weed. it is know to cause anxiety, flashbacks to trips and various other shitty things and it doesn't exactly promote a healthy lifestyle where you will be helping yourself to recover.

you've clearly done some damage I think you should take a break for at least a few months and see if you can recover. it won't be easy but it's always worth it.

try not to use any drug more than once a month

good luck man

Several things come to mind:

First: exercise and eating well is not a magic cure to mental health. Your use of psychedelic drugs 2 years ago probably has nothing to do with what you are experiencing right now. Marijuana is widely known to cause anxiety, and I have known people, myself included where the older you get the more anxious it makes you and the less fun it is. When I was smoking pot regularly it was definitely not the quality that is easily obtainable now. And if you were doing dabs or some THC analogs and overusing them the symptoms you are experiencing make real sense.

You could also be going through depression, or some other life phase. You should for sure stop smoking for the long term, until you have got your mind right. It will. You will not be stuck in this phase forever. You do need to get out, take care of your self, which includes eating right and all that, but that will not ever cure depression, or anxiety for that matter. If you are in school, start committing your self to that, find friends who care about the same things you do, non drug related. If you work, then same goes, and think about getting into school, or a vocations. Just keep your mind busy, and your life moving in the forward direction and you will be just fine.

Also, think about getting some help if you feel you need it. If you have a good family, make sure you let them atleast know how you feel, and remember that in most people's lives, your family is the most important group of people and the people you can rely on most for anything. In 10 years most likely you will not have the same friends, most people get older and have family, and a few good friends.

Try to let your self be happy

A drug I know is good to get your mind back to normal both physiologically and psychologically is noopept, plus its cheap and legal. Helps with cognitive problems, depression, anxiety and alot.