• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 25 years old and zero libido after taking sleeping pills for over a year.

dunno much about proviron, but test will probably help w/ the psychological. standard stuff like having nolva on-hand b4 your 1st shot, etc etc etc, clearly needs to be in-line. Check out the steroid subforum, you'll get a ton more insight there

dunno much about proviron, but test will probably help w/ the psychological. standard stuff like having nolva on-hand b4 your 1st shot, etc etc etc, clearly needs to be in-line. Check out the steroid subforum, you'll get a ton more insight there

Hey Sanger, and everyone else, thanks again for always coming in and helping. I really appreciate it a ton. I am much calmer about my situation after having discussed it with you guys. I actually am a member of many steroid forums and have read about it a ton. I know how everything about AAS to be honest. My only question is in regards to my issue. I would of liked to have this problem totally eliminated before starting the AAS. That would of been ideal. I do have to say that I even get random hard ons etc... so I am pretty convinced this is totally a mental issue. I think that doing the roids will get my mind of this problem and allow me to think about other things. Right now this problem is sort of consuming my mind. I think about it all the time and I am pretty sure its hard to have a sex drive when you are nervous about that very sex drive.

I personally think it is crazy to abuse steroids. They really impact the brain and body a lot, just look around any steroid forum and see all of the aggression, not to mention other hormonal problems. Steroids have a whole different set of risks that drugs that alter perception do not have... I'd be wary, especially since you're already concerned about your physical and mental health.

If you're thinking about taking the steroids to deal with this libido issue, this is definitely a bad idea. Steroids have an effect on libido, but to take them for this reason is insane.

I personally think it is crazy to abuse steroids. They really impact the brain and body a lot, just look around any steroid forum and see all of the aggression, not to mention other hormonal problems. Steroids have a whole different set of risks that drugs that alter perception do not have... I'd be wary, especially since you're already concerned about your physical and mental health.

If you're thinking about taking the steroids to deal with this libido issue, this is definitely a bad idea. Steroids have an effect on libido, but to take them for this reason is insane.

Well you certainly have a legitimate argument. The thing is that I was planning on using them for physique enhancement, even before this libido problem occurred. I never went ahead with the plan once I ran into this issue. I actually was thinking this would be a great time to go ahead with my steroid plan as it will certainly help me think less about my libido and testosterone will certainly increase libido regardless.

If you are still young, and your hormone levels are where they should be, you should not begin using testosterone. It's not hard to test what your levels are at, this is something you should do if you're serious about starting testosterone.

You should wait another 10-15 years and then ask yourself if you're ready to start using testosterone, because I think within a matter of months - if you figure out ways to working around obstacles (psychological or physical or otherwise), then this won't be an issue for you anymore. I don't think you'll need exogenous testosterone to do this either.

^Yeah, many opiates definitely decrease testosterone, even to the point of necessitating testosterone therapy for some people. This was a big reason when I switched to bupe as it is shown to not have this effect on testosterone.

I'm assuming you think bupe won't impact your libido as badly as other opioids?

*piercing witches cackle*

If you are still young, and your hormone levels are where they should be, you should not begin using testosterone. It's not hard to test what your levels are at, this is something you should do if you're serious about starting testosterone.

You should wait another 10-15 years and then ask yourself if you're ready to start using testosterone, because I think within a matter of months - if you figure out ways to working around obstacles (psychological or physical or otherwise), then this won't be an issue for you anymore. I don't think you'll need exogenous testosterone to do this either.

The thing is that I was planning on doing a cycle anyhow purely for cosmetic reasons. I held off on it due to this problem.

How is your fat levels? I mean you said you work out six days a week so that might overcondition yourself. When the body does not have enough nutrients, which the body actually measures by your amount of fat tissue percentage, it starts shutting down organs that are irrelevant for surviving the malnutrition. And your reproductive organs are firsts that start to go down. That happens for many athletes that consider being healthy with zero fat. Malnourished girls that practice each day for example a figure skating dont have their periods for example. For boys it starts from the semen production to go down and that is controlled by the hormones that drive your libido.

How is your fat levels? I mean you said you work out six days a week so that might overcondition yourself. When the body does not have enough nutrients, which the body actually measures by your amount of fat tissue percentage, it starts shutting down organs that are irrelevant for surviving the malnutrition. And your reproductive organs are firsts that start to go down. That happens for many athletes that consider being healthy with zero fat. Malnourished girls that practice each day for example a figure skating dont have their periods for example. For boys it starts from the semen production to go down and that is controlled by the hormones that drive your libido.

Oh, I am in good shape but not that lean. I know what you are referring to. Those insanely low bodyfat levels can only come from starvation or using fat burners along with roids. I am regular lean. My bodyfat is 9 or 10 percent. Besides, nothing has changed since I lost my libido. I have been like this for awhile. I made no changes that would of caused me to have libido issues other than taking the sleeping pills.

Just to toss my 2 cents into this topic:

I am a 27 year old male, 6'6 300lbs, I like long walks on the beach and I am a Cancer. J/K ya'll

Honestly though I have the same problem. I IV heroin daily and take other opiates just about every day and I have noticed that if my libido was like one of those levers that controls the speed of a tractor it would be on turtle instead of rabbit =D

I haven't had sex in over 7 months and I really couldn't say that I even care. I am not sure what causes it but honestly I am just happy being in love with my heroin instead of some bitch like my ex-fiancee who's just going to cause drama and make me feel like shit. Maybe the heroin is what is causing my libido to be completely shut off, I would assume that it is, but I love it regardless.

OP in my opinion it's the chemicals that are causing your libido to be shut off. I am sure you've already figured that out, but I figured id share. Best of luck man, get in those pants and make em dance =D

This.

I have been on extended ambien use also, not on your scale, but nonetheless about 5-6 months. And I can say that during that time, my libido plumetted noticeably. And not it's a bad thing for me...i'm 27, single, and quite honestly, my libido is what tends to be my downfall in life. So in that regard I actually embrace it.

This.

I have been on extended ambien use also, not on your scale, but nonetheless about 5-6 months. And I can say that during that time, my libido plumetted noticeably. And not it's a bad thing for me...i'm 27, single, and quite honestly, my libido is what tends to be my downfall in life. So in that regard I actually embrace it.

Thanks a ton for sharing. At least I am not alone and I can be pretty sure now that it was my stupid use of sleeping pills that caused this. I am hoping it will get better now that I have been off the pills for some time.

I'm assuming you think bupe won't impact your libido as badly as other opioids?

*piercing witches cackle*

There are studies of the effect of buprenorphine on testosterone that prove it has negligible, if any effects on testosterone. My post was about androgen deficiency, not libido impact. The impact of bupe on libido likely has to do with sensory distortion... it's not because of low testosterone.

Lol, I'm not guessing when I say something like this unless I specifically say I'm guessing.

<<may be a double post, fuckin interwebz>>
Sub has a positive effect on libido in almost any case I've ever seen.. Of course, when I see someone taking sub, they're using it to come off heavy doses of harder opiates, so it's anyone's guess if it's the subs/bupe or the cessation of diacetyl/oxy/fent/etc. Doesn't bupe have some DA/norepin./serotonin effects? If so, wouldn't be shocked to see a subtle libido boost; either way, shred hasn't touched any opioids ;P
//edit: and re using gear, I'm not seeing why others have a problem in *this* regard. Sure, we can disagree on steroids in general, but in this case, where he knows about them, and was already planning his cycle b4 this happened, I can't see it as anything but useful. We seem to be pretty fully agreeing that the prob was psychological, so taking some test<properly!> isn't going to throw anything physical outta whack (more than it would to a 'control' subject, anyways), and psychologically, the effects on libido are pretty f'in minimal, but even still they'll help (and even if it was bunk test, I bet the placebo effect would still help, given that this is purely a psychological issue of him getting his libido back after a short period w/o it)

^ Steroids won't throw anything physical out of whack? I disagree! :p

"won't throw anything outta whack to him, more than to a 'normal' subject" - I shoulda clarified, I'm clearly of the "steroids are ok @25 if the person actually understands gear" mindset. His libido - anyone's libido - isn't changed too drastically on a regular cycle of test, and for most the effect seems to be much more of a psychological thing. Since that's where he's lacking, and he seems informed and intent on gear, I say go for it.
/have had the same libido issues from clonazepam and percocet rx's, and have used test/sutanon cycles, and would *dive* at a cycle if I were in his shoes.

Well I will be honest. The ideal thing would be for me to go on cycle with everything in order, in terms of my libido. I am indeed slightly uncomfortable doing the cycle as I would want to be 100 percent perfect going into it. I have the means to go on cycle tonight if you get what I am saying but I am still holding back. I mean I am thinking about this deeply. Nothing at all changed from the time I had a massive libido till now, other than the sleeping pills. Obviously my test levels were normal for me to have such a strong sex drive. If there was something wrong with my physically like a hormonal problem, or worse, some bad illness causing the hormonal problem, I would be seeing additional problems manifesting themselves. I can say in that I feel strong and healthy in all ways except for the libido issue.
And I was indeed going to run the cycle previously. The only thing holding me back is that I want to be 100 percent when going on cycle. On the other hand, I am now at a point where I am indeed thinking way too much about my libido and I am sure thats contributing too. I do certainly think that I am not imagining the libido problem and like some other posters who have had their libidos noticeably hammered by Ambien and Benzos, my brain has somehow been affected. It's a tough call and I am trying to do this as responsibly as I can which is why I haven't yet done the steroids.

This.

Hey again. Just to clarify, your libido was strong prior to your stint on Ambien and it took a hit once you were on the Ambien for a few months? Was there any other drugs you were taking or anything else that could of caused the libido problem? Thanks so much.

<<may be a double post, fuckin interwebz>>
Sub has a positive effect on libido in almost any case I've ever seen.. Of course, when I see someone taking sub, they're using it to come off heavy doses of harder opiates, so it's anyone's guess if it's the subs/bupe or the cessation of diacetyl/oxy/fent/etc. Doesn't bupe have some DA/norepin./serotonin effects? If so, wouldn't be shocked to see a subtle libido boost; either way, shred hasn't touched any opioids ;P
//edit: and re using gear, I'm not seeing why others have a problem in *this* regard. Sure, we can disagree on steroids in general, but in this case, where he knows about them, and was already planning his cycle b4 this happened, I can't see it as anything but useful. We seem to be pretty fully agreeing that the prob was psychological, so taking some test<properly!> isn't going to throw anything physical outta whack (more than it would to a 'control' subject, anyways), and psychologically, the effects on libido are pretty f'in minimal, but even still they'll help (and even if it was bunk test, I bet the placebo effect would still help, given that this is purely a psychological issue of him getting his libido back after a short period w/o it)

If you aren't ready to get the most out of using steroids, it's just not worth it though, especially at such a young age.

One should really have the ability to test their levels before, during, and after going into it. Without being able to do this - you aren't doing all the necessary research IMO.

It's purely up to him though, but just from reading his posts, it sounds like he'd prefer to get his libido back and not have any doubts about starting his cycle.

If you aren't ready to get the most out of using steroids, it's just not worth it though, especially at such a young age.

One should really have the ability to test their levels before, during, and after going into it. Without being able to do this - you aren't doing all the necessary research IMO.

It's purely up to him though, but just from reading his posts, it sounds like he'd prefer to get his libido back and not have any doubts about starting his cycle.

You are right about getting bloodwork. If not for the fact that New York doesn't allow people to order their own bloodtest, I would already of used Privatemdlabs and gotten tested. I will still use them but being that I have to travel to Connecticut to have the test done, I am having trouble finding the time right now.

Also, of course I want to have the problem settled before I go on cycle. In fact that's the only reason I haven't yet done the cycle. The thing is that if for example, I hear from a few more people that took sleeping pills and suffered the libido loss which returned a period of time after stopping, I would feel confident in going on cycle, right now.

I would certainly love to hear from more people who took either Ambien and Lunesta or even benzos, and suffered libido issues.