• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 25 years old and zero libido after taking sleeping pills for over a year.

I think that your problems are very likely mental in nature - and of course it is possible.

I would suggest going to talk to a psychologist/therapist in order to help examine how your life is going so you can get a better understanding for what you should do to best overcome having a low libido.

And I also was reading around how there are younger guys with good hormonal levels who lose their libido. I cant find posts with people whos libido returned. I hope thats because they dont return once their problem is solved. This whole thing is so stressful for me.

The OP does not need testosterone from an exogenous source, so let's try to find other helpful suggestions instead. :)

And I also was reading around how there are younger guys with good hormonal levels who lose their libido. I cant find posts with people whos libido returned. I hope thats because they dont return once their problem is solved. This whole thing is so stressful for me.

I imagine they don't have the problem anymore and that's why they haven't come back to talk about it.

Pegasus has discussed how his returned so that should at least provide you some hope. :)

I would consider talking to a psychologist/therapist, they can help you with this sort of thing by asking questions, allowing you to answer and suggest ideas you may have. Eventually you should be able to form a plan to be able to get your mojo back. :)

The OP does not need testosterone from an exogenous source, so let's try to find other helpful suggestions instead. :)

I imagine they don't have the problem anymore and that's why they haven't come back to talk about it.

Pegasus has discussed how his returned so that should at least provide you some hope. :)

I would consider talking to a psychologist/therapist, they can help you with this sort of thing by asking questions, allowing you to answer and suggest ideas you may have. Eventually you should be able to form a plan to be able to get your mojo back. :)

I hope you are right. Pegasus's post is the only one I have managed to find of its type and it is indeed one of the only hopeful posts I have found. Before I talk to a therapist, I have to first rule out a real medical problem that is causing this. I haven't suffered any other physical symptoms. I am trying to decide if I should visit a pyschiatrist, an endocrinologist or both.

I hope you are right. Pegasus's post is the only one I have managed to find of its type and it is indeed one of the only hopeful posts I have found. Before I talk to a therapist, I have to first rule out a real medical problem that is causing this. I haven't suffered any other physical symptoms. I am trying to decide if I should visit a pyschiatrist, an endocrinologist or both.

Do you have any reason to believe it's a physical problem and not a psychological one?

I used to keep a calender log of my sex drive, that's probably why you're not finding anything similar online! ;) It was actually when I had this same issue that I started keeping the calender, over time it developed into much more.

Remember that mood has a very strong effect on sex drive. Depression will kill your sex drive like nothing else. Anxiety has quite an impact on it as well.

Do you have any reason to believe it's a physical problem and not a psychological one?

Not that I can think of. My serum test levels are high and my free test is very high. You can see that on my blood test. I haven't suffered a single physical symptom other than low libido. I have read strange things about how the thyroid can affect this and I didn't get a comprehensive enough blood test to rule a throid issue out. I certainly feel fine physically. I was also reading about adrenal fatigue, neurotransmitter depletion etc.. but I simply dont know anything about these things. Physically I feel strong and healthy, just libido is shot. I have found some threads on various boards with people who are suffering sudden libido loss just as I am but they never come back to discuss what happened.

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_on...s_photo_women/sudden_and_total_loss_of_libido

http://www.relationship-forums.com/showthread.php?t=22658

http://ehealthforum.com/health/sudden-loss-of-sex-drive-t180942.html

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/26604-sudden-large-loss-libido

These cases sound like mine. None of them came back to say their libido returned.

Mate did you ever fix this. There are a few guys with such problems. Please update us. Thanks

I used to get fucked up on ambien and then try to limp dick fuck my gf. She would get so pissed off. As soon as the ambien wore off I could get a boner again though. However, the time I went to rehab they gave me massive amounts of phenobarbital for benzo WD. I got seriously concerned that it had ruined my ability to get a boner, but after about 2 weeks of being off phenobarbital it came back. I did read somewhere that it could cause permanent impotence.

I know this thread is 6 years old but It's the only thing that comes up when I search the issue. I am having the same problem with Lunesta. I've been taking i t for about 1.5 years now and gradually until now have no Libido. Did you ever find the root cause? Is it the Lunesta! And most importantly is your labido back! Thanks you.

Seeing as they haven't been active since 2011 the op won't get back to you. For future reference pm the op then start a new topic stating your issue linking to this thread for reference. For next time.... Hopefully someone answers your question.

I'll say though tryptamine psychedelics like mushrooms and Lsd definitely increase libido, but could be risky.