• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin 24 hours no heroin and feeling really fucking depressed

e92

Bluelighter
let me start off by saying that this isn't my time detoxing from heroin. only, this is my first time detoxing from such an intense heroin binge. 2 months of all day every day use. i've never used like that before. needles to say, i've been high 24/7 for 2 months straight.

my last dose was 24 hours ago, and around 10 hours ago i took 30mg of loperamide and 1mg klonopin, i still felt really bad. then i fell asleep for an hour or two and i woke up feeling pretty decent, physically.

my cravings arent really that bad, i feel alright physically, but the emotional part is really pretty bad.

i definitely feel better than i did a few hours ago but i'm pretty depressed..

i'm feeling random emotions and memories, random memories are popping up in my head and i miss them. i'm thinking of things that i fucked up. i'm just generally thinking of better days that i will never relive. when i was on heroin i didnt have that problem. when you're high the only thing that matters is what's going on right now.. and what's "going on right now" isnt really going on right now.

The mental agony/torment is one of the worst things about heroin withdrawal..that and the insomnia and restless legs just makes it a pit of misery..u are only 2 months deep and the pain u are feeling now will get much worse as will the physical symptoms..

The mental agony/torment is one of the worst things about heroin withdrawal..that and the insomnia and restless legs just makes it a pit of misery..u are only 2 months deep and the pain u are feeling now will get much worse as will the physical symptoms..

by 2 months i assume you meant 24 hours... and no. usually by the second day or towards the end of the second day my withdrawals are usually all gone. at day 3 im almost 100%

^So did you find some good reasons to quit H e92?
yeah man. i felt like i needed my life back. when you're on dope, you might think you have your life. you might think people don't think you're fucked up. you might think you're feeling things. you might think "oh, i just did a little bit, i feel normal im not high".. when in reality YOU ARE FUCKED UP.

i'm an opiate addict, there is no denying that. i always will be. and there's no doubt in my mind that i will relapse again (not any time soon) but i just pray to god that i'll never be this serious again. 2 months is a full blown addiction happening again, not a binge. a binge is a week or two.

I know this will sound stupid but do you have post it notes or just tape and paper with you?

While quitting I used to write down to paper why I want to quit and what I want to do after been clear for a while.

Then I just wrote those same things again and again to post it notes and put those in mirrors, to doors, tables and my pc screen etc. so I could read them while I felt misery.

Really is a great idea, I did the same thing and cant say how many times that helped me. Only 10 months for me and I don't even think about it much at all. Life is so much better for me on the other side.