• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2021 Fantasy Football

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
Ok... I'm planning on doing a Bluelight league if I can get enough people. Who would be interested in joining?

Doesn't necessarily have to be for money... But it can be if that's what people want.

I didn't do any fantasy last year so I'm pretty dang rusty, but I'm down to do it. Probably on Yahoo. Also, I like to do individual defensive players, it actually puts an awesome twist on the game as opposed to standard team defense.

Let me know what you think!

I haven't done fantasy much either so we can help each other
Sounds like a plan!

For the team setup, I was thinking about doing

1 QB
2 RB
2WR
1TE
1Flex
1DL
1LB
1DB

^ individual defensive players annoy me but i can't quite put my finger on why for you :)

no dst?

alasdair

So uh, yeah, you guys will have to explain the process to me. The only other time I done this it was very structured and I just kind of picked randomly.

^ individual defensive players annoy me but i can't quite put my finger on why for you :)

no dst?

alasdair
I just think it's more involved and realistic to do idp... Dst's end up at the bottom of the depth chart position that no one really cares about that doesn't score many points...

But if the consensus is that people prefer dst's we can do it that way, I don't mind

So uh, yeah, you guys will have to explain the process to me. The only other time I done this it was very structured and I just kind of picked randomly.
We'll walk you through it, I think we can look for some kind of guide, there's got to be something out there that spells out the basics

But in this circumstance what we're talking about, is that in standard leagues, one of the positions is a Team Defense/Special Teams... So basically you are awarded points based on how well the actual teams defense plays, say you have the Jets team defense.

But with individual defensive players, you are awarded points based on individual players you have on the roster for each position. So like in a standard league, you'd have a DST... And in IDP, you'd have some combination of DL, LB, and DBs

We will have a draft, that functions much like the regular one, and each of us will get to pick what players we have on our team. RBs and WRs tend to be the flashiest and first players picked, as well as QBs. These three positions earn a good amount of the points and are therefore valued the highest.

Each week you will set your roster, according to the roster setup the league goes with. Say you have Tom Brady as a QB, and the Bucs are playing a team with a poor passing defense. Well you will want to make sure that Tom Brady is your starting QB, although you will usually have a backup QB as well... You can play either, you just want to play for good matchups.

Say Tom Brady throws 250 yards and 2 TD's. Well the league will set up scoring rules. So at 1 pt per 25 yards, and 4 pts for a passing touchdown, Tom Brady will have scored you 18 pts. Some leagues do points per reception, points per completion, every 20+yard play is a point, etc. You can really customize this which is one part I really like doing. And so each player you start for the week will win you points depending on how good they perform. Each week you will be playing another team, say it's wk3 and it's neversickanymore vs. mal3volent... Well if nsa scores more points he will win, to put it simply.

That is at least a barebones basic guide to it, but I'm happy to discuss it more if anyone has any other questions, there's a lot of learning that goes into it, even for me and I've played many leagues over the years. It's really only been the past couple years that I've done my own league, but I've had two years running my own league, this past year I skipped though just due to all the turbulence in my life. Really quite a bummer because it was a good year of football.

I've done fantasy before first part of 2010's for a few seasons. It might be fun to try it with other BLers.

We still doing this @deficiT ?

is five people enough. Surely we could find more if need be
I kinda had it on the back burner and haven't started the league yet, but I've got the app downloaded and can go at any time. But yeah I think 8 teams is the minimum we definitely need more.

Not sure but maybe we can fill the last couple spots up with randos, or maybe I can find someone I know that wants to. But definitely wanna get it started and schedule the draft soonish

Actually it looks like we can do less than 8 if need be

I say we give it a few days, see if we can add more, and tentatively set a draft date between 9/6 - 9/9

Everyone who wants to play let me know and I will dm you the link