• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 NBA thread v. buy / cry your way to a championship

im just an Iguodala fan really

NippyConsciousAoudad.gif

i dont think a series has ever been OVER, that fast. really set the tone for the rest of the series. yeah houston won a game, but who gives a fuck

Warriors used to play in philly so thats my backup excuse

im just a hipster mostly

isn't Iguanadala a bit hurt tho? I think I remember hearing that

LOL at Warriors fans saying Bogut will be covering Bron. sure, you can funnel into Bogut as your help defender but no way in fuck is can a center dream of covering LBJ imo

fuck it I'm out. go Cavs. this is all I ever wanted

here's I see the matchups playing out

Cavs on defense:

Irving - Curry (adv Warriors)
Shumpert - K. Thompson (wash) / JR Smith - K Thompson (adv GS)
Lebron - Barnes (adv Cavs) / Lebron - Iguodala (wash)
T. Thompson - Draymond Green (matchup of the series imo, id give it to Draymond, ADV GS)
Mozgov - Bogut (who really cares)

Warriors on D

Curry - Irving (wash)
K. Thompson - Shumpert (adv GS) / K. Thompson - JR Smith (adv Cavs)
Barnes - Lebron (adv Cavs) / Iguodala - Lebron (wash, trust me, fuck the stat line)
Green - Thompson (again matchup of the series, im sticking with Draymond adv GS)
Bogut - Mozgov (wash)

somewhat confusing but then you factor in Barbosa, Livingston, Speights, and Ezeli off the bench and just too much points to Golden State

cavs in 5 stfu arci

Iguodala - Lebron (wash, trust me, fuck the stat line)

watch this, trust me. I always knew Iggy would win a ring after he left Philly.

I wrote a couple paragraphs on how he's an all around amazing player, just not... THE GUY

well, GS has another guy who is pretty good...

Last edited:
Iguadala is good, but really only a fan of his would say that him covering LBJ is a "wash." that's a stretch

Lol yeah I thought that was pretty funny. Nobody on golden state is covering Lebron.

He'll average close to a triple double for the entire series

the only way I can see them being successful is if they do a sort of "defense by committee" VIA Bogut, Green, and Iggy

and I suspect that they will not be like Paul Millsap and try to force LBJ to pop up jump shots and hope that his shooting is still a tad bit off (like it has been all playoffs). but shiiit if he finds his stroke he might even average 38 pts

I'm so nervous I have goose bumps. been a Cavs fan since Mark Price. even if they pull a Cleveland and lose in heart-breaking fashion; I will still be proud of this team

I have a weird feeling Mozgov is going to really step it up in the finals. People forget that Mozgov can hit that 10-15 ft jump shot. I expect him to start shooting those more in this series, trying to pull Bogut away from the basket

Which will open up a lot more offensive reboud opportunities for TT, and allow Lebron to drive to the basket without having a rim protector back there waiting

Also I expect to see a lot of Shump on Curry. If I'm the Cavs I'd much rather have Curry locked down and double team him and put the ball in klay thompson or somebody else's hands to win the game. If Cavs hold curry under 30 pts I think they win the game every time

Last edited:
all of those things would be awesome

man I just wish Andy was playing this Finals. my gay friend said he has a giant dick fwiw

AqS2snt.jpg

just another LBJ hater, it seems

dude put up more points than Stephen Curry & Klay Thompson combined

Lets compare his single shot %, to both theirs.. I honestly was hoping CLE would win, but I'm starting to lean towards GSW's. 6 series, 4-2.

Anyone watch them back in 08-09? I do miss that line up.. Azubuike, Belinelli, Crawford, Ellis, Harrington, Turiaf, Watson, the fucking beast Stephen Jackson.. I always thought Anthony Randolph would be a superstar, didn't pan out. Dude quit playing once yao kilt his fucking ego with that dunk on him.

The Warriors bench outscored the Cleveland bench 34-9 in Game 1. The 25-point advantage was huge, especially after the Warriors starters got off to a slow start. It was the bench that got the Warriors back into the game late in the first quarter and early in the second.

After Golden State fell behind by 14 (29-15) with 58 seconds to play in the first quarter, the Warriors went on a 12-2 run in just over five minutes to cut the deficit to four points with 7:41 to play in the half - with all 12 points coming from bench players. It was the beginning of a 23-10 run that led to the Warriors tying the game at 36-all with 4:21 to play.

Marresse Speights had eight points in just over eight minutes of play in his first game back since the third game of the Conference Semifinals.

But the star off the bench was Andre Iguodala, who finished with 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, a steal and a block in 32 minutes. He shot 6-of-8 from the field including 2-of-3 from 3-point range. It wasn't just the points that he scored, but the times that he scored them. Iguodala made momentum-shifting plays that got the crowd going crazy, including last-second thunderous dunks to close the first and third quarters.

For the Cavs, only J.R. Smith scored off the bench as he had one of his worst shooting performances of the playoffs — going 3-of-13 overall, with 10 of those shots coming from 3-point range.

Go Golden State, I'll wager if someone (cough: axl) isn't scared.. Though they beat the Rockets, which was goddamn shenanigans, they do have a line-up.. Not to say CLE doesn't at all.. I just feel like GSW's has the conference finals man-handled. Curry and his .3 second shots, nothing you can do..

Wow I feel sorry for the city of Cleveland. How bad will it be if Lebron can't bring a title to the city? This series is over with Kyrie out.

damn Marreese Speights cost golden state the game with that missed dunk if you think about it. no idea why iguodala didnt finish that fast break

i still like the warriors in 6, curry isnt going to miss 13 three pointers a game

I didnt like the last play the Warriors drew up, should have given the ball to Klay or Harrison Barnes and driven to the basket.

best case scenario - and 1.

worst case scenario - you got a chance at a tip in

still winning scenario - they hit a layup

warriors

six

mmm

looks like I was right about LBJ averaging 40 points. the Warriors have truly had no answer for him all season long

I hate bitching about refs and I won't say they are favoring either squad - because we know where my Len Bias lies - but holy shit is anybody seeing some terrible officiating?

man... I couldn't be happier. the whole world is counting my favorite basketball team out and they go in and play Detroit Pistons circa 2004 defense on all of those California spoon fed pretty boys and their old rich white fans. DELLY is fast becoming a fan favorite here in Cleveland. Outback Jesus has fucked up Derrick Rose, Jeff Teague, and now Curry

if LBJ had such a horrendous NBA Finals performance as Curry did Espn and you all would lambaste him. but no, Curry grows up with a silver spoon in his mouth, shooting around with his daddy's NBA friends since birth, and brings his daughter and family to press conferences. meanwhile LBJ grew up in the slums of northern Ohio to a mom when she was 16 years old, been with the same woman his entire life, and constantly gets disrespected.. and I have a feeling most of this is cuz LBJ is "blacker" than Curry

sorry bout the rant... not sorry

damn Arci was right about Mozgov. although I too thought he would be taking more mid range floaters, Golden States weak small lineup is just too easy for the 7 foot Russian to dunk on

if Cleveland wins I'll shit brix and LBJ will be cemented in glory forever for taking a bunch of moveable scrubs there with him

Last edited:
Wow I feel sorry for the city of Cleveland. How bad will it be if Lebron can't bring a title to the city? This series is over with Kyrie out.

meh most Cavs fans thought a title would be in the plans of next year

a title this year is truly a surprise , most especially after starting 19-20

and LBJ has every right to lose this series. how would the media's golden boy, Curry, fare without Thompson and Green?

he would be disgracing the MVP while da real MVP laughs, dunks, and drinks Lebron's Mix Sprite