• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Let me ask you this - if I was a born again christian who had come onto this board and started preaching would I be listened to? Would I be given the same respect you're talking about Ruski? Would my beliefs be any less legitimate? You can just imagine the flaming I would receive. I think if you looked hard enuff respect on this board can be very selective.
Narrow minded maybe, but if you are going to express such strong views on a public message board then you should be open to all such critism - I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it's reality. Start a thread on religion or personal beliefs and sit back and watch the flame wars begin. It's a no win situation.
Maybe the thread should have been posted in the Spirituality forum for a more serious response?
Not attack on you Ruski :) :)
[ 26 February 2002: Message edited by: haste ]

There's a difference between stating one's beliefs, and Preaching... Synthesis is simply doing the former...

Jezus, when do you ever get flamed Haste? Most of your threads get quite a few replies and people singing your praises - people are respectful to you after all (as they should be if you go to the trouble of posting something that you believe in). As far as posting threads about personal beliefs, you've done this yourself on more than one occasion.
Its been said before ad nauseum - if the thread offends you so much, leave it out.
Oops I forgot! :) :) :) - cause smiley faces make it all better don't they. Sorry, I resorted to sarcasm, I'll move along.
Apologies Synthesis.
Carry on.

Shoulda given a partial bump to both synthesis and genasirus, both agreed with them on some of their points and disagreed with some of their points. Also give a partial bump to haste, can we please have a bump icon that is slashed in half? By calling us small minded individuals who won't let other people expound their beliefs, Ruski, then you're just as bad as the people you deride.
Now if i may, i'd like to add some of my own beliefs and how they coincide with the end of the world). What i don't understand is how people can worship a god they can't see (the ancients were on to something here) to me the idea of worshipping a god who is like us, and made us so called 'protectors of the world' is a decidedly man made idea. If ya looking to worship something devine, something that makes you realise your own insignificance- Look around you it's everywhere, this amazing isolated rock floating through space, that has given the most precious gift of all life. Your body is made up of billions of atoms that are as old as the universe, yet they have congregated in this one very special place (as far as we know) in the universe amongst a see of infinite cold and darkness. And yet how do we treat this magnificent Earth? The one true devine being-- like shit. By worshipping the Christian God we are in fact worshipping ourselves, and in doing so we have created a terrible nothing that is slowly destroying our world ( i know is ripped off the never ending storey, but our storey will end sooner than you can imagine if we don't start treating the planet as our one true god)
Don't be happy, be sad, unless the consciousness shift synthesis is talking about just happened then

cornflakes.jpg

Feeling Corny? *smirk* :)

*runs away and hides*
Honestly, I truely think that the more varied beliefs and approaches on life that we familiarise ourselves with, the more a well rounded and fulfilled person we become. :)

Genesarius:
I would assume that when you are talking about "religion" being more harmful than helpful, etc etc, you are referring to the more "mainstream" religions?
Tabernacle: I like your way of thinking... :D :) :D :)
[ 15 March 2002: Message edited by: samadhi ]

Sam: jah as in the sunday school sort of stuff. Or alternatively the sickle-wielding bomb-carrying fundamentalists.
I realise you have a few select individuals that live in caves and expresses themselves with notepads and by singing songs to the wild-life... But it has to be said these are few and far between... And hey.. good luck to these guys :)

*scratches head*
what are we arguing about again? I must admit, my eyes just simply glazed over after reading some of these replies. You guys use such big words! And through all your diatribe, you don't realise that you're guilty of exactly what you're arguing against - over preaching.
Is synthesiss preaching? Raming his beliefs down your throat? I doubt 2 threads a year constitutes as preaching. He's certaintly not as in your face as the mormons (god bless em!).
There are party promoters who spam bluelight more than Oceanboy / synthesis - we don't complain about them. Though in my opinon, we should ;)
[ 15 March 2002: Message edited by: nezo ]

My thoughts exactly nezo :)
Love reading synthesis's posts! :D