2009 Bluelight Meetup Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsterdam sounds great, it'l actually give me a reason to start saving and get over there.

Although I don't think we should be planning it for 2009, maybe '08 or even '07. We're impatient and I'm sure most of us could save up by next year.

I'm down.

And I like the idea that it be in 2009. More time to save money, which means more people will be able to make it. :)

I definitely like the Amsterdam idea...Prague might be a good choice too!

MzFluffy said:
I say europe too so i'm legal to drink. I won't be turning 21 until december of 2009.

I would love to meet you some time and drink with you. I bet that we would trip out and giggle like school girls. ;) I would love to meet Kitty, and animal cookie. I bet we could have fun and that would be enough time for planning.

yeah having time to plan helps because it allows people to be sure they can afford to be there!

some folks are gonna have to travel. picking somewhere that's hub-like helps because deals can often found be to major airports. i personally have no problems travelling to something like this and anyone who wants to come should start with the mindset that they don't either!

dr seuss said:
who's coming? i can promise that whatever happens you will get to see GL in female clothes.

I don't care where it is, if this is the case, I'm there! - And you have valid points for NOT having it here in the land of the "free"

Its about damn time I come out and meet some you, er us, whatever!

And speaking of not meeting up even in the same town - Taylor, next time I come down town I'll take up your old offer and hit you up, so long as it still stands - I'd like to b.s. some muzak wif ya.

Finder said:
I would walk 499 miles to meet Seuss. Maybe.

:D

NOFX said:
i wouldn't swim across the nile - when i could get amoebic dysentery

SillyAlien's glastonbury idea is an interesting one as well - at least all styles of music would be catered for that way. would be quite expensive tho i think and asking people to travel with tents could prove troublesome!

dr seuss said:
who's coming? i can promise that whatever happens you will get to see GL in female clothes.

He won't be there - he REALLY is done with this place. I know, I know, everyone says it, but alas, he is gone for good. :( We don't even talk about it anymore.

I have a pic of him somewhere rolling his face off that's almost as incriminating, though.

But if you're wanting to come to the states and he hasn't pissed me off permanently by then, you and Titania are more than welcome to attend our wedding around this time next year. :)

I'd love a meetup in either London or Amsterdam. But I am NOT staying at the Flying Pig this time and if anyone tries to drag me into a FEBO I will likely fly into a homicidal rage.

SF LP is most likely gone for good, but there's an event I forget the name of that sounds great that will be replacing it, if the rumors are true.

junglejuice said:
Yeah, we should figure out some cool accomodations.

We need to make a poll for the location and then start with some cool ideas.Especially sense we are not busy at work and.....everybody else is off work. Good timing right?;)

anyone down for a global meetup in ohio ;)

i am down for whatever tho. i would vote we have it some where warm and tropical :)

Blue_Phlame said:
How about next week around the corner at the local pub?
Sweet, I'll most likely be there anyway. But don't count on it.

You could even go the cheesy 10-yr reunion route and give out awards for who traveled the farthest, oldest oldschooler in attendance, custiest, etc. Or alternatively the Special Olympics, where everybody gets an award.

Upon further reflection, Special Olympics is about right.

Other US options: Miami, Vegas, LA

No huge BL meetup in the states, please.

I vote for Amsterdam! Isn't there a huge festival there every year? Maybe we could plan it around that? :)

MzFluffy said:
that would be awesome!! I can even supply the school girl skirts ;)
Yeah, that would be great. We would be unstoppable then. hehe Who would want too? LOL;)

Status
Not open for further replies.