Was the film nominated for any oscars?

1. Was it made after the year 2002? No
2. is the majority of the movie black and white? No
3. Was it made after the year 1990? Yes
4. Is somebody murdered in the film? No
5. Is it a Disney film (was Disney involved in the production at all)? No
6. Was Kevin Smith involved in the film in any way? No
7. Is it a comedy? Yes
8. Was the film nominated for any Oscars? No (lol)

1. Was it made after the year 2002? No
2. is the majority of the movie black and white? No
3. Was it made after the year 1990? Yes
4. Is somebody murdered in the film? No
5. Is it a Disney film (was Disney involved in the production at all)? No
6. Was Kevin Smith involved in the film in any way? No
7. Is it a comedy? Yes
8. Was the film nominated for any Oscars? No (lol)
9. Was it made before 1998? No

sp

hahaha

Define "cult film" and "kick-ass soundtrack"[/QU Cult film equals the kind you can spend at least 5 minutes back and forth quoting, to the utter bafflement of your parents and/or co-workers. Kick-ass soundtrack equals irresistably commenting, ''It's got a kick-ass soundtrack, too'' whenever anybody mentions it.

Just a random question about this game. When someone mentions "made" are they talking about production or the date of release?

1. Is there a family in it? 2. Is it a cult film? 3. Does it have a kick-ass soundtrack?

One question at a time. Your last two questions are debatable. One person's idea of a cult film and a kick-ass soundtrack could be another person's overrated movie and ear garbage.

Just a random question about this game. When someone mentions "made" are they talking about production or the date of release?

Year it was released. Some movies are held back so long that there are years between the production date and the date it's released. I always say made, but I mean the year IMDB has it listed as having came out.

dropthatpickle said:
1. Is there a family in it? 2. Is it a cult film? 3. Does it have a kick-ass soundtrack?

Don't want to sound like a dick, but all three of those questions are terrible, or at least terribly phrased. Almost all films have a family in it, a better phrased version would be "Is a family central to the plot of the film?"

Also agree that it is one question at a time.

dropthatpickle said:
Define "cult film" and "kick-ass soundtrack"[/QU Cult film equals the kind you can spend at least 5 minutes back and forth quoting, to the utter bafflement of your parents and/or co-workers. Kick-ass soundtrack equals irresistably commenting, ''It's got a kick-ass soundtrack, too'' whenever anybody mentions it.

I could call any film that I and one other person really likes a cult film then, my sister and my mum can spend hours talking about Mary Poppins, and The Holiday but I wouldn't consider those cult films really.

Also your definition of a kick-ass soundtrack is also totally subjective.

The aim of this game is to ask questions that can narrow down the list of possible films, questions that will help everyone guess the film.

Year it was released. Some movies are held back so long that there are years between the production date and the date it's released. I always say made, but I mean the year IMDB has it listed as having came out.

That's interesting. I guess you are right HNIF, but I have been doing it slightly different on my turns, especially if IMDB says it was released in January I have been using the year before IMDB. I guess you are right though and it could have been made a couple of years priot, I will change my answers to the IMDB date when I next get a go.

Don't want to sound like a dick, but all three of those questions are terrible, or at least terribly phrased. Almost all films have a family in it, a better phrased version would be "Is a family central to the plot of the film?"

Whoa, I thought this was supposed to be fun. Mega-apologies, mes freres (soeurs?), for asking two subjective Q's, two too many, and one that was ill-y phrased. I just had an idea, that's all. Did y'all just flame me? I write the way I talk when I'm not working on my dissertation.:p