• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 2-PA (2-Phenylacetamide)

roi

Bluelighter
RwhDOLp.png

2-Phenylacetamide

It's Amphetamine with the alpha-methyl replaced by ketone.

I couldn't really find anything about stimulating effects of phenylacetamides in literature.

Tried it at 20-60mg orally, similar to amphetamine with a little less euphoria. Peak 3-4 hours-ish.

If other phenylacetamides turn out to worthwhile we might be looking at a great series of substances, especially in countries where amphetamines are banned.

As always, be careful with new RCs, start at 1mg and slowly work your way up :)

if this was active i'd eat my hat... i don't believe it is

next you'll be telling me phenylacetic acid is a stimulant too 8)

Last edited:
why would you want to replace the ketone, isnt there a good enough ingredient,mean, to use this chemical is absurd from what i see online you wasting time..better off looking into amphetamine replacements, and refining theyre chemistry and refining techniques wich are basis for all, you could play with ephedrine alternates, but i know this is very risky, still, find the right one and you would be 'the man'

why would you want to replace the ketone, isnt there a good enough ingredient,mean, to use this chemical is absurd from what i see online you wasting time..better off looking into amphetamine replacements, and refining theyre chemistry and refining techniques wich are basis for all, you could play with ephedrine alternates, but i know this is very risky, still, find the right one and you would be 'the man'

With all those analogue acts you'd be aiming at the black market with any derivatives. Why would RC vendors do that if they can make money with no risk at all? No wonder more and more shitty wannabe drugs are coming out. There's a shitload of small psychoactive molecules, that doesn't mean they're anywhere near the potency or quality of cocaine, MDMA, or amphetamine. We can't even guess at its mode of action. Everything is always just like MDMA or cocaine, only "a bit weaker", "less euphoric" etc. etc. No RC really ever substituted MDMA, cocaine, or heroin on the black market, many were banned throughout the years, and what, we're getting more and more replacements and God knows what side effects they might have. Remember this RC opioid causing hair loss? I guess that's one of the least worrisome side effects that these completely unknown RCs may have. Aside from a couple of cathinones and MXE I can't see anything worth the fuss to be honest, the only class of psychoactive compounds that's seeing some interesting releases are psychedelics actually. And of course 2-phenylacetamide is an interesting starting point, there are few compounds so cheap to make.

I can't see a good point about more and more threads about RCs like this one. I mean, what are we supposed to discuss here? The only information I could find on 2-phenylacetamide was that it's an intermediate metabolite of phenylalanine, well, that's not much too start with, no scientific facts about its pharmacology at all.

I can't see a good point about more and more threads about RCs like this one.

Very simple, there's no RC subforum and PD/OD mods prefer it being posted here instead.

IMO discussion of these new substances (worthwhile or not) is the most interesting topic on bluelight and it should be encouraged (and accessible), not moved about the subforums to end up here where it feels unwanted.

Let's move these back to OD, where at least more people who actually try these can chime in..
Or create a subforum already...

Last edited:
What I mean is that there is nothing to be discussed about such compounds in the NPD section because there is basically no information on their pharmacological action. I'm sceptical about phenylacetamide, wherever it might bind causing stimulant effects, phenylacetic acid should bind as well only weaker (less delocalization than in the amide, weaker hydrogen bonds). Perhaps it does have some awakening effect but I don't think it's anywhere near the power of amphetamines. Check similar threads and you'll see that there are few responses with new meaningful information, so don't be surprised that some people may think these threads are for promotional purposes. I think the RC subforum in Other Drugs might be a good idea to discuss everything about them from experiences to guesses about pharmacological properties. I guess it'd be OK for stimulant and downer RCs.

Other Drugs and Psychedelic Drugs are effectively already the "RC subforums". There's even a RC prefix for RC/designer drug related threads in OD.

Threads like "hey guys here's a new chemical it's just like amphetamine/cocaine/MDMA/mephedrone but with no comedown!!!!" are bound to attract attention because at face value these look like nothing but shill posts. It is well-known that vendors "reward" people for promoting their new products on boards such as Bluelight. However, if these chemicals are already "in the wild" then these threads need to exist anyway. See the MPA, MDPV and dozens of other megathreads (in OD and PD) for example. PD is where novel psychedelic/dissociative compounds for which little to no pharmacological information is known should be going, everything else (again, for substances where little to no pharmacological information is known) should go into OD.

Anything that is an obvious shill post certainly doesn't belong NsPD. Remember, NsPD forum is for advanced discussion.

I'm moving this over to Other Drugs.

NsPD --> OD

Last edited:
This one and its brother remind me an awful lot of good ol' Tylenol.
Very interesting, who knew..

I realize this comparison is a far stretch, just thought it was kinda funny

any new experiences so far?

especially to all rc amph lovers like roi. i wonder what does one to when experiencing this new rcs ;)

Last edited:
There's a (short) 2-PTA report on reddit (link), but none for 2-PA yet I think.

2-PTA is a little underwhelming concerning euphoria (it has some, d-amph e.g. has more), otherwise it's a plain stim not unlike many others. I'm on 50mg insufflated right now, it's nothing special but it's not bad either. Will update if somethings come up or there are questions.

I think the n-methyls will be pretty good. Maybe we'll see some acetamide psychedelics in the future as well :)

I find it a real stretch of the imagination to believe this or it's derivatives would be active whatsoever. Can anyone who has tried this say with absolute surety that they have actually consumed the compound in question?

2-PA seems to be a intermediate for many drugs so you can probably get it from non-rc vendors as well, if you find one willing to deal with individuals.