• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe 2 day relapse while on Sub maintenance

Nooneskind101

Greenlighter
Hello BL!
I have been on 16mg daily SL Suboxone since August 24 2022. Thursday I relapsed with IV heroin/fent. I used about $60 worth from Thursday evening at 8pm until Saturday night around 1130pm (so two whole days). I have not taken any Suboxone in those two days. I haven’t done any today and it’s been about 20 hours since my last shot.

My question is would I be okay to just resume my Suboxone dosing, or should I start with small doses and titrate up from there? I know this has been discussed on here to death, but I’ve been searching all day and can’t seem to find anything close to what I’m asking.

Usually by now, with just IV dope, I’d be sick as a dog, but I actually feel fine. My guess is the Suboxone is still hanging on. I got a little high while relapsing these two days, and felt that rush, but it was pretty fleeting and muted.

Should be fine if you were taking that much sub for that long…if you want to be safe take 2mg n see how you feel in a hour if you feel fine take another 2mg then in another hour just take the rest of your sub dose…that way if you do take the sub to early and get PWDs it should only last a hour or so

Should be fine if you were taking
Should be fine if you were taking that much sub for that long…if you want to be safe take 2mg n see how you feel in a hour if you feel fine take another 2mg then in another hour just take the rest of your sub dose…that way if you do take the sub to early and get PWDs it should only last a hour or so

I took my first 2mg dose at 9pm and it’s going on 10pm and I already feel better. So I assume I’m going to be alright. I feel good enough to sleep, so I may just try and sleep through the night and resume my normal dosing tomorrow. Thanks for the confidence boost! Ill post another update tomorrow. One thing I notice people do on here is post something, get advice, then never report back with how it went. I won’t be one of those people.

So I took 2mg last night and mostly slept okay. This morning I woke up and took 4mg and within 30 min, I had this sudden onset of crazy anxiety and cravings. I took it around 8am and it’s 1030 now. Some of it had subsided but I still feel pretty shitty. I made a huge mistake with this relapse. You wouldn’t think a 2 day relapse would cause this sort of trouble, but I guess with the fentanyl bullshit, the rules are different now

You wouldn’t think a 2 day relapse would cause this sort of trouble, but I guess with the fentanyl bullshit, the rules are different now
Yeah, there's all kinds of threads in Basic/Other Drugs where people are saying it's not like when they could do some H and then get back on their subs and it would be okay. They are saying that the subs just don't help after a fent binge and some of them are still not right a week later. And some are even saying that the subs don't help at all anymore.

When the H dried up and the fent analogues and the RC's became what everyone was taking the subs just can't compete. Some poor people can't even get off the fent to give the subs a chance because their WD's are so bad that they just stay on the fent. And it's sad because most of them say they either can't access methadone, don't want to do the daily regimen or they just don't have the means to get on it ( no car ). Really sad to read that they want to get help but just can't seem to find their way through.

I’ve done the switch between fent and Suboxone 7-8 times and it’s never been easy. Back when dope was dope, I never had a problem using for 2-3 days and then just picking back up where I left off with subs. No long transition period, no feeling crappy for days on end. Now that everything is fent or It’s analogues, it takes a lot of willpower and a lot of suffering. Most of us can’t make it through the week or more it takes to balance out on suboxone. I personally have a hard time tolerating the sleeplessness that it causes. I’ll sleep an hour or two a day and it’ll take 3-4 days to be able to sleep normally.

Currently my anxiety is beginning to subside but I still feel worn out, and nowhere near 100%. I wish I would remember this suffering every time I think of relapsing. But it’s always so easily forgotten. Not sure why.

I wish I would remember this suffering every time I think of relapsing. But it’s always so easily forgotten. Not sure why.
It's because the subs aren't cutting it sometimes and you need to feel that euphoria again from whatever drug you liked the best. You are only human and you are trying to give up the street stuff and subs can help but they aren't the real deal. You miss getting high and you miss how it used to be and recovery is well worth it but it sucks. It's a long process with relapses and bad days and shitty feelings but it beats the street drugs that are out now and it beats spending your paycheck on it.

Hang in there. Hopefully in the end you will be glad you did.

Dang that’s crazy, I would think the first 2mg should have induced some level of wd, but atleast your working your way back on the subs, maybe micro dosing subs 2-3 times a day at 0.5mg a dose will be better for fent, Iv never done fent just regular ol H but I keep forgetting that’s what most people can get these days..I wonder how a poppy pod extract would do for fent, I wonder if you could switch to pod extract for a week or two then switch to sub from there, I’m almost positive
3-4tsp pod extract would control even moderately severe fent wd, unfortunately I have no way to test tho

Last edited:
You should be good. 👍

.. Also the need to get high CAN be balanced with occasional/responsible use. The way I've been doing it for the past few years is learning to regard the highs as a special treat, instead of my drug being this absolute existential necessity I HAVE to have every single day just in order to function.

I’ve done the switch between fent and Suboxone 7-8 times and it’s never been easy. Back when dope was dope, I never had a problem using for 2-3 days and then just picking back up where I left off with subs. No long transition period, no feeling crappy for days on end. Now that everything is fent or It’s analogues, it takes a lot of willpower and a lot of suffering. Most of us can’t make it through the week or more it takes to balance out on suboxone. I personally have a hard time tolerating the sleeplessness that it causes. I’ll sleep an hour or two a day and it’ll take 3-4 days to be able to sleep normally.

Currently my anxiety is beginning to subside but I still feel worn out, and nowhere near 100%. I wish I would remember this suffering every time I think of relapsing. But it’s always so easily forgotten. Not sure why.

omg i was on sub maintenance recently for fent also... I started in august too for 2 months did that. I went to a methadone clinic where they have subutex maintenance the same way as methadone. You have to walk up to the window and the nurse has to hand it to you. Anyways point being, is that the fact that its a pill they are giving you not liquid methadone, makes it easy to spit it out right after i walk out the clinic. I was put on 24 mgs daily the max because i wasnt responding well to bupe AT ALL. I would relapse while on subs, wait 4 days after last fent use, and take my first dose of bupe to get back on maintenance.

Let me tell you.... even waiting 4 days and only binging 3 days like you, transitioning back and forth is brutal. It unbelievable how bad i felt on subs no matter how much mgs i was taking even 32mgs. I ended up having to switch to methadone 5 weeks ago cause i literally couldnt move or do anything on Bupe.

Im still trying to convince myself to stop binging like this even on methadone now, it makes it so much worse and its not even close to worth the shitty high im sure you got those 2 days... Its always more fun in your head until you actually take fent while on Bupe or methadone and in a sense blocks it, or diminishes the effect. Keep up the good work and i agree it takes like a week after 2-3 day binging to feel 'normal' on Bupe, even 32 mgs. Ridiculous.

I personally find that as long as I take a tiny piece of sub daily or every other day,( even i used that day) then I can jump right back to subs alone.

so for example, if I got high in the morning, that evening I’ll take the tiniest corner of a strip.

i just sort of wait til the high has worn off mostly. Though sometimes I will dose it an hour or two later cause I was doing dope all day.

i started doing this because the first time I used for a few days (heroin, but there is some fent in it) and tried to jump back to sub I felt like shit for 2-3 days. Fatigue, stomach diarrhea, shakiness, etc. Like previous posters, it is way harder when fent enters the equation

But I sort of bastardized the Bernese method’s concept and I microdose daily
even when using and since doing so, I have had no issue returning to sub use.

—and even when I use just sub, I stay in the 2-4 mg range, and have no issue feeling dope. And the microdose doesn’t affect my ability to get high at all

I personally find that as long as I take a tiny piece of sub daily or every other day,( even i used that day) then I can jump right back to subs alone.

so for example, if I got high in the morning, that evening I’ll take the tiniest corner of a strip.

i just sort of wait til the high has worn off mostly. Though sometimes I will dose it an hour or two later cause I was doing dope all day.

i started doing this because the first time I used for a few days (heroin, but there is some fent in it) and tried to jump back to sub I felt like shit for 2-3 days. Fatigue, stomach diarrhea, shakiness, etc. Like previous posters, it is way harder when fent enters the equation

—and even when I use just sub, I stay in the 2-4 mg range, and have no issue feeling dope. And the microdose doesn’t affect my ability to get high at all
I can see this working to be honest. If i was still on bupe i would do this. However you have to ask yourself is it worth all those battles for days trying to feel 'normal' on subs after you use fent? To get that shitty shit fent high i swear it sucks. Opioids and opiates suck now

Honestly (and don’t hate me), most of what I get is actual heroin but most also has fent mixed in. It’s unfortunately rare to find dope without any fent at all in it (I live in Pennsylvania). Been that way going back to around 2017-18 ish.

Though i guess happy thanksgiving to me, as I did get some that is fent free last night.

I don’t think I would bother jumping back n forth if it was straight fent or the purple “dope” that is so prevalent.

But the way I do it works, and while I have taken long stretches off opiates (think years), at the moment I’m more in a “dont want to get sick“ usage of suboxone as opposed to wanting to just be on subs.

what doesn’t help for me is I moved like 5 hours away from where I can easily open air cop to where it’s like a full blown anxiety attack as to “can I find anything today” (and if I do it’s a 6 hour process half the time)

Just been in a place lately when numb is good..

Honestly (and don’t hate me), most of what I get is actual heroin but most also has fent mixed in. It’s unfortunately rare to find dope without any fent at all in it (I live in Pennsylvania). Been that way going back to around 2017-18 ish.

Though i guess happy thanksgiving to me, as I did get some that is fent free last night.

I don’t think I would bother jumping back n forth if it was straight fent or the purple “dope” that is so prevalent.

But the way I do it works, and while I have taken long stretches off opiates (think years), at the moment I’m more in a “dont want to get sick“ usage of suboxone as opposed to wanting to just be on subs.

what doesn’t help for me is I moved like 5 hours away from where I can easily open air cop to where it’s like a full blown anxiety attack as to “can I find anything today” (and if I do it’s a 6 hour process half the time)

Just been in a place lately when numb is good..
Ive always wanted to try to east coast H. For 8 years i did IV black tar heroin in Los Angeles. Ive never seen powdered H in my life. I always wished i could get powder cause now i got no veins i have to snort, and black tar is atrocious plus non existent. The only good thing about the fent we get now on the west coast is everyone smokes it. Its usually rocky or in chunks. Its not powdered H cut with fent like east coast. No one shoots up on the west coast anymore pretty much

Ive always wanted to try to east coast H. For 8 years i did IV black tar heroin in Los Angeles. Ive never seen powdered H in my life. I always wished i could get powder cause now i got no veins i have to snort, and black tar is atrocious plus non existent. The only good thing about the fent we get now on the west coast is everyone smokes it. Its usually rocky or in chunks. Its not powdered H cut with fent like east coast. No one shoots up on the west coast anymore pretty much
I actually quit shooting back in 2013

i only shot 2x since then.

My veins had gotten so so bad from IV coke I couldn’t hit anything

I actually stopped everything for years. When I picked back up in 2020 ish I only have snorted.

And I actually have veins that came back, but I like being able to sniff a half bag and get high. I’ve been getting some quality stuff though so that is the only reason I can do that. I had some trash the one day and had to do like .25 just to feel anything though.

I also don’t want the habit that came with IV, and also I know as soon as I start I’m going to kill off the couple veins left. Don’t want that. Last time I was in the hospital I had to get a PICC line in my neck for IV meds n blood draws. Not fun.

I never tried black tar, but also i have never been to the west coast !

Interesting. Ya i wish we had intranasal opiates on the west coast. For some reason all the opiates we get are smoked. Even the fent we get people dont IV it because it doesnt even work for some reason well. What is a picc line? and i had the same issue took them 2 hours to find a vein i havent shot up in 4-5 years

It’s funny you mention this “process”, I used to do EXACTLY that. Even with the fent strong stuff here in Richmond, VA, I didn’t have to worry. I’d wake up sick, cop, hold off on the dope, take 2-4mg, wait a half hour, then bang my shot. I played that “just don’t wanna be sick” game for a long time. What made me give up on doing that was after about 4 months of that, I started noticing my sleep pattern was being disrupted, and I was starting to feel severely depressed. So I stopped the microdosing and sure enough, all that bullshit stopped. On the downside, I then lost my safety net.

Aww man, I used to live in York, PA back in 2009 and the dope I used to get in Baltimore or York city was AMAZING. I miss those days, fuck. Now it’s all purple fent in the plastic trash cans lol. God I miss the golden days.

Aww man, I used to live in York, PA back in 2009 and the dope I used to get in Baltimore or York city was AMAZING. I miss those days, fuck. Now it’s all purple fent in the plastic trash cans lol. God I miss the golden days.
I was in Harrisburg in early 2000s, but back then it was heavily skewed toward being a crack city; you could get dope but it wasnt amazing, and you were better off running up to Reading or down to Kensington

In 2009 i was living in Reading.

i know the areas of which you speak lol

And yes, there is that “purple fent” (god only knows It really is; I always meant to have it tested but never did) all over Reading

I moved about 5 hours away at the end of August. The stuff where i am is weaker but surprisingly is brown and doesn’t test for fent

Still, I’ve made a few trips back just because of the shitty market where I am, and I have found a pretty good source of actual dope back home, albeit that it does often have fent in there. You don’t get the crappy fentadope high but it tests for fent.

The stuff you mention does exist still; it’s just more difficult to find. Where before it was the “common“ shit you found everywhere

Nice to see someone else from the area on here though!!

I was in Harrisburg in early 2000s, but back then it was heavily skewed toward being a crack city; you could get dope but it wasnt amazing, and you were better off running up to Reading or down to Kensington

In 2009 i was living in Reading.

i know the areas of which you speak lol

And yes, there is that “purple fent” (god only knows It really is; I always meant to have it tested but never did) all over Reading

I moved about 5 hours away at the end of August. The stuff where i am is weaker but surprisingly is brown and doesn’t test for fent

Still, I’ve made a few trips back just because of the shitty market where I am, and I have found a pretty good source of actual dope back home, albeit that it does often have fent in there. You don’t get the crappy fentadope high but it tests for fent.

The stuff you mention does exist still; it’s just more difficult to find. Where before it was the “common“ shit you found everywhere

Nice to see someone else from the area on here though!!
I lived in and out of York from 2008-2012. Used to take an ex gf to work in Harrisburg at Savannah’s every night, wait around the city until she was off. Partied my ass off more than a few times in Reading with her family and some friends. Made a few trips up and down Route 30. I miss that area, for sure. The people there were so nice and really knew how to throw down quietly. I actually married a woman I met in Red Lion. We’re still married to this day. Now she’s got a masters degree in Psychology because of my addiction lol. It’s nice bumping into other people who’ve been to the same areas I have. Keep keepin on my friend! It was awesome talking to you.

For everyone else: I did end up tolerating the switch back to subs with little suffering. It took about 5 days to feel like the fog had lifted and I could begin to feel those lost feelings of joy and that sense of well-being that “government subsidized sobriety” brings. Anyone can feel free to hit me up with any questions or concerns about the flip flopping

lived in and out of York from 2008-2012. Used to take an ex gf to work in Harrisburg at Savannah’s every night, wait around the city until she was off. Partied my ass off more than a few times in Reading with her family and some friends. Made a few trips up and down Route 30. I miss that area, for sure. The people there were so nice and really knew how to throw down quietly. I actually married a woman I met in Red Lion. We’re still married to this day. Now she’s got a masters degree in Psychology because of my addiction lol. It’s nice bumping into other people who’ve been to the same areas I have. Keep keepin on my friend! It was awesome talking to you.
Nice talking to you as well!

I would say message me so the whole world doesn’t have to read a conversation they prob don’t care about, but I believe you have to hit Bluelighter status in order to DM. (Unless that changed; it’s been quite a while since I started here)

but when u hit that status, message me anytime. Til then, sorry works, but you get to listen in lol

Thats great that you met your wife near there and all worked out

i wasn’t in York a lot, but I do remember there was a rave-type club that my friend took me to a few times. Back then she didn’t drive and she was into the MDMA scene, so I had few fun experiences at that place in York and one in Philly (Bubble might have been name of one in Philly; I have no clue what the one in York was called. Just remember the first time leaving it was like 2 or 3 am and I must’ve driven over the same RR tracks 5 times. Saw a cop car, and we decided going to a motel for the night was smarter than attempting to make it back to Harrisburg lol