View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1st time taking one eighth of mushrooms

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
I've tripped mushrooms twice before, both times at 2g dry. Both times were pretty much the same, nothing too intense, not intense at all really, but very awesome none the less. No visuals except move things moving slightly. Would an eighth be a good next dose to take? How more intense is an eighth compared to two grams?

Where I live, an eighth is the starting dose... It will definitely get you acquainted with shroomies, and shouldn't be too much for you to handle. Iv'e never taken 2 grams, but I would say that the extra 1.5 might b what your looking for, at least for now lol

It'll be heavy no doubt. Start off eyes closed, reclined. You'll see a universe. If it gets too heavy go outside and move around. You'll see the reality behind the reality, no doubt, but it's totally manageable. Mushrooms have a ceiling, and if you are sensitive, more won't necessarily blow it off, you may find an eighth remarkably similar to two grams depending on your subtle body disposition.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be taking an eighth or maybe even 4 grams for my next trip pretty soon. I'm actually looking for something somewhat intense this time (or full blown mushroom experience I guess you could say). The last two times (2 grams) was awesome, but not intense at all. Hell I would eat just 2 grams again, and then another time maybe 7, it all depends.

2 grams is mostly in your head, at an eighth it really becomes visual. Go with the flow is the best advice i can give you.

On a strong trip i try to experience the come up and the peak in 2 different locations, if you peak in the same room as you came up in the weirdness clings in the air... hard to describe.

If things get too weird for ya pour a real tall glass of bourbon and put in a movie

If things go bad Terrence McKenna recommended standing up and singing. I'll probably do that hahahaha

Get a trip sitter and don't drive anywhere. Also, bear in mind that like with marijuana some shrooms are stronger than others, even if they come from the same dealer sometimes. Personally, I have been taking 3.5g of strong, dried magic mushrooms the last two times I tripped off them and, frankly, would rather take a whole quarter next time, except the price is if not prohibitive at least on the expensive side for a single experience. Also, take the whole amount that you are planning to take at once; don't stagger your doses. This is of upmost importance with LSD. I'm not sure about shrooms but better safe than sorry. Yes, the last and only time I've ever taken 7g of shrooms, I freaked out, but I mainly attribute that to the (stupid) fact that I was driving by myself at night in a large, somewhat unfamiliar city and was, at one point, lost. Besides, freaking out a little is to be expected in small amounts for any trip which pushes the dosage envelope a bit, and in my opinion, most of those types of trips end up being the most valuable. The other thing that disappointed me with my re-acquaintance with psychedelic fungi was that the whole experience was not nearly as deep or profound as LSD is, which I have taken a lot more of than shrooms, and didn't engender any deep insights--spiritual, relational, personal, or otherwise--that I associate with a good trip. Then again, neither did my experience vaping DMT, although it was awesome in other ways. The lights were definitely brighter and the colors prettier, however.

Last edited:
3.5 g of a good shroom will have you flying. Stay relaxed and enjoy the ride.

Interesting advice, and I'm sure I will be flying. But I couldn't get them. Maybe here pretty soon I will partake in a 3.5 g experience, and I might let you know how it went. But that's not until I get a hold of them.